Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.58 (Cat 4.7)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Lamborghini

Lamborghini New Member

hello, im Fabrizio From rome :)

i have installed the catalyst 4.7 powered by ati...
    now i wish install the omega ..this famous tweaked unofficial drivers..

i must keep the default settings or not to improve the quality?

with the official 4.7 i have actived the trueform, anisotropic e antialias by app.. and texture quality

but which is the best quality settings for this Omega Drivers drivers ? ??????????

im waiting

2. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

All the control panel features that you have enabled are also available in Omega's drivers. I wonder if you should try turning trueform off since very few things actually use the feature

3. Bouse

Bouse New Member

the video playback problem with the mobility radeon seems to be gone with the new doom3 beta drivers..
    so thats good news :)

4. highkick

highkick New Member

With the latest Omegas installed (v2.5.58), when I set up a Radlink(using the Omega version) to overclock my ATI 9600Pro, the computer will not reset the clock on exit from DOOM3. It stays overclocked, unless I reboot the computer. "Reset Clocks on Exit" is set to "Previous Settings" and "Enable Clock Rate Change" is checked. Please note that I uninstalled everything, including the old version of Radlinker, and used Driver Cleaner 1.3 per the instructions prior to installing the latest Omegas (based on CAT 4.7).

Everything else works great.

I'd also like to mention that Doom3 is running great at 800x600 "High Quality" settings with everything turned ON; except AA is off and I modified to only use 2xAF (Doomconfig file). I also increased the Cachemegs to 128. Doom3 works on my 9600Pro at these settings without any slowdowns or graphical corruption whatsoever at 423 core/307.8 mem and 446.4 core/318.6 mem (default is 400 core/ 300 mem).

I'm running WindowsXP with a P4 2.8 conservatively overclocked to 3.04Ghz on a ASUS P4P800Deluxe motherboard with 1GB of DDR Ram clocked at 435Mhz (Turbo mode and aperture size of 128MB). I'm also using a 10,000 rpm 74Gb Raptor drive, which I assume only helps with the speed at which the game loads. Hope the Doom3 info helps those 9600Pro/9600XT owners wanting to use "High Quality" mode.

Thanks in advance for the help with respect to my overclocked ATI card not resetting on exit from a game. :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  5. zerra

zerra Bikini Bottom Member

hi,

yesterday I replaced my old 9800 pro against a x800 pro.
    now my question:
    should I install the 4,9 beta catas or take the (old) omega drivers (works great on my old 9800 pro) nevertheless or have to wait for the 4,8 catas?

the 4,9 is allegedly up to 10% more performance on newer cards like the x800 pro/xt (just read it)....
    is here anyone with an x800 pro card which used/test the omegas or 4.9 betas and can post some results?

thanx

6. Redstone

Redstone CEO Vandelay Industries

Well this is the first driver upgrade I've done since omega's version of Cat 3.4 which I had been using for over a year. Very nice image. I noticed the 2D desktop looks very good with this driver set.
    Thanks Omega

7. darknessplayboy

darknessplayboy New Member

Will the next omega driver for 4.8 will have powerplay options enable by default? I would really love it if someone can tell me how to enable powerplay in the drivers for it to show the tab in the control panel.

8. MEABeemer

MEABeemer C-Groove StreetFighter

Guess who's back!!!

Yo Omega!
    How are ya?!
    Long time no read!

I have a question, or a request actually...

I see everywhere on the net that de OpenGL driver in the ATi Catalyst 4.9 is much faster than the previous ones.

Could you please implement this one driver in your next package? (wether it's based on the 4.8's or 4.9's)

Thanx!

9. Spl

Spl New Member

TV-out problems with overscan

I've got a problem with TV out using all omega drivers released after version 2.5.36b.
    When I select the overscan feature, the image on the TV shifts up instead of going into overscan.
    I tried this on my dell laptop (Mobility 7500), my main system (P4-3Ghz with an 9800Pro) and another dell 3Ghz system with an ATI 9800Pro and various Omega drivers installed.
    All systems shift the image up instead of overscanning when I activate overscan.
    When I install the ATI Catalyst 4.8 reference driver overscanning is working flawlessly...

Does anybody else have this when turning on the overscan feature using omegadrivers?

10. d0z3y

d0z3y New Member

Mobility 9600 & video playback

Hi
    I have a mobility 9600 and have just reinstalled windows SP1.

- When using the latest omega drivers playing any video doesn't work (sound and only first couple of frames of video).

- If you kill that process the PC locks up.

- If you start a second process (e.g. zoomplayer), then that process CAN successfully play the movie. As soon as you kill the first process the PC locks up.

I have tried the official Radeon Doom3 beta drivers and the same thing happens.

Hope this helps.