Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.53 (Cat 5.7)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 26, 2005.

1. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

keep up the nice work omega.

2. crellion

crellion New Member

Great work Omega as usual...

One thing though, I cant seem to access the ATI 3D Control Panel... I have MR 9700, and when I click on the shortcut - nothing happens! Did I do something wrong?:sigh:

3. ktrain

ktrain DriverHeaven Reader

i had some serious trouble with HL2 and mods with this set and radclocker 2.0.33, rollback to O2.5.97 cured it, going to try the drivercleaner and install them again...

4. ktrain

ok it works this time prior to radclocker, gonna install it and see what happens

5. X-Calibur

X-Calibur New Member

manual install

After spending 3hrs on the phone with ATI C.C. nothing seemed to have worked out regarding my problem in the above post, but I found that manually installing the new Catalyst drivers works with FastWrite off in the bios settings. (I got a Radeon 9600 Pro). Now that I have some drivers installed, I was wondering if it'd be possible to manual install the Omega drivers. I tried it before but I ended up with a bunch of missing files so that didnt work out well, I was wondering if it'd work if I search for the missing files from the Cat 5.7 install folder?

6. Thorbin

Thorbin New Member

I have been using Omega's drivers for nearly a year, now. I have, however, run into 2 problems with the new Catalyst 5.7 based drivers:

1) Most of the time, the Windows XP boot screen is a garbled mess, since I installed these drivers. I have yet to notice any glitches when using standard 2D apps, so this may not be a big deal. :sigh:

2) THis problem is a bit more serious. I still play Morrowind. For the most part, these drivers are the same, or better, than the previous Omega driver pack. I have noticed, with this new driver, after about an hour, the game will start hesitating. Maybe fifteen minutes after that, the screen becomes an indecipherable mess. I am forced to reboot my PC, mainly because the corruption was so bad, I could not see Morrowind's Root menu.:duh:

I am using ATI Tray Tools, at the same time, so it may be one of its tweaks that is the cause.

I am open to suggestions on how to fix the latter problem. Are there any Direct3D tweaks in ATI Tray Tools, which should not be turned on?

My rig:

ATI All in Wonder Radeon 9700pro
    AMD Athlon-XP 2600+ Barton Core
    1024 GB DDR memory
    250 gb hard drive
    40 gb hard drive
    MSI Delta-ILSR Nforce2 motherboard

7. ktrain

my problem turned out to be that i changed the w buffer from disabled to default in radlinker, 9600 mobility 32 mb

all is well now, best performing o's yet, ty

8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

The corruption sounds like an overheating problem.

How long since you checked the fans and cleaned the dust from inside the computer and around the PSU? And, be sure to check the fan on the video card.

I'd suggest running with the side cover off the case...at least temporarily....and maybe place a small fan where it can blow toward the video card.

If the corruption ends, then you know things are getting too hot.

You don't mention whether you're doing any overclocking. If so, make sure everything is at the default speeds. This includes making sure that your video card memory and core speeds are being correctly detected by the ATT. If you think it might be pushing your card too high, use the overclocker to reduce the speeds a bit and test it.

I found, for whatever reason, most apps were detecting my 9600 Pro as having higher speeds than the actual 'true' speeds of the memory and core.

9. kanko

kanko New Member

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=78228
    welcome to the club...

10. Ulric

Ulric New Member

Okay, I have a question for you guys. If I switch to the Ultra Quality profile, do I have to set it up to run this profile at startup or does it "remember" which profile to use when I shut down my PC? I want to keep this UQ profile as my default.

11. Thorbin

Thorbin New Member

TO be honest, I have never overclocked any of my video cards. I will check the system fans. I do have the side cover off at the moment, due to a possibly unrelated issue (my system's primary hard drive failed a few weeks ago).

12. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Just installed the Omegadrive set 5.7 (ver 2.6.53). For particulars on my previous driver and installation procedure see this thread...

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=80142&page=2

So far they're great - Thanks again Omegadrive!

