Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.58 (Cat 4.7)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 17, 2004.

1. cypher_138

cypher_138 Watching 1984 unfold

Either the reg cleaner you used trashed something or you have a virus and/or some nasty spyware going on.. see if your reg prog has a restore feature than grab spybot, adaware and spyblaster. Update and run these as well as your AV program. If you don't have one grab the free version of AVG.,
    You could run sys restore, but at that point your beter off just reformatting.

BTW great work again Omega.:D

2. Virus

Virus New Member

Nono, its omega for shure :/ i only say I have still these problems after deinstalling them ...

3. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Re: Re: MAJOR ISSUES HERE

1) Like I mentioned, this install is fresh and only about a month old. The only other vid drivers ever installed were the Omega 4.6's. Like I said, the install went fine and all was good till SMART ran, thats when it flipped. Virus scanner was off during install.

2) Gama bug was ALMOST fixxed two drivers ago, than last set came back partial way. Had read ATI said it was totally fixxed this new set, but I was unable to verifie due to this other issue not allowing me to keep them installed.

Gama bug exsist for me with UT Classic, RavenSheild, Unreal2-XMP and GhostRecon. This was on both rigs (9800/8500) and I fixxed the 8500 by installing the WHQL'ed drivers from MS update as its not a primarily used for gaming, so these are fine for it.

3) Yeah I figured, there was one set which I called the best you have ever done, but cant remember. They were supper smooth.

4) Thanks, I like it, best bang for the buck$!

well I dont think I got a corrupted DL, so I truely have no idea why this would happen. Since I dont read other having this same/similiar issues than its not on your end.

So let me try it again and see what happens.

thanks for your responce!

EDIT: to add, games listed in #2 are the only ones installed. It happens with all equally, yet unconsistantly.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  4. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Re: Re: MAJOR ISSUES HERE

Weird,

In the past I have always just installed OVER the old driver set. Been using Omegas exclusively for years, so this is a norm for me.

But I think this time I will stip out all the old and try again.

5. psychlone

psychlone M3A32-MVP GURU

Re: Re: Re: MAJOR ISSUES HERE

Ive tried this way too...nothing in the new 4.7 works properly for me.
    As far as my XP install, only a week old, with only 4.6's EVER for VGA drivers.
    So, what's up here?

(for those who may not remember my post a couple pages ago, when I install Omega 4.7's, upon reboot, the desktop and icons, and every scren the card tries to render, it renders VERY slowly. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Omega 4.7's/uninstall/reinstall newest nforce drivers/uninstalling/reinstalling EVERYTHING/endlessly --in fact, I'd be hard pressed to find a configuration that I haven't tried in the last day.)

Maybe my SP2 b2169......hmm....anyone else using Beta SP2 build 2169??

Psychlone

6. tornado=[GSW]=

tornado=[GSW]= Compulsive HW Monger

dont know if its been asked before but are the guys having all these problems using the SP2 RC release on their Win XP, I know psychlone is and I also know for sure, SP2 currently messes up most driver updates, so just asking

7. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

tornado:
    Good question. I am with WinXP Pro SP1 +all updates thru MS.

psychlone:
    Sounds to me like you need to MANUALLY run the SMART service in Windows after you install. It will be slow till SMART has set itself.

Maybe this is our issues. I normally keep SMART to manual setting, as its not needed to run with regular use, just after the install. I noticed that this was NOT set to automatic as it normally is after install of new driver. The HostKey Poller was set to Auto after install, though I had it set to manual, which is how I normally keep it. Maybe there is a new initialization procedure here, and if SMART service is not auto, it may mess things up. Once again, after installing the Omega 4.7's this service was still at manual, and I ran it after reboot. Than the screen flipped.

Any comments on this Omega?

8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Windows XP Pro SP2 RC2 (2149) runs this set of drivers FLAWLESSLY just by installing overtop on the following systems:

Main rig below in my signature

AMD Athlon 1600+ gigabyte board, Windows XP SP2 RC2 (2149)
    Radeon 9000 AIW 64Mb PRO

Amd Athlon 1900+ Abit AT7-MAX2, Windows XP SP1 (NOT A REVISED)
    Radeon 9200 np 128mb

P4 1.6 ghz Sony machine XP SP1(NOT A REVISED)
    Radeon 8500LE 64mb

AMD 950 Duron Daewoo Machine XP SP2 RC2 (2149)
    Radeon 7000 64mb

P4 2.4c DELL Machine XP SP1(NOT A REVISED)
    Radeon 9600 np

9. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Got'em installed

I tried installing multiple times in differant ways and finally got them in. Here are some screen shot first.

