Radeon Omega Drivers for Win 2k/XP/9x/ME (Cat 3.10)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Some users have experienced the AGP problem, but installing the AGP chipset drivers for their mobo AFTER the drivers seemed to fix it, at least for the 6 people that have E-Mailed me. Try it.

2. gigatron

gigatron New Member

Yeah turning off water effects fixes it up.. however the other issue is picking the 1280x1024 resolution.. I can't its not selectable.. what the hell. :( Long ago this also happened with need for speed porsche unleashed.. just couldn't pick 1280x1024.... not selectable (too many resolutions goes over the list limit?). The max I can pick in prince of persia sands of times is 1280x960 ... and its BOTHERSOME because I have an LCD.. and those that have LCDs should know what I'm talking about.. unecessary distortion, blurriness and pixelation... even if in this case.. minor.. it's anoying to my eyes.. very.. 1280x1024 is the optimal resolution for my screens (17.1" LCD and 18" LCD.. especially the latter bigger)

3. wcoast

wcoast New Member

New omega drivers didnt install control panel

As in the subject line...

And yes I uninstall the CAT3.10 control panel... yada yada yada

Omega did install the desktop control panel icon, but that was it, the icon doesnt link to control panel, cause theres nothing there to link to.

:(
    so sad..

I downloaded the install files twice from different locations, no joy

winxp pro sp1
    8500dv

Gordon

4. NLS

NLS New Member

1) Will those work with the Asus version of 9800XT?

I say this because AFAIK the Asus version of the card uses it's own thermal sensors and I am not sure the Omega can see them and use them. Is there an overdrive option in Omega? (i.e. not only overclock, but also monitor and make it slower back to normal clock if needed)

2) I also have a 9700Pro on my HTPC system. Used only at 800x600 on a TV (no monitor). Do I gain something? I heard it makes the 9700Pro to 9800 (Pro?). So what changes?

3) ...people suggested we read the author's site... well sorry to say, the site is not very informative in what exactly are the extras of the Omega drivers

4) there is no mention in the site anymore about ATI supporting the Omega drivers... any problem with this?

5. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

There used to be a 9700 to 9800 softmod but it is no longer required as the Catalyst drivers have those tweaks built into them now....

Omega's drivers are modified by him for increased IQ and game compatability......as well as extending the ability of laptop users to get the latest and greatest drivers.

I don't think ATI officially supports Omega's drivers...... however Omega is an official ATI Beta tester and they do support his work in an unofficial manner....and they work with him on the development of his releases

Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  6. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

actually they ATI support OmegaDrive unofficially ;)

7. Yard Waste

Yard Waste Lost In Space

Actually, M$ is dropping support for 98and ME! You will see many companies, devs, etc. doing the same. New games will be XP/2000 compatible only ( FarCryfor example). So I would anticipate those that make drivers will be doing the same over the next few months.

8. ToranagaSama

ToranagaSama New Member

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, that's sounds sensical, I'll give it a try and advise.

9. ToranagaSama

ToranagaSama New Member

Yes!!! THANK YOU, again. I went to via, got the latest, Dec. 2003, drivers and whalla! Gosh, it was driving me nuts. I dunnaknow, I probably shoudda thought of it myself, but, maybe this s/b added to the Readme.

Anyway, thank you again for EVERYTHING.

10. nheimler

nheimler New Member

Monitor Issues After Installing

After installing the new Omega Cat 3.10 driver after a couple of hours the bottom half of my monitor starts acting all weird. It's like it is having an issue with the refresh rate settings for some reason. I have a 9500Pro. I installed both the softmod driver and the nonsoftmodded driver and it does this in both cases. I'm going back to the 3.9s until someone has a fix for this. So far the drivers work great for my laptop though, so I'm happy with that. Just trying to figure out my main home rig and what it's deal is. My monitor btw is a MAG 19" monitor. I forget the model number, too big to get around without knocking over everything piled up on my desk :), but it is a newer model as I've only had it for nor more than a year now. I'm not using any refresh rate that I know is not compatible with this monitor.

11. Doofer

Doofer New Member

wait wait wait... I thought WinME was the gamers choice!!??

*pounds fists on ground*

nooooo I wasted that 100$ on a worthless coaster of a cd!

12. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

Omega, i have to make a request. Please bring back Radlinker. I dislike the OC tool in the 3dprofiler. It doesn't keep the settings.
    Thank you for the great work. Your drivers have done wonders on Halo for PC.

ZD

13. jmcmike

jmcmike New Member

Re: New omega drivers didnt install control panel

So nothing happens when you double click on the desktop icon? It should bring up the display properties and take you to the ATI settings. From there you can check the box to have the taskbar icon show up.

There is no stand-alone ATI/Omega icon in the control panel, this is all a subset of the Display properties.

14. gigatron

gigatron New Member

GROAR THIS IS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF NOW :x :dead:

Three games, prince of persia sands of time, need for speed porsche unleashed (even if its ancient), and now star wars knights of the old republic.. I CANT PICK 1280x1024 for the games!! WTH? It's pissing me off cause 1280x960 sucks ass cause it starts being distorted/blurish... I have LCD monitors around my house and thats like.. hell... unless you run at optimal resolution which is 1280x1024.... :( I MUST find a solution to this.. I want to run the games at 1280x1024 not 1280x960... urgh..

15. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Take it easy, just ask and you should be served ;)
    To remove the extra resolutions (low ones) take these steps:
    1. Go to the folder the drivers where extracted and open the INF file corresponsing to you OS (CX_RAD_OMEGA.inf if you are using XP)

2. Look for the following line:
    ;--== New Video Modes Added ==--

3. After that block just add this line (one straight line, the forum compresses it):
    HKR,, DALRestrictedModesBCD, %REG_BINARY%,07,20,04,80,00,00,00,00,07,20,05,76,00,00,00,00,09,60,07,20,00,00,00,00,12,00,09,00,00,00,00

4. Save the file and re-install the drivers using SETUP.

5. Enjoy!

16. kbleft

kbleft New Member

What does the stretch screen option for LCD monitors do? Does it only make a smaller image bigger?

I ask because it would also be useful to force 3D games to display at a lower resolution surrounded by a black border to match the native resolution of the display. That way, games won't be distorted on LCD monitors that automatically stretch images to fit 1280x1024 resolution.

(p.s.: Yes, I asked this before, but my question got drowned out by endless excited replies of "oh yeah, 4 kb/s joo roxor!" God, I hate these unified comment/question threads.)

17. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Well said and they do;)
    As we have seen ATI is the one and only Graphics Company that allows this;)
    Feedback from both sides allow better driver sets for the end User:drool:
    Wow back to Non-Official releases here .. Since last June this is the first time I have ran official releases for more than 48 hours .. Was fun .. Now back to work:evil:

I found Radlinker in my options .. hmm maybe we install things differently ;)

18. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

well, as u can c in the readme for omega 3.10 release (if u sometimes want to read it ;)), you can see omega HAD to take radlinker out cauze radlinker's author asked him to do. So unless u can convince radlinker's author to let omega use the program on his package the best option for you is to download radlinker alone sowwy bout that =/

BTW someone correct me if Im wrong =P

19. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Nope no correction needed .. some light reading might be desireable ^^

20. Jerry Jenko

Jerry Jenko New Member

You ppl really need to protect from dl managers, I'm stealling so much bandwith with FalshGet :x