I was a little leary considering the problem that Dyre ran into with the ATT driver ( I never did set it to start with Windows for the 5.6 or 5.7 sets by the way...) when moving from the Omega 5.6 to 5.7 - that's why I paid extra attention and uninstalled the ATI Tray Tools as a first step - but I had also actually been doing an uninstall of ChrisW's Radlinker/Radclocker as a first step as well in the previous Omega driverset upgrades - without the regedit step though...

I haven't used anything to overclock my card or change any settings (other than the in game autodetect card feature this time 'round) during the last two driverset changes (Omega 5.6 - 5.7) Changing some settings might be causing some of these problems... I'll be trying other games (UT2004, Serious Sam Second Edition) in the coming week and if I see any problems like what y'all are seeing here I'll let you know...

13. SexPistoL

SexPistoL New Member

Over the last couple of months, I have experimented with most of the moded Radeon drivers. I have been using each set a couple of weeks, so I could make an honest and objective assessment of each. In my opinion all were good and stable in my system. I found the Unian 5.6 the best, until now. I have only been using the Radeon Omega 5.7 for a day and ran 3DMark05 numberous times. My system has not locked up and is totaly stable even on my OC.

The Image quality I have experienced thus far is superb. The clarity whilst playing games has improved immensely and runs very smooth. This is the first time I have used the Omega's! I am sure it wont be the last.

Expect an extra xmas card this year.......Thx alot :)

14. wilflare

wilflare New Member

Just a question.
    Is it worth going thru the hassle of uinstalling the Cat5.7 and CCC to install the Omegas?

The Cat5.7 is working fine on my PC, wondering if anything else can provide better performance, IQ and faster startups. ^^

15. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

First of all, I really like what Omega does with the driver sets. I've been using his drivers now for years.

But, between the CCC and the ATI TOOL TRAY, I'll take the ATT any day.

16. [ACX]GHost

[ACX]GHost New Member

Hey Omega.

Got these installed on two rigs now. Love them. Very good work, ThankYou!

I am reinstalling my Laptop and attempted to use them here as well, but they would now install. Went back to the Omega 4.12's, as the 5.6 and 5.7's wont install.

HP laptop with ATI mobile IGP ---> "RADEON IGP 34xM (Omega 2.5.97a)" = ati2mtag_RS200M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4337"

The INF's seemed to be correct, so I'm guessing this is something ATI need to work on. Anyway, just thought I would note this, in hopes the next set will support, if at all possible.

Thanks again!

17. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Definitely worth it- I never even use the regular cats and CCC at all any more- I wait for Omegas.. The new sets with ATT are sweet too, they work perfect and games are just smoother and faster than w/ regular cats (at least for me).

18. wilflare

wilflare New Member

thnaks for the replies. guess i would give it a try.
    do i have to uninstall my Cat5.7 and CCC and then use DriverCleaner?
    Or would just a simple uninstall would do?

19. nan0tim

nan0tim New Member

3DMark05 15/05-05 - Radeon 9700 Pro @ 364,5/337,5 - 2163 points - Omega Catalyst 5.4
    3DMark05 02/08-05 - Radeon 9700 PRo @ 364,5/337,5 - 2472 points - Omega Catalyst 5.7

The numbers say it all..

BTW my brother's computer got a problem with the drivers.. He has an AMD 2800+ with a Radeon 9600 XT and after he installed these drivers his computer reboots when he clicks "Advanced" under "Settings" under the "Display" options... Don't really understand why, it happens every time he pushes that button.

BTW2 after I installed these drivers I've gotten a yellow-colored FPS number in the top right corner... It turns red when it drops under 30 (I think!?) and only appears in fullscreen applications and games (ex. 3dMark05 & Counter-Strike).
    How to remove this?

Otherwise, way to go Omega! You're my hero!

20. Widkidone

Widkidone New Member

Well i have not installed Omegas in a while now. Right now i am using Cat 5.7. I have a X850XT AGP 256mb would it be better than the Cat 5.7?