Radeon Omega Drivers v2.4.78 for Win 2k/XP

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Sep 8, 2003.

1. ryan328

ryan328 New Member

lastest driver 2.4.78a, ati taskbar icon is on by default again:eek: :eek: :eek:

2. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

and? just disable it from ATIO CP :p

3. LadFromWales85

LadFromWales85 New Member

2.4.78a :confused:

Is that newer than the 2.4.78's that I got? And what difference is there?

4. Tyrant

Tyrant New Member

What's New? (2.4.78a)
    * Fixed the 9800 SE "not recognized" problem. (2k/XP)
    * Fixed the missing Mobility Cards. (2k/XP)
    * Added a new intro to the ATI drivers installation. (2k/XP)
    * Disabled 32Bit Z buffer by default in D3D for low end cards (if you need it you can enable it anytime in the ATI CP). (2k/XP)
    * Added the Moded driver for 9800SE cards.

5. LadFromWales85

LadFromWales85 New Member

Nothin of any use to me with a 9700Pro then :)

I will upgrade next time I reinstall windows, since my nForce IDE drivers stop me using CD Mate also :(

6. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Yes, I enabled it again because I have something cool coming up for my next set based on the Cat 3.8 :eek: ;)
    (Also because I wanted to test if the icon was the reason the hotkeys where not working on my drivers)

7. Desert_Siege

Desert_Siege Professional Slacker

Best set yet. Got me 600 points in 3Dmark 2k1 and 90 in 2k3 and IQ is good as ever. And to answer the hotkey thing, they seem to work for me now, so maybe that is it. They would not work in any of the previous releases, but seem to work now.
    Thanks Omega.

[EDIT] These drivers put me 7th on the list with a 9700 Pro and a processor 2200Mhz and lower in 2K1. Great job Omega! [/EDIT]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  8. BWX

BWX get out and ride

600pts. compared to what? Regular ATI drivers?

9. Desert_Siege

Etch a Sketch screen redraw after installing drivers...

I think I may have found the cause, but not sure how to fix it. I know I am not the only one that has experienced this, but after installing drivers and restarting, your desktop is basically so slow it feels like its being drawn by etch a sketch. I experienced this when upgrading to Omega's latest set and it lasted almost 10 minutes before my monitor flickered a couple of times, went blank and came back on and all was well. I am almost positive that it is being caused by SmartGart not completing and not terminating either. The last time this happened (when upgrading to 3.7 ATI), it took 5 reboots and finally had to let it just sit for almost 30 minutes and it finally completed. Is there any way to stop this from happening. It seems like it disables pretty much everything until it completes, but once it does, all is well. I could be wrong, but I am almost positive the problem lies with SmartGart. Never encountered this until 2.45 Nforce drivers. I downgraded to 3.4 yesterday to test something, and the same thing happened again, but only lasted about 5 minutes before it flickered and came back on and all was well. Doesn't seem to be related to 3.7's, but SmartGart doesn't appear to cooperated with 2.45 Nforce drivers on my system for some reason.

Oh well, it was just an idea and it seems to work fine now, just annoying knowing that every time I change drivers, I will have to go through this, but at least I know eventually it will fix itself...heh.:sigh:

10. Desert_Siege

Best 2k1 score I ever got was on 3.4's. This set topped that with all other hardware the same (I just benched the 3.4's last night at 17481 and actually had switched back to them for speed). The best I could muster with official 3.7's was 16785, so compared to the official driver, these were 1300 points better.

11. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

This is a known issue with ATI and its SmartGart. I have written a guide, this being the best way to do it, works flawlessly everytime.

Studdering Graphics **Fixxed**

Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  12. Desert_Siege

THANKS!

Man, where were you when no one else could answer why it was happening...lol I will remember that and thanks for the info. I had assumed it was SmartGart and I believe your correct in assuming its Nforce driver related too...heh. I never had this problem until I upgraded to the 2.45's, but the next time I will follow your advice. Thx for the info.

13. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Sorry, to busy to watch all forums (work 2, own 1)(used to be more too)

Anyway, this has curred this issue for me and I recommend it to all. Just makes for a good install the first time.

I did just edit my original post there, to now read that it also includes Intel based mobo's. So not NV's fault.

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I just got an NF7 last week, and I get that error message after the first reboot after a fresh install of the ATI drivers. I've been testing and noticed some stuttering in some places on some games. But I ran Smartgart once after I installed them, then let it stay on in services- Maybe I'll reinstall the Omegas and try again.

15. feitz

feitz New Member

for the v2.4.78a omega driver, is there a 9800se->9800pro selection? or do i choose btw 9500->9700 or 9700->9800 drivers?

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Now there is a 9800se option, I just saw it when I installed them an hour ago.

17. feitz

feitz New Member

thanx a lot! :D

18. KTy

KTy New Member

IGP345M recognize as a 340M

ok.... I know, it's such a crap video card, but it is included in all the latest compaq and hp laptop...
    So, it seems that whenever I install the latest omega driver, my IGP 345M is recognize as an IGP 340M... I don't even know if it has an impact in performance...:)
    normal ? weird ?

19. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re: IGP345M recognize as a 340M

That's normal, as the 340 and 345 hardware ID numbers are the same, that's why I only included one entry in my drivers, and now it should be recognized as an IGP 34x with the "a" set.

As for the SmartGart startup problem when installing the drivers, I do have the pause you mention every time I install the drivers, but I just wait for the display to reset itself before touching the PC, and that is about 30 seconds after the desktop comes up.
    Remeber, that startup programs take their order when starting the PC and if you have MANY startup programs (like the icons on your system tray), this will delay the Smartgart startup process.

20. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned