Radeon Omega Drivers for Win 2k/XP/9x/ME (Cat 3.10)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Noldster

Noldster New Member

When i upgraded the former omega drivers to these my computer went slow as hell even after I restarted it a few times.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

sounds like you need to defrag Noldstar

3. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

I´m having problems installing Omegas it seems the drivers where corrupt cuz when i installed them theres a message that some sh*t is missing. WTF??? I download it from DH, did this happened with somebody else? Im gonna download them again tonight. Hope it works this time, i never had problems with Omegas drivers and i hope i dont start having them now....:(

4. Go AvZ

Go AvZ New Member

5. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

Thanks bud.

6. jsx[ifl]

jsx[ifl] DH's Unofficial Hero

the reason i keep posting this issue mac daddy is because ive yet to get an anwer. all im asking is if the drivers will cause conflicts.

7. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

I too also had a corrupt DL, that I than Mirrored on my site. After noticing this, I later re-downloaded it and changed, so there is a good one there now. I dont think this is an issue from Omega, but just some one early on, got a bad DL and some of us that mirror the drivers, got it too.

8. Cyan007

Cyan007 New Member

I've had this problem happen a few other times with Catalyst drivers... but here we go. A few months ago I had a problem playing CS / DoD, my mouse would feel as if it was lagging a big, like it would glide around on me and not be accurate. To fix my previous problem I used the newest Omega Drivers that were out. The same problem just occured again, but this time when I installed the Omega Drivers this time around. I'm probably just going to switch back to the 3.10 Cats. Is there a solution to this problem that I'm missing?

My system specs are just below, it's late so I don't know if I made perfect sense though.

9. Krathen

Krathen New Member

Anyone know where to get rad clocker? I tried a diffrent overclocking utility (vtuner came with my card) and it actually slowed down my graphics card even though it was running "faster" RADclocker has been the only one to actually increase benchmark and true performance.... drop me a line at pawndisc@aol.com if you have any other good overclocking software.
    I uninstalled RADclocker to try the one that came with the profiler and the also Vtuner (the were installed sepratly) RADclocker just seems to work better.

10. boby

boby New Member

u can use powerstrip or 3dprofiler to overclock.when i unistal old omega's i didnt uninstal radclocker,and it stayed there,now i have 3 o/c utilities,powerstrip,radclocker and the new one,3dproof

11. Perconte

Perconte New Member

OK, tomorrow i'll format my HD, and install the Omega 2.4.96c. :bleh:

::EDIT::
    But i'm not happy about that! :annoyed:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2003
  12. gyoung

gyoung New Member

Stretch - Does this help wide screen laptops?

I have a wide screen laptop (ATI 9200, 64mb) with a native resolution of 1280x800. 3d games automatically stretch to fill the screen but look distorted. Are these drivers meant to run on laptops? What does the "stretch" feature do?

13. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Well bro I hope it solves your problems.
    I don't like to see anyone having to resort to reformatting .. best of luck;)

14. ZzzombieBunny

ZzzombieBunny Cake or Death?

NWN seems to work just fine for me (Radeon9500Pro) with these drives.

15. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re: Stretch - Does this help wide screen laptops?

Well, technically speaking, yes, normally speaking, no. You see, ATI makes the drivers for desktop parts, but at the same time they must be compatible with laptops, that way they don't need have two separate teams for different markets, BUT, at the same time they CANNOT release them with laptop support because of some kind of deal they have with laptop companies. That's where I enter, I make them work for laptops, I add the support they can't oficially give. ;)

The stretch feature does exactly that, stretches ANY resolution and fills the whole LCD panel, if you disable stretching, games with a lower resolution than the default one, will have black borders, but will look good.
    BTW, there are two types of stretching, hardware and software. Hardware is done by the laptop's BIOS and looks the worse, while software is done by the drivers and looks a little bit better.

Hope that answers the question. :)

16. jmcmike

jmcmike New Member

Optimizations

Can anyone point me to a web page or thread that actually describes the optimizations that are in the Omega drivers? Everything I read simply implies that they are better because of these nebulous optimizations. So, what are they?

note: I am not being critical, I just want to know.

17. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Well the thing is that if his tweaks were posted on a website then everyone and their dogs would be releasing modified drivers and claiming the work as their own

18. jmcmike

jmcmike New Member

Without being given some clue as to what is actually being done, how can anyone be sure that there is any tangible benefit? Besides, the blurb from the ATI guy lauding the drivers seems to indicate that the modifications are in the form of changes to default drivers settings that are preumably not typically listed in the standard ATI control panel, so I don't see this as being proprietary.

So I ask again, what is the deal?

19. Esaz666

Esaz666 BeardHeaven

DXIW.:eek:
    me too, all we have to do is not buy the games, there's been some shite releases lately
    mainly from ported games, Every game I buy thats ported and doesent run well I just take
    it back.

20. gigatron

gigatron New Member

Well with the omega drivers...... when I play prince of persia sands of times, I get pretty serious graphical problems.

If I leave everything at 'defaults' by reseting, the game is 'fine' .. but of course u know.. not looking that great (better then xbox and the like but hey not PC standard).

If I change antialiasing settings in anyway and go into the game, water GLOWS INSANELY, stuff that glows, glows alot more, near those areas there is no antialiasing on anything and it starts to sorta lag. If I move away from those things and move around a bit it starts antialiasing again... and if I go back its again as if it went down to a lower resolution lol..

I then went defaults again but tried anistropic filtering settings.. and at max settings and quality.. no problems.. but still poor antialiasing...

ALSO, in prince of persia I can't pick 1280x1024 resolution ITS VERY ANOYING.. because the optimal resolution for my LCD is 1280x1024, instead the max I'm allowed to pick is 1280x980... and thats bad.. I mean its quite high but bad for LCD.. since anything but the optimal resolution and you start getting blurry edgy lines and distortion.. its just how LCDs are..

So please if you have any solutions to these two problems.. well I'm dying to know

Also it might be just me... but I think the textures are blurier with your drivers... I mean really blurier... I was quite imperssed by graphics in the game first.. but... I think right now I am playing it and I think the textures are uhm too blury? I have anistropic filtering at 16x... and uhm it doesnt look like af 16x.......... looks slightly better then bilinear filtering.. wtf?

What 'optimizations' are you putting in your drivers?