Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.413 (Cat 7.9.1)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Octopuss

Octopuss New Member

7.9 official drivers work fine, so it must be something on Omega's side :)

Not sure what 7.9.1 are though, because on ATI's web the last version is from 10th septermber.

But please dig into this and solve :)

2. Cyper

Cyper New Member

To the people with Direct3D errors.

The new ATI drivers are affecting the way you overclock.

I've had this problem since the 7.9's first came out. Once installed my Direct3D would just stop working all together. Once Omega released his I thought i'd give them a try, however I set BIOS settings to default just for testing. The drivers seemed to worked fine. I then set my BIOS settings back to default and my Direct3D had stopped working again. Setting things back to default and turning things up one at a time I have found that it is the CPU.

Before I was clocked at 200MHz with a multiple of 11 (setting me to 2.0GHz). Now I can not clock at anything but 166MHz with a multiple of 11 (setting me to 1.84).

Why it is doing this I have no idea however I have tested it to be true.

Also reverting back to 7.8's I can clock at my default speeds and Direct3D works fine. Again, no idea why this happens. The new drivers must be putting more stress on systems than previous ones.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  3. Octopuss

Octopuss New Member

Ok I looked in the .inf files and 1650 PRO isn't there at all. Please add :) I sent you mail before weekend.

4. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

I can overclock fine with the official 7.9's.

5. Cyper

Cyper New Member

And you're having errors when running the Direct3D tests with 7.9's installed?

6. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

7.9 hotfix. Haven't tried the hotfix from ATI so I don't know how that works. Since it is based on 7.9 it baffles me a bit that the original driver is faster though, I don't know why. My gaming has never been as smooth and with such good performance as it has now.

I also wonder why I don't have the same kind of problem as the other AGP card owners have.

7. smoke044

smoke044 New Member

Serious Problem

Hi, I just installed the new omega drivers on my win xp desktop with x1600agp card and restarted. After doing so my PC stays at the start up HP Splash Screen and will not go any further. It doesnt seem to respond to f1<setup>, f10<system recover> or f8. Any help would be greatly appreciated im kind of a nub =./

Im posting this on my sisters labtop to avoid any confusion, cant get my desktop to reboot. Would love to see the "Restart with last known good configeration msg but it doesnt go that far =/.

8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Greetings and welcome to DriverHeaven!

There are known issues with any Catalyst Driver from 7.7 to the current versions and any AGP card. You need to be using 7.6 version or earlier until this issue is resolved by ATI. No modded drivers will have a fix for it either.

9. smoke044

smoke044 New Member

Yes i understand that but I cant access my pc to revert the settings =/ it wont reboot, just stuck at the splash screen and wont go any further. Would really appreciate any help on how to get into the xp settings so i can reboot with last good configeration.

10. Dyre Straits

Have you tried unplugging it from the outlet for a couple of minutes and then plug it back in and try to boot?

Also, make sure there's no disk in the CD/DVD drive.

11. cox

cox Active Member

restart keeping press F8 pressed..you will have the options to do what you want

12. Octopuss

Octopuss New Member

Anyone else having problems emailing Omega? I got my mail returned as undeliverable.

13. Audi

Audi New Member

What is the best way to change the videodriver?
    I have a NGQ 7.3 now and i wont change it to the new Omega!
    Whats the best method?
    Thanks

14. drivetheory

drivetheory New Member

Incompatible drivers:
    ATI 7.9
    ATI 7.9.1 ('7.9 hotfix')
    Omega 3.8.413

VID: Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB (AGP 8x)
    MBD: Intel D865PERL

If the afore mentioned drivers are installed, the system tries to reboot after install, the system begins to load devices (can see this via the /sos switch in boot.ini), the system checks the attached disks for errors, THEN my LCDs immediately go into the "no signal" state, they stay there for 3-5 seconds, then they turn back on and i see the BIOS POST'n all over again... this cycle repeats non-stop if i try to boot to normal mode...

Rebooted to safe mode, deleted/uninstalled video controllers, rebooted, uninstalled drivers, rebooted, reinstalled ATI 7.7 drivers (ATI's 7.8 literally gives me 1/2 framerates in MANY games compared to 7.7, didn't try Omega's 7.4 modded drivers, 7.6 gives same framerate as 7.7)

All other drivers for devices are up to date.

ATI has stated in tech support correspondence that 7.8 & 7.9 are not 100% compatible with AGP cards...

15. higgledyhiggles

higgledyhiggles Active Member

on a side note, since i`ve gone back to 7.6 omegas (curse my agp). whats the reasoning behing the wdm driver bits. does it matter which version you have, latest=best or should the drivers and wdm match. ?
    cheers,
    higgles.

16. Maede

Maede New Member

I have a bug to post: With the newest omega drivers (Catalyst 7.9.1), my TV won't work. The PC regonices it fine but the screen stays black.
    It works fin with the older driver (Catalyst 7.1)

17. User61

User61 New Member

First of all, thanks for the great drivers. I have the latest Omega driver, using ATi Mobility X1300 with my Dell Inspiron 6400, XP Pro, 2GB RAM. No previous versions of any drivers (Omega of ATi) existed as this is a new, clean install of XP Pro. Resolution at 1280x800, 60Hz.

My problem is this:

My laptop screen will automatically turn off if I close the lid (I have set Windows XP to 'do nothing' when I close the lid so that my XP will not go into hibernation, sleep or get shut down). I realised that my desktop icons on the right side of my desktop will get displaced about 3 columns to the left whenever I close and reopen the lid. Additionally, the last two rows of icons at the bottom of my screen will get displaced one row to the bottom, so that the last icon will go straight to the top of the next column and the second last icon will become the last icon at the bottom now. My screenshot will provide a better picture. [​IMG]

I got a quick sneak peek when I closed my laptop lid and realised that the screen resolution briefly got changed before it goes off. I guess this is why the icons got displaced. How do I fix this, if it is possible to fix it myself? I didn't have this problem with my previous install of XP Pro on this laptop when I was using the official ATi drivers. I hope I don't have to go back to using them!

18. Dyre Straits

Welcome to DriverHeaven!

This may be related to the output resolution and refresh rates settings you're using. Be sure to reduce the resolution to 1024x768 and 60Hz and then try again. If still having problems, let us know.

We also need to know exactly which TV and connection type you're using.

19. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Hmm, I think it has to do with the Power Saving settings, but as I said in the FAQ, I can't guarantee full functionality on laptops, I only provide a way to install the drivers on them and the tweaks I add are for games, I don't touch anything that has to do with power savings and stuff. Anyway, I think you should wait till next release, I'm already testing a LOT of changes I made for the 7.10, specially a re-write of the laptop settings for better compatibility (but still can't guarantee anything). ;)

20. User61

User61 New Member

When can we expect the next omega release for 7.10? :D I'll weigh that in in my consideration whether to uninstall omega drivers now and install the official version while waiting for the next omega drivers OR patiently wait for it with my current omega drivers in place.