Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.58 (Cat 4.7)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I am not sure if the Cat or UniAN have the issues or not but i am quite sure that if you are having issues that you might give Mobility Modder since it allows you to modify the official Catalyst 4.7

2. LA_MERC_Mavrick

LA_MERC_Mavrick New Member

i had the same problem on the Cat 4.5 drivers, but have not experienced it since loading Omega's latest drivers

3. freed

freed New Member

Hi all !

My problem is that the 16/10 aspect ratio on my Dell inspiron 8600 (radeon 9600 pro) is only for the 1680*1050 now.
    With omega 4.5 it was fine for all ratio but with omega 4.6 & 4.7 there aren't all ratio (1280*800 for example):tears:

What happen ? :confused:

i'd like to play counter strike on 1280*800 and now with 4.6 & 4.7 i can't :(

is there a solution ?

Thx.

4. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Well, the thing is, I DID added the wide screen resolutions to the last two drivers and many people is using them with no problems.
    What resolutions you have available in Multires?

5. freed

freed New Member

Ok but ....
    In Multires i've all resolutions but when i switch for exemple 1280*800 16/10) or 1280*1024 (4:3) i've all around black band .
    And it's strange when i put omega 4.5 on it's good !! :sigh:
    However i use drive cleaner 3.2 :)

6. Omegadrive

The setting you need is located in Display Properties -> Advanced, go to Displays -> Panel -> Scale Image -> Expand while maintaining aspect ratio.

7. Ranutso

Ranutso New Member

Well, I know that the answer to this is on the Omegadriver readme. I just want to make sure. ;)

When you change the D3D and OpenGL options on the Control Panel (the Performance and Quality slider) it wouldn't mess with the optimizations from Omegadrivers, right? I mean, I'm free to change those options on the control panel tabs the way I want without losing the optimizations, correct?

Thanks a lot.

8. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

that is correct

9. Ranutso

Ranutso New Member

Thanks a lot Chaos. And pretty nice flash of yours. ;)

10. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

np dude

11. freed

freed New Member

Thank you very much Omega, that's what i need, i don't remember this option :duh:

So see you soon and very good job for this driver :p

Thx, Bye !

12. zarg

zarg New Member

Hi,

I also have a problem on my compaq presario laptop after I close and reopen it. The screen continu working but the backlight doesn't. I do not have this problem with 2.5.44 version. I have an old Mobility Radeon 7500.
    Any ideas ?

Thanks

13. jjscc

jjscc New Member

This version does not play AVI. MPG, RM, WMV on RADEON 9000

I posted on the previous version thread that the new drivers on my laptop with an ATI RADEON 64mb DDR had serious poblems playing videos of any kind. With micosoft media player and real Player.

WinLogon.exe process goes up to 100% cpu usage and the computed is so busy that the only way to solve the problem is to press the power button for 5 seconds so the laptop shuts down.

Reverting back to drivers 2.5.36a or 2.5.44 solves the problem. Drivers 2.5.51 has the exact same problem as 2.5.58. So its obvious "something" has changed between 2.5.44 and 2.5.51 that breaks video playback on ATI Radeon 9000 on laptops.

I was a bit frustrated to see that my posts didnt had any feedback and that seems that I was completly ignored concerning my problem. There was however at least one more user with the exact same problem.

I know that Omega is doing this for free, and I love your drivers... But please guys... an answer would be nice.

best regards

14. jjscc

jjscc New Member

I have the same problem.

The problem is with process winlogon.exe. It goes sky rocket up to 100% usage. This happens with microsoft media player, real player and others.

My system is very similar to yours:

Acer aspire 1600 laptop
    PIV 2.8GHZ
    512MB DDR Ram
    ATI RADEON 9000 witn 64mb DDR dedicated
    WINDOWS XP SP1 with all lateste patches.

15. snorre

snorre New Member

POWERPLAY in the Omega Drivers 2.5.58 dosen't work properly. I used these drivers on my Acer Ferrari 3200 (Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB) notebook on a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP1 and after resume from standby mode the screen gets completely messed up. I uninstalled these drivers and installed the official Catalyst 4.7 drivers instead and the problems went away. I hope you will fix this soon, thanks.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  16. Omegadrive

Re: This version does not play AVI. MPG, RM, WMV on RADEON 9000

Your problem has not been ignored, I'm investigating the cause of this problem, but all seems to be pointing to the ATI drivers themselves and not my settings as this happens on only some laptops.
    Please, you can help me find out if the problem is me or ATI by using Mobility Modder with OFFICIAL 4.7 drivers and see if the problem is there.

Thanks for any help.

17. jjscc

jjscc New Member

Re: Re: This version does not play AVI. MPG, RM, WMV on RADEON 9000

Sure no problem. What is Mobility Modder? And what should I do?

18. snorre

snorre New Member

If you put POWERPLAY on optimal battery rather than optimal performance, the display messes up.

It seems to me like these drivers dosen't reset the settings back to defaults when resuming from standby mode on battery power, e.g. resets the core/memory back to defaults, and this messes up the display.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  19. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Re: Re: Re: This version does not play AVI. MPG, RM, WMV on RADEON 9000

Mobility Moder follow the instructions to modify any Catalyst Drivers

20. mathyou

mathyou New Member

Thanks for all yoru hard work Omega.

I have a problem with control panel tabs not showing up with my dual monitor setup. Sometimes they're there, other times they aren't. It seems that disabling the second monitor leads to the problems, at least that is when I first noticed it.

The other issue I have is what makes the first one a big deal. If I configure my AA settings when both monitors are enabled, AA is always off no matter what I set it to. If I disable the secondary, then I can turn AA on.

But now when I turn the second display off to change AA, my tabs disappear and I have to reboot. It is less than ideal.