Radeon Omega Drivers for Win9x/ME/2k/XP (Cat 3.8)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Oct 9, 2003.

1. CynicalSaint

CynicalSaint New Member

Alright, here is my question:

I don't see this option?

Also, in Display Properties>Advanced>Monitor
    It only shows 60 Hertz. I know for a fact that I always selected 75 Hertz.
    However, it seems my desktop is on 75 Hertz, although I may be mistaken. Anyone know anything about this?

And yes, I'm using WinXP and Omega 3.8s.

2. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 New Member

Omega 3.8

well done - oh master of quality *slime,slurp* (i hope no one understands this ironic)

i'm really happy with the new ones - but i don't see any arguments why to upgrade from 3.7 to 3.8!
    it doesn't matter if you would upgrate the original catalyst drivers or the omegas, i can't see any differenz between the "old" and the "new" driver - the IQ is slightly better, sure, but there is no increase or decrease of speed (i guess that is what most people expected - even if they always deny it)

so, what about the "super catalysts"?
    they are stable (to me) they are fast (to me) they include a lot of useless stuff (smartshader - lol) but they are not what i expected them to be - the catalysts (or omegas) that kick a** - they are quite the same than the 3.7, the 3.6 and so on.

you really made a good job - but, is there any way of kickin' the frames any higher, without IQ loss?
    although you recommend not to use any other tweaker i played around a little bit with the "rage 3d tweaker v. 3.9" and i got on average 1 - 5 fps more (not worth talking about it :rolleyes:) so - am i right, if i think, that i don't have to expect any more speed increase in future omegas?

but nevertheless, your new drivers are A LOT better than the original catalysts, as they are more stable (everything works great) and the IQ is GREAT!!! - so thank you for this ones, but if there is any way to make them faster, please try to implement it - because all of the LAN-gamers out there would LOVE you for that (LAN = framerate is life in 3d-action)

so keep up the good work - never had problems with your drivers and, believe me, i know what a HUGE favour your work means for all of us!

3. stevvie

stevvie New Member

I also got the black screen whilst the games play happily in the background(TRAOD, and Outlaw Golf). Gone back to ATI 3.8's and all is well. Also Halo seems smoother with the official 3.8cat's, Totally the oposite to the Cat3.7's&Omega3.7's as the omega's were smoother in halo.

4. BMG_Cya=-

BMG_Cya=- Banned

Seems these drivers, both the Cat 3.8's and Omegas, were all about added features, instead of performance increases. Is this correct? From what I can tell these "features" aren't all that, either.
    Wonder when the 3.9's will be out...maybe they'll have these features working properly.

I have to say that by reading the comments here and over at Rage, I'm a bit disappointed.:sleep:

5. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I am having troubles with Tiger Woods 2004 Hardlocking after 3-4 holes with Omega latest on a Sapphire 9700 Pro AIW any ideas

6. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

7. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

what 'bout IQ and performance?? it is any better than 3.8??

8. Omegadrive

They seem to me to be of the same quality, peformance seems lower, but they fix more bugs.

9. oj213

oj213 L.A Pimpin!

Anyone else having multiple monitors show up after installing these? I now have 4 showing up. I tried removing the omega's, then using driver cleaner 2. Installed ATi Cat 3.8's but problem persists. Any help is much appreciated. :confused: Other than that drivers worked well.

10. Omegadrive

That's a known bug, the Dell set cures that problem, install the 2.4.69b and you will be ok.

11. oj213

oj213 L.A Pimpin!

So that is a known bug with Original Cat 3.8 as well? :eek: Had me going nuts! :dead: