Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.58 (Cat 4.7)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Inglo

Inglo New Member

ATI Temporal AA Switch

Radlinker apparently allows you to set temporal AA on or off depending on the individual game's radlink's settings. Is this setting at odds with the ATI Temporal AA Switch applet?
    Will a radlink with temporal AA enabled work if the applet has disabled temporal AA?

The question for me, is I suppose, academic. I'm far too confused by what temporal AA really does and will probably just leave it disabled. It would seem to me to be more useful for games that don't perform that well (like FarCry where I'm happily getting ~48 fps at 1024x768) yet you have to be getting a minimum of 60 fps for it to kick in.

Love the drivers.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

my 3dmark score is 3712 my omegas ones where 3715 4.6 about avg lol I'm very please with this drivers Omega great job :)

3. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re: ATI Temporal AA Switch

The Radlinks will ALWAYS override any settings (as long as "Mode Change" is selected) , no matter what application sets them.
    Also, TAA works best when used with games that perform at more than 60FPS.

4. Nookie

Nookie New Member

Something's wrong with ur Cat 4.7 installation.

5. Ledenriv

Ledenriv New Member

Compatibility

Hello, i want to know if this set of omega's drivers can work with my IGP 345M, because the last i tried, they didn't work very well, the games were runing slow. thanks for your help

6. Labula

Labula New Member

Man the whole 4.7 is horrible. Back to 4.6 till 4.8 Hopefully ATI will fix the problems.

7. mcbacker

mcbacker New Member

What problems are u talking about? Low score? Bad image quality?

No problems here...

[]'s

MC

8. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

MAJOR ISSUES HERE

My screen was upside down and backwards after the "ATI Smart" service was run. For a brief second after reboot, the screen came up correct, but then SMART ran and POW, everything was backwards and upside down, same time.

I was able to slowly navigate thru Vid control Panel and found the "ROTATION" was preset to 180*. But even after setting manuely to "STANDARD" and hitting Apply. It didnt reset to a normal (standard) screen. I than rebooted and still upside down. I made a few more attempts at adjusting this, but then just uninstalled.

Prior to this I have the Omega 4.6's. This install of WinXP pro, is only about a month old. Other than vid driver probs, I have no issue.

Some one got an answer as to why this is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next: I am really pissed with ATI as they still havnet fixxed the damn GAMA bug that has plagued me for MONTHS not. I originally thought it was my monitor so I threw it out and got a new one. BAMM, wasnt the monitor. So than was getting ready to RMA the vid card, but than turned out to be the drivers.

It nice for ATI to have these drivers all staged for us. Give the FEELING of good support, but to hold back fixxes for known issues, just to keep with a set schedule is not acceptable. This GAMA bug for one I HATE and bothers me so. I trashed a perfect monitor cause of it, which if we include gas to go buy it, I lost over $250 on this issue, plus additional eye strain. We also got a known issue with Thief 3, but that fix wont be out till next month. Why not just fix it now guys ???

So who here can tell me what the BEST Omega version is, prior to the GAMA bug. I'm sure that the added performance of the newer drivers from ATI/Omega would be nice, but to have a BUGGY add POS vid card (due to drivers) is not what I want !!!!

Help me out, best, smoothest performance, pre-GAMA bug, Omega driver version, what is it? I will just install that and be done with it.

EDIT: to add that I DL'ed this from GotFrags.net

System specs are P4P800(bios 1017.004) P4-2.4C@3207, 1024mb ram, ATI 9800(retail)
    Install went normal, as it always does. Wasnt slow like others have mentioned. Didnt use any of the hacked driver version, SMART set it to 8x with FastWrites OFF which is what I choose during install. Bios setting for AGP Aperature is 128mb which is normal for me.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  9. tedy

tedy New Member

isnt puerto rico part of USA ? :p

10. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

Re: MAJOR ISSUES HERE

Did the drivers hold a gun to your head and tell you to throw a perfectly good monitor in the trash? Losing $250 is no ones fault but your own. If your having problems with your comp, try doing some real investigating first before you jump to conclusions and start trashing your PC components.

And ATI can't fix everything RIGHT NOW because they have a lot to do. If they tried to fix everything at once, you'd be seeing maybe 2 or 3 driver releases a year, rather than every month. Have some patience and the fixes will come. Getting pissed about it only raises your blood pressure and won't get anything accomplished.

11. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

yea or you can just get a nvidia card.. like say 6800GT :)

12. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Re: Re: MAJOR ISSUES HERE

Ahh thats what I needed was a smart mouth to kick in with stupid coments!

All the appropriate diagonisis points to the monitor and all "Investigations" showed nothing, as ATI hadnt posted their admission at that point.

>> And ATI can't fix everything RIGHT NOW <<

You really dont undstand things to well, so would be best if you didnt talk. The Gama issue was something that they had ALREADY had a fix for, just wouldnt releast it till later revision. Thief 3 bug, as before, they got the fix done, But wont be included till later. There is a differance between needed to FIND a cure to something, and already having it! Think you can understand this, or you just want to run your mouth????????

>> Getting pissed about it only raises your blood pressure and won't get anything accomplished <<

I wasnt pissed till I read your mouth running, and Getting nothing accomplished, was YOUR POST! Waste of space. More importantly, blow it out your back side.

P.S. It would be great by me, if you never posted to me again!

13. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Actaully, I have a keen interest in that same card. :D

14. tancy123

tancy123 New Member

OmegaDrive: How are you able to support ati mobility cards when ati refused to support it?

Anyway, i really like your drivers and they ROX! my stupid laptop company doesnt provide any video driver update since i bought my laptop which was 1 year ago. thx for providing mobility drivers for all the laptop owners out there

May the force be with you........

15. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

1. Man, you got a SERIOUS registry problem there, When was the last time you re-formated?
    Have you tried using Driver Cleaner?

2. The gamma bug was fixed two drivers ago and these drivers have the fix integrated. In what games the gamma doesn't work? Or in which applications?
    Also, How can you trash a monitor without even veryfing that it was the problem?

3. Can't answer, only you can find out yourself.

4. Nice.

16. BMG_Cya=-

BMG_Cya=- Banned

Jeez...if it weren't so...asinine in nature...and so bad it's funny...I would kick this guy "wk357mag"
    the hell up outta here.
    tells someone to blow it out their backside, and also he can't even see that he is the one
    being a smartass and a dumbass about this.

Tell ya what 357....you come see me...I'll Pm you my address if you want, and we'll see if we can't take a little
    steam out of ya. Ya think?:D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

17. Virus

Virus New Member

OMG JESUS CHRIST THATS NOT POSSIBLE I COULD CRY

I have just written 1000 of word but my computer got stuck damn shit now here again but not the full story
    I installed everything right (from readme)
    My Cpu temperatur was on 55° Celsius after installing the omega thats the fuckiest HIGHEST temperatur I ever had after playing 10 hours farcry but now I had it in windows after a fresh reboot and I could not open a folder, it took 4 min and my dislplay looked like its running on 20 herz...., I tried to deinstall the omega with the omega deinstall thing and I had to wait 10 min before it opened. I restartet and I deinstalled the drivers with the ATI Uninstall Util, and rebooted in safety mode, run a registry cleaner, run driver cleaner 3.2 and cab cleaner and then rebooted and installed the normal 4.7 and now I am again on 50° Celsius and every prog runs on 100% cpu usages and blocks every prog from working.
    Please tell me omega If there is anything left on my system from the omega drivers because every thing is so fucked up..
    I had also a problem with the 4.1 some months ago and It stopped my display from working and I had to buy a new one, I don't blame you for that but it wasnt funny and thats not a joke. What can I do that everything is normal again, I really have to worry, I don't want to format my harddrive ....

What could that be, havent I got rid of the drivers with deinstalling them and with driver and cab cleaner and a registry cleaner, are there still things left, I dont know how much time I have before everything is exploding here, my computer makes high pitch noises and a extrem heat is comping out from my pc, DAMN THATS THE APOCALYPS please help me nononononononon .......

18. Mocca

Mocca Somewhere in time

Thanks for a nice set of drivers once again, Omegadrive.

I am experiencing a few problems tho.
    Am I the only one who can't execute ATi Tool from Omega's CAT4.7 based driverpack? It says something about "can't load profile - doesn't exist"... Dunno what to make of this.
    Another thing: I know Battlefield Vietnam genrally is a buggy game, but I've been experiencing quit to desktops with the CAT4.7 based Omega's... I never had this with the Omega 4.6's. Anyone else having odd problems with BFV?
    Joint Operations also seem a bit more jerky to me, like it's less fluent in "gameplay", fps wise, with the new Omega's, while the game was flawless with the 4.6 based Omega's - Anyone else experiencing some of the same?

Thanks,

Mocca

19. Virus

Virus New Member

Or should I make a system restore? Please tell me there is nothing left :confused:

20. intorange

intorange New Member

I experienced the same "upside down" problem on my ASUS Notebook M6726N when upgrading (i didn´t uninstall) from Omegadriver 2.5.51 to .58. It is a 3-day old WinXP SP1 Pro installation (+ all current MS patches) with no other graphic-drivers (than Omegadriver) installed beforehand. Only uninstalling .58 and reinstalling .51 did help.
    EDIT: Not using SP2.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004