Radeon Omega Drivers for Win 2k/XP/9x/ME (Cat 3.10)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 21, 2003.

1. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah, I was saying over here- http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=264229#post264229

"Any game like that - that makes you use a dumb gamepad is moronic-- like all those Console first person shooters you have to control with a gamepad- no mouse/ keyboard option- HOW STUPID is that!?!? When consoles start fully supporting keyboards and mouse I'll be interested, until then they are all just PC video game code wreckers. Death to all consoles! Sorry, just way too many "could have been" great PC games turned into complete crap because of the Xbox and PS2- It's the developers fault, they should do a better job reworking the code, and start thinking about their customers, and less about every red cent they can hord for hookers and beer when they go home."

I'm pretty pissed about it too- Oh well.

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I noticed a slight increase in 3dmark3 and Aquamark scores.

One thing I thought that was very cool about the package was the utlility Artifact Tester 5.
    Allows you to fine tune O/C speeds quite accurately without having to run a complete benchy everytime.

Looking good Omega .. thanks for taking the time bud ;)

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

BTW... go easy on my server.... i haven't checked to see how many it can take...

4. Zulan

Zulan New Member

thanx Omega, :cool:

5. Griffin{XCS}

Griffin{XCS} New Member

Ok let me rephrase my question, What exactly is Softmod over non Softmod?

6. Zulan

Zulan New Member

Softmod let's your 9500 non pro in thinking it is a 9700, which results in higher FPS, higher 3d Mark's, etc., (Doesn't work on all 9500 non pro's though)

7. Game Fan

Game Fan New Member

Thanks for the drivers Omegadrive! :D

8. Trilogy

Trilogy New Member

After scrambling around with mirrors, I finally got them and they work as they should. UT 2003 flyby got faster by 1fps but botmatch got slower by 1. :)
    OpenGl 2.0 seems to work fine (according to the glview) and no stability issues so far. Next I must try KOTOR for AA problems and Vice City if those transparent textures are fixed (ie. some objects are invisible, glasses are invisible in some angles and palm trees doesn't show right image through the leaves.

Thanks for another great set, Omega!

Edit: Vice City doesn't seem to run. If it doesn't run on next boot, bye bye 3.10 and welcome 3.9 :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2003
  9. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Re: Another Mirror

Sorry, I had a corrupt DL here, So I just changed. SHould be fine now.

10. jsx[ifl]

jsx[ifl] DH's Unofficial Hero

Will these omegas drivers allow me to play NWN without problems?

11. Xophile

Xophile New Member

I'm sorry to bother you with this question guys but what really are the Omega Drivers? And the D.N.A drivers, what are those?

If I visit their homepages all they say is that these drivers includes various optimizations et etc but says nothing in detail if you know that I mean.

I tried so search for "Omega" on this forum but gave up very quickly :)

Thanks in advance!!

12. Krathen

Krathen New Member

RadClocker

With the newest Omega drivers will I have to find another way to install rad clocker or will it stay installed and just have a driver update? If I do have to find a new overclocker does anyone know a good one? but good work love the artifact tester I'm having a lot less problems with NWN too.

13. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re: RadClocker

The included Profiler program already has an OC utility. Anyway, you can still keep RadClocker, just do a driver update.

The Omega drivers are just the normal ATI Catalyst drivers, but they include extra optmizations, more resolutions, give the ability to OC non-oc cards and includes soft-mods to open extra pipelines on crippled cards.
    Does that clears it? ;)

Remeber that Vice City causes problems usually when changing drivers, if I remember correctly you have to open the INI file and change the refresh rate to make it run again.

14. Xophile

Xophile New Member

Thanks Omega! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. But it still isn't enough :) (sorry if I'm being a pain if the a**)

I have always been a bit "scared" to install unofficial drivers/patches etc so I would like to know a bit more about those optimizations. Or could you perhaps just give me 5-10 good reasons to choose your drivers on top of ATIs own?

One more thing, do I have the option to choose what to install during the setup or the drivers installs everything (like softmods etc, I don't want that since I have a 9700 Pro)

Also, I haven't been very lucky overclocking my 9700 card and someone told me the drivers have blocked that feature, will your drivers "unlock" this? Thanks a million and merry Christmas!!

15. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

If you want to know if my drivers are safe, look in here, the official ATI statement about my drivers:
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30469&highlight=omega

You have the option to install/remove anything you want during setup, the only thing is that the drivers and control panel are integrated and count as one.

Plus yes, the drivers unlock OC for all cards ;)

16. Judas

17. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

the file is only 23 meg and as far as im aware MS limit your download to 10mbit. 16mb is a high end OC line (160mbit), which costs thousands a month.

18. Xophile

Xophile New Member

hehe, ok - I give up! :) I'll go into safe mode right now and use Driver Cleaner and then I'll try out your drivers :)

19. Judas

says it downloaded in 1 second.... still not sure though..... Anyways... got the net framework in place.... i just overclocked my radeon 9600 np.... the default clocks are 325/200 right? (i've got em at 350/250 right now... solid....no artifacts....

20. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

you have an OC line at home capable of 230 mbit/s ? your name wouldnt happen to be Gates would it? :rofl: