Radeon Omega Drivers for Win 2k/XP/9x/ME (Cat 3.10)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 21, 2003.

1. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Oh crap- So these Omega's don't work well with DXIW? I'll have to wait till I'm done with the game to install I guess.

2. Griffin{XCS}

Griffin{XCS} New Member

Ok sorry for the noob question but, its my first time using these drivers with my new 9800XT. So when I goto install drivers and it gives the option for SOFTMOD 9800SE-Pro does this mean XT version is excluded or I can go ahead and install it.

3. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

4. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Just don't select the options.

5. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

Its not that they don't work too well. Its a tweak that OMEGA uses that causes this to happen in CERTAIN benchmarks and games - EXTREME framerate drop. Well, about 40% or so. It happens with OMEGA 3.9 as well. Try for yourself, I want to know if its only ME. Do this - save the game in a place where you get above 30fps (use FRAPS www.fraps.com). Then, use OMEGA drivers - load the game, DO not move at all, and record your FPS. Then, do the same with original Catalyst drivers - load the game - do not move - record FPS. Post here your findings! You can then try OMEGA drivers AGAIN just to make sure.

6. Ph33zy

Ph33zy New Member

Great news Omega!

Ur drivers don't give me the lock ups whenever i access the ati control panel. Good job! I have 2 additional question however, relating to dual monitor setup.

1)I have an AIW 9700 and a PCI Radeon 9100. I cant initialize the TV app whenever i have my secondary monitor enabled. The last driver that i was able to do this with was the Omega Cats 3.8. 3.9 and 3.10 don't seem to work. I really like the 3.10's as they have the most vibrant 2d colors. Is there any way around this? I already have my 9700 set as my primary with my desktop extended to the 9100. In my bios, the primary vid card is set to agp also. Anyone else have this problem?

2)Am i supposed to see the ATI control panel with d3d/ogl options for my secondary graphics card? With the Omega 3.8's, i had the option to set AA/AF settings but with this set, only the basic windows control panel shows up.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Well, then I would say they don't work well WITH DX IW like I asked-

I didn't think they don't work well with all games, I was only referring to DX IW.

Anyway- Ill try that with fraps and see what happens, By the way- what video card are you using?

8. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

for me these drivers get a rateing of 8 there very very good. dunno what the hell you do omega but congrats my prince of persia gained 8fps LOL and the desktop 2d and IQ and WOW very smooth very fast indeed. ohh one other thing i would have gave them a 9 if the TV out info didnt popup on the screen saying my TV out was enabled lol and i dont even have anything pluged into my tv out hmm

9. ViRuS2k

ohh guys why are you still pluttering about with Dues EX 2 its one but pile of S-H-I-T pardon the phun but it is one crap ported XBOX pish and its not worth worrying about imho bin it lol :)

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Same reason I beat dead horses I guess.

11. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Uh.... Omega... you might want to update your ati news part... and the driver links... as... trying to get them... and it's 2496c drivers..... I'm downloading the 2504 drivers by searching around... and mix matching links.... I'll host the file.... Choas and our servers should provide a fair bit of bandwidth...

12. Judas

BTW... (linkage to Win9x? )

13. Judas

14. Fahim

Fahim New Member

It seems omega drivers are based on old control panel............why not u using the new control panel, omega?????

Last edited: Dec 22, 2003
  15. Judas

...ER... uh... WHY does (when installing the profiler.. or reinstalling) .NET problem error come up... It says i must have .NET framework installed to complete... which then fails... and continues on with the installation of the drivers.... i've no game profiler..... (FIRST i've ever used omega)

16. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Clear your IE cache, the updated pages are there...

Nope, they have the new one, unless I have messed up something, the one I have here is 5072, What version is the new one supposed to be? I got it from the full ATI package.

The profiler requires NET runtime (latest version is 1.1), but that is as far as I know since I'm not the author, I haven't had problems with it thou and no other users have reported it.

17. Fahim

Fahim New Member

I want to mean that there are Direct3D & OpenGL tabs are seperated.....not integrated in 3D Tabs............

18. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

19. ToP3koms

ToP3koms Respect Human Rights

Thanks again Omega ;) Good work ,as usual.

20. ViRuS2k

heh :)

dunno m8 but i realy dont see why people should keep trying to get this game fixed... it has so meny problems on ati cards its unbileavable why it got released in the first place :p

but to name a few

1: AA broken
    2: Glitchy Game play on a 9800 XT and 9800 Pro (good enough reason in its self to bin that bitch) (not the cards lol hell no)
    3: Developers that are stupid in the head for thinking about XBOX before PC and porting shite (thats what some developers are doing laitly to gain more money in the console department us poor PC gamers get left overs and the developers reep the benifits

if you think about it its realy disapointing and pisses me off.... :w00t: :w00t: