Radeon Omega Drivers for Win9x/ME/2k/XP (Cat 3.8)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Oct 9, 2003.

1. LadFromWales85

LadFromWales85 New Member

Yeah I cleaned all remnents of old ATi drivers with drivercleaner, I think I said I did that earlier :)

Since it works fine with the Cats 3.8's, I am guessing it is a problem with the hacked driver...I have not yet tried the standard Omega driver.

2. scaramonga

scaramonga New Member

Installed an workin brillz...................fanx!!!!!

2064 more points in Aquamark so far :D

3. Scalpel

Scalpel New Member

I installed the Omega 3.8s over older 3.7s (I removed the basic stuff from Add/Remove programs). OS: WinXP SP1, card: Radeon 9800Pro.

After the installation, I got _four_ "Default" displays listed under "Monitors" in Device Manager. So both my "primary" (Nokia 446Xpro) and secondary (tv-out) displays were "doubled". I updated the primary displays with Nokia drivers, but I could not get higher resolution than 1024x768 and I the monitor refresh rate combobox listed only 43Hz interlaced and 60Hz frequencies).

I tried uninstalling and cleaning with RadClean plus deleting any "extra" Default display entries from the registry but still I got four displays and the Omega drivers would not go higher than the mentioned settings.

Catalyst 3.8 installed quite ok and gave me all the settings I could need. Still have four monitors listed under Device Manager, tho... :confused:

Any ideas on what might cause this "doubling" and how to get rid of it?

4. swift1

swift1 New Member

Installed the new Omega 3.8's. I now can't run over 1024x768 with the TV-Out on, the slider only shows upto 1024x768. If i turn TV-Out off i get all the resolutions back. What used to happen with the older Omega drivers was that you enabled the TV-Out display your resolution would drop down to 1024x768 while it still indicated you were running at say 1856x1492 in my case. You would then slide it away from that then back to 1856x1492 so the apply icon would pop back up. You would then apply the resolution again and then fix the refresh rate.

With this update it's not doing this. Just says that resolution is not available and the slider refreshes to not go beyond 1024. So no TV-Out for me now and i really wanted to give the overscan option a go. It's a feature i've been hoping for for a while.

Can't the drivers be made to just stay at your resolution when the tv-out was enabled instead of doing all this stuffing around?

Any help would be appreciated Omegadrive

5. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

I'm still investigating what happened, maybe was one of the tweaks I changed or ATI changed something internally and one of my previous tweaks no longer work.

6. megatron

megatron New Member

I first installed omegadrive's release and tried Halo from Microsoft. It complained about something and pointed me to run dxdiag. Dixdiag tells me I am using an unsigned driver (which I agreed to in the install). Therefore I had no choice but to use ATI's release. Any work around? Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

7. Wounded Paw

Wounded Paw Crust-grind-punk bastard

I've also got the doubling of displays problem. On both my work computer and my home machine I have two monitors running (work is a 9000, home is 9700 pro) and on both machines after the install there is 2 entries each for the monitors making a total of 4 monitors (on each computer). I'm not sure if this causes any real problems but even so...
    Also on my work machine with the Radeon 9000, all textures disappeared in the Call Of Duty demo making it look like a war on the north pole.:uhoh:

8. Wounded Paw

Wounded Paw Crust-grind-punk bastard

And the other thing about having two displays running with the Omega drivers is the 3D tab in the control panel is renamed OpenGL but doesn't actually work. You can't change custom settings for D3D or OpenGL. If you disable one display then it goes back to normal and works properly but that's pretty annoying.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  9. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

I too get an odd number of monitors installed even though im on a laptop :eek:

add to that the fact that when I try to play halo at 1024x768 (yes my laptop will do it at 30FPS or higher ;) ) I get a bluescreen of death (so much for VPU recover....at least in the Omega's at this point)

Oh and is the WMV accel only supposed to show up on 9500 and higher cards? because my M9 isnt showing it at all as one of the options hmm :bleh:

Anyways I wanted to PM ya Omega but you werent on so Im just posting it ;)

First time using Omega Drivers

Hopefully I can mod the 3.8's enough to work on my laptop as is

10. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

The WMV acceleration is internal, there is no option to turn it off (yet), as for the multiple monitors, I have been having that problem for a while and I haven't found the cause yet, I will have to install another monitor and try to fix it for next set...

11. mtman

mtman New Member

ouestion for omega

Do the 3.8's have the 9500 hacked softmod driver's on win98 version?
    thank's

12. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

aight :)

the one thing I have found though is the Halo problem happens with the normal 3.8's as well :(

but it has be a certain way for it to happen

once youre in the game playing if you change the res to 1024x768 and turn on Vsync when it saves the settings poof a big old blue screen of death

so much for ATi's much touted VPU recover utility eh?

13. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

well omega looks like im reverting back to the 3.8 Offical drivers... the only problem im haveing with your set and i wish i didnt have to say i was going back but i just cant help it..... with your set i can only pick 60hz as the maximum refresh rate on my monitor with the offical 3.8 drivers i was up at 180hz refresh rate so untill this is fixed i have no choice but to go back sorry.... :/

14. Kezz

Kezz New Member

Did you try installing your monitor drivers? I had the same problems first until I installed mine (Samsung SyncMaster). Worked out fine after that.

15. ViRuS2k

erm i have a slight problem Kezz i dont even know what my monitor is lol on the front it says CTX Colour Monitor i dont even know the make or model :/ is there way to find out ? you may be able to help me find drivers all i ever used was the drivers that came with all os`s LOL i have never installed a monitor driver for my system in 5 years lol

16. Kezz

Kezz New Member

http://www.ctxeurope.com/mainfrontpage.asp

Check it out. They're offering various kind of drivers here (Support/Downloads/CRT). Try some :)

17. ViRuS2k

well m8 i got the model number from the back of the monitor lol the monitor i have is a CTX 1769SE i installed the drivers rebooted and the only thing that has changed is in the control pannel the HIDE MODES THAT THIS MONITOR CANT DISPLAY is highlighted i can untick and tick that box now where as befour it was grayed out..... though when unticked it still only gives me 3 choices of refresh rate :( 43hz and 47hz interlaced , and 60hz :/ so all i can put it down to is the OMEGA drivers are screwed up..... becuse the offical drivers didnt give me this much hassle lol anyway by the time you read this i will be back useing offical.... I CANT WAIT FOR THE OMEGA`s to get FIXED. ASAP :)

18. Chert

Chert New Member

i'm getting game crashes with the Omega 3.8s in CMR3... other D3D/OGL games run flawlessly with it.... anyone experiencing the same thing?

my card is an ATI Radeon 9700pro...

19. lordtoran

lordtoran New Member

I have the "Black Screen" problem too ... Installed the Omega 3.8's over the 3.7's with the 9700->9800 softmod option. Most games show a black screen now, although they still continue to run, and sometimes they simply freeze randomly (Tomb Raider: AOD, Mercedes Benz World Racing). SimCity 4 freezes with display corruption on startup. OpenGL games aren't affected (Serious Sam 2, Alice).

Playing with VPU Recover didn't help, sadly.

I solely use the Omega's since the 3.4's, BTW. Never had an issue with the previous ones.

20. Otara

Otara New Member

cant cahnge direct3d

Get similar to an earlier post, when I try to access the custom option for direct 3d nothing happens.