Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.58 (Cat 4.7)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 17, 2004.

1. fenomen

fenomen New Member

Hello, I have a problem with "OGL Driver Swapper". I'm stuck with "CS OGL Driver". When I try to change to normal one the DOS window opens and shows options to chose but just after that it says "Can't run C:\Program~1\Omega Drivers\2KXP_INF\Choice.com" and then when I press any key the DOS window is gone without any changes in OGL Driver.

2. smh1971

smh1971 New Member

Hi, I just installed the omega 4.7 based drivers and fired up quake 3 arena. Within 5 mins or so it kicks me back to the desktop with ultra bright gamma, also the gamma gets very dark right before it boots me. It happened everytime I tried to play. This happened with fastwrites off and I also tried it with it back on but no luck. I went back to the 4.7 betas I was using and all is well. Its a shame because before I kept crashing to desktop the drivers worked nice and fast. Just wanted to let you know Omega. Thanks for your drivers and your time :)

Scott

My specs: AMD 2500+
    soltek sl-75mrnl mobo
    1 gig corsair pc2700llpt (matched)
    hercules 9800 pro @stock
    creative sblive 5.1
    420 watt thermaltake psu
    xp pro sp1 all updates

3. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re: Got'em installed

The way I run my drivers on my PC I NEVER set ATI services to manual, I leave them in auto.
    Why?
    Smartgart Service only runs ONCE, just after the drivers install, so it takes NO RESOURCES.
    The other two ATI services are NEEDED to run in order to use VPU recover and Overdrive.

As for the Rotated 180 screen, I don't know what could be happening, the installation INF I used is exactly the same as the 4.6, except that I added a few thing here and there, but nothing has do to with rotation, the rotation settings have been the same since Cat 3.8.

Also, I have noticed that people who have more problems, specially the slow installation issue, are those who have installed SP2 buil 2169. These drivers where tested with SP1 and SP2 build 2149, so I can't guarantee they will work with other builds.

4. Omegadrive

Strange, I did a LOT of tests before making the utility...
    Check if the file "choice.com" is inside the "2KXP_INF" folder, if it is not there, try running the installer again, no need for drivers re-install and then check id the file was extracted.

This was done to mantain compatibility, since Dx8 and up only use 16,24,8-bit stencil as a standard, any higher will make the card slower in some games and tests, and the difference is not noticed.

See the readme.

Strange, I can run Q3 here with no problems for hours and no gamma problems.
    Try doing the whole Driver Cleaner stuff and try them again.

5. fenomen

fenomen New Member

I reinstalled the software (not the drivers) and still the same. Maybe it's becouse my Windows XP is in Polish language verssion?

6. Furious1

Furious1 New Member

I am going to search more, but for some reason the SMARTGART tab is gone under Advanced Display Properties?

Any ideas?

I have tried the Advanced Option from the Smart Menu doesnt add a New Tab or anything.

:( Wanted to Experiment with Fast Write on in CS, see if it helped at all cause I have heard CS is really a CPU taxing Game with ATi Opengl.

7. Furious1

Furious1 New Member

Could it be because the ATi Hotkey Poller or ATi Smart Server are Disabled??

8. Omegadrive

Exactly!

Could be, but the file still the same, so it is strange, did you check if the file was phisically there?

9. illegal-op

illegal-op New Member

I have a small issue

When I first went to install Omega's new driver pack, I uninstalled his previous version completely and then installed the new version. I then tried to join counter-strike and it started telling me that my map, de_aztec differed from what was on the server. I was just playing that map before I upgraded.

I then uninstall everything again but this time, used the driver cleaner. I reinstall the new drivers and was able to join maps fine again. No more "map differs from server" errors. The only thing I see now is that when it switches maps, I get this bright red screen and sometimes while playing a map, the textures turn to the same bright red. Not all textures, just happens every once in a while. I went into spec mode and did free view and when i would go between walls or the ground, I would see that bright red texturing.

Other than that, the drivers seem to perform ok. I will continue to use them to see if I actually get another error and if keeps corrupting the maps.

10. Furious1

Furious1 New Member

Well which one is it? lol. What do they both Do anyway?

I disable anything I dont know.

Which one Is which?

11. Omegadrive

I always leave them all enabled, just in case, but the one you need is the HotKey poller.

12. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

Re: Re: Re: MAJOR ISSUES HERE

I don't understand things?!? I'm not the one that threw away a perfectly good monitor, brainiac.

13. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Omega, I hear what your saying, but the Smart service just needs to run that once. If you look in the Even Viewer there after on every start it will show you it attempts to run but than closes itself. I have never had an issue with it set to Manual, till now. But once again, the installer normally RE-SETS this service to AUTO. It also resets the others to AUTO. This time it set all to auto except SMART, and I believe this is caused the oddity.

Hot key poller, nice if you use Hot-Keys, which I dont. So I set to manual so it wont run at every boot

I also set the RadClock service to manual, as I do use Radlinker to OC with (occasionally) but I want to BOOT to default speeds, if it were to lock up do to aggressive OC'ing. I view this as a safty thing as well as just another service I dont need running at every boot.

If I'm wrong on something here, please let me know.

14. fenomen

fenomen New Member

Yes the file is there but it's not working :(. I reinstalled it twice and once full reinstall with display drivers, nothing helps. If I retrun to basic Cat 4.7 will the be installed with normal OGL Driver or I'm stuck with CS one?

15. Omegadrive

Well, then you have to swap it manually.
    Just copy the file in the "OGL-New" folder to "Windows\system32" and overwrite the one there, done!

16. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I haven't had a chance to read through the subsequent pages in this thread to see if you got a solution yet.

However, whenever I've had problems running videos after a driver update, I've found it necessary to reinstall the Encoder files. I've had my Windows Media Player affected this way and reinstalling the Encoder has resolved it each time.

Go to Windows Update and then select the Downloads section from the upper options. Go to the Media Player 9 downloads and you'll see an option for the WMEncoder....or something like that.

Good luck!

17. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I got the latest Omega's last night along with the latest build of XP SP2 RC2.

I installed RC2 First.

Rebooted to make sure things were working correctly.

Then I uninstalled the ATi Control Panel from the official CAT 4.7s.

Then, immediately, I installed the Omegadrivers.

I did notice that I got a black screen when trying to play videos. So, I reinstalled MP9 and the Encoder files. That fixed that problem.

Afterwards, I played DX:IW (Even though I HATE what they've done with the game) for over 5 hours non-stop. :)

I'll try a few other games tonight. ;)

18. Bracol7

Bracol7 New Member

Here is exactly what happens which I posted earlier:
    I am running 3.0Ghz, 1 gig ram, radeon 9600 mobility.

Many people had this problem in the last release so I just went back 1 set in hopes that this next release would fix the problem... which it obviously hasn't. When I try to play a video the audio will play and the first second of visual. Then player window will lock up but audio will continue. I cannot close the window. If I attempt to end task the whole computer freezes. By turning my hardware acceleration down about three notches I am able to watch the video without the freezing but it looks fairly bad, with most seperate images with a sort of white mask around them. Reverting back 2 driver sets completly fixes this problem.

I have tried reinstalling codecs after installation and I even tried upgrading to windows media player 10 beta. Winamp also acts in the same way. quicktime files still play properly...

19. Nond

Nond New Member

Got a random reboot while playing Dark Age of Camelot.. not sure if that is because of the drivers or not.. I remember them doing that to me when I had Omega 4.6s in so now I'm back to Catalyst 4.7.

20. chronicidal

chronicidal Guest

My highest Aquamark3 before: 44,533

My highest Aquamark3 now with these drivers: 44,918

And that's with my CPU score going down a bit too.