BOOM BOOM BOOM ERROR ERROR

I did another install, right over top the old Omega 4.6's like I did last night and same problem happened, same way. It was repeatable for me! There was nothing new about the way I installed them, its the same way I been doing the Omegas for years.

Screen shots will show that they were installed, 8x and fastwrites approriately set. Next you will notice that it was set by itself to run at "Rotate180*". I didnt do this. BTW when I was taking screen shots, it was upside down on screen.

When going to Display Properties--> Settings--> Advanced, I get the first ERROR Message, but mearly saying OK, allowed me in this area of the CP. The EVENT LOG showed just this one error, which is related to SMART.

Observations:

Normally I will set the WinXP services of SMART, HotKeyPoller and Radclocker to MANUAL after the drivers have installed. This is how I run it 24/7.

Now in the past when ever I upgrade to a newer Omega (I dont use the ATI version, so cant comment about these) it will reset all three of these services to AUTO. Than on next boot they will all run and set self as needed. I than will do set to manual. All done, no issues.

This time, when overwriting the Omega 4.6's it DID NOT set the SMART to auto. So, when I go and start the service manually, that is when it FLIPS the screen and error messages come out.

Now during this bad install, all looks to go well, on reboot there is a FLASH to the screen indicitive of SMART setting, but it didnt run. During this time it is DOG slow, prolly the same slowness others have posted about.

At this point I uninstalled the old drivers and used Driver Cleaner to clean up.

I then install the Omega 4.7's and prior to reboot, I look and the services now are all set to AUTO, as they should be. Reboot, screen flashed and all is well. Drivers now working 100% (so far noted)

So for some reason while overwriting the older Omega 4.6's with the newer Omega 4.7's, it doesnt set the SMART back to AUTO. while installing on (DC) clean system, it does in fact set to AUTO and installs just fine.

Not sure if this is something Omega can do, or if ATI needs to FORCE the SMART service to AUTO setting during installation, but this will cure my issue, and I think the other issues of SLOWNESS will be related to the SMART service. Bad thing is if these peeps run the SMART Service now, it will prolly flip the screen on them, like it did me.

(EDITED: To fix some grammar, spelling and add one line at the end)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  10. racingx

racingx New Member

Im not going to install them because thats just not for me but I must post to say thanks for your hard work Omega.

11. serverlag

serverlag New Member

Speeds

no problems installing here, for some reason my 3dmark03 score fell from 6124 to 6009; have any settings changed from 4.6 ? - or does anybody experience similar behaviour?

12. catalyst

catalyst Overclocker

where is the TAA switch?

ok, am i blind or what? i've looked all through the control panel, and man, where IS it? :confused:

13. tornado=[GSW]=

Re: where is the TAA switch?

in ur start menu under omega drivers :)

14. catalyst

catalyst Overclocker

lol, man, i'm such a dumbass... i was looking on the OLD folder in the start menu (the one i'd sub-foldered under "Utilities") :D

cheers dude! :)

15. Death Machine

Death Machine New Member

16. tornado=[GSW]=

dang, I did it, curisity killed the cat, I wanted to see if I could reproduce the problems people were havig and went ahead and installed the Omegas, and am happy to report in my 100th post that they rock, dont know how Omega does it everytime but the drivers seem to perform better than the rest in games and benchmarks

17. wilflare

wilflare New Member

eh. are we supposed to leave the settings in the control panel intact or we can change those settings? will if affect any of omega's own settings?

18. Furious1

Furious1 New Member

???

Uninstall Everything. DriverCleaner. Install Omega Drivers.

They come with their Own Control Panel?

I dont understand your question...:confused:

19. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

He's asking if he can modify the settings in the control panel, or if it will wreak Omega's work.

From what I can tell, it's all right to change the AA and AF settings, and any monitor settings, but I think most of the rest should be left alone...

20. kelston

kelston Active Member

I'm curious as to why Omega's default 16,24,8-bit stencil setting seems to be a step down from the highest quality setting. Is the highest quality setting actually different from the 16,24,8? And if so, is there any noticeable difference?