Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.97a (Cat 4.12)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

If I make Radlinker optional u will have no control over D3D or OGL settings. Anyway, I'll contact ChrisW about this problem and see if he can come up with a solution. Thanks for the feedback.

2. bake15

bake15 New Member

whats your system specs??

3. priz

priz New Member

Here we go again same as omega 4.12 beta, after i installed omega 4.12 final along with radlinker my system fails to boot into windows it just keeps restarting, i'm forced to go into safe mode, when i uninstall radlinker it says that i cannot uninstall radlinker from safe mode so i uninstalled omega drivers and i was able to boot back into windows, after booting into windows i'm now able to uninstall radlinker. I'm able to install omega drivers without radlinker or vise versa and it works but both together don't seem to work. This is now the seconed time i've had problems installing omega drivers. Before omega 4.12 beta i've never experienced this problem. Gaming just isn't the same without omega drivers, i miss them:( I'm forced to go back to plain ole cat 4.12

4. Smilez

Smilez New Member

I have used normal ati drivers for like 3 months now, and now its time to test omegas great work again :) Downloading now.

5. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Mirror is now ONLINE at Omega's request

6. Makere

Makere New Member

I get this same problem (but in finnish and english). It happens when I click the advanced 3d tab, so I think theres maybe some problems with radlinker. The beta of 4.12 omega worked perfect, Im running XP Pro with sp2 installed... maybe sp2 confuses it? Im just guessing and wishing for some sort of fix. This occured in my two computers... maybe I should try it in my laptop too... maybe... :wtf:

7. Nitrius

Nitrius New Member

I just installed the drivers and everything is going smooth here, yet another good work by Omega :) kepp it up! :cool:

8. Makere

Makere New Member

I got the radlinker 2.0.25 (from: http://www.tweakzone.nl/downloads/7565) and now everythings running smoothly, there must be some sort of serious bug in 2.0.26, so if you have problems, try to get that. ;)

9. Nyana

Nyana New Member

At the moment I've only the problem, that RadLinker Color Tab is saving the Desktop gamma only ... the Game Gamma is set back to 100 every time I enter the Tab.

10. KiRiON

KiRiON New Member

thanks Omega, and i wish u a happy new year!
    c u next year in WoW! ;)

11. MEABeemer

MEABeemer C-Groove StreetFighter

THANKS OMEGA AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

(I use ChrisW's original "RadLinker 2.026" from his site wich has more options to configure)

C U L8R!!!

12. Arraso

Arraso New Member

What kind of blue screen?

A completely BS without "info" (the program caused an error bla bla bla irq_blablabla), just the "blue screen"?

13. pinstripe007

pinstripe007 New Member

Many thanks for your hard work Omega. Also, Driverheaven for giving us an avenue to discuss these drivers and other concerns!

Happy New Year to all and your families!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

14. loudeye

loudeye New Member

I get the same message, only different language. it is not possible to enter the Advanced 3D tab.

the control panel is still missing from the Radeon Omega\Start-menu too.

i never had any problems with omegas prior to the first Omega Radlinker cp merge and believe settings in Radlinker cause this error.

i'll try the other radlinker mirror mentioned above, but seeing as this has become a permanent issue, i have become somewhat estranged to the omega drivers.

15. Shake

Shake New Member

I resolve my issue - uninstall radlinker 2.0.26 and install 2.0.25 included at omega 2.5.97 beta - now all work fine.

16. loudeye

loudeye New Member

yup, the Radlinker v2.0.25 fixes the problem here too. still no cp from the Start-menu though...access it from multires and enable the cp from the toolbar.

17. NeoTribal

NeoTribal 1" Lobes! =D

Anyone have any performance comparison numbers betweeen these and the official Catalyst 4.12 release?

Thanks for the release Omega! :)

18. loudeye

loudeye New Member

i just ran a couple vst in CS:S and these omegas lose ~2 fps from the catalyst 4.12. i've always liked omegas for the iq though, and i think it looks better than the cats.

thanks Omega, they seem to perform very well. it has been a hassle to install your drivers since the introduction of the Omega Radlinker cp though...:hmm:

19. nauticus

nauticus Carpcarpcarpcarpcarp

Wow, yesterday I get a new soundcard, and today I get these!

My refresh rate problem is finished, thanks, Omega, and have a happy New Year!

20. net1994

net1994 New Member

I'm having the Same Problem here. BUT, I only get this error box when I click on a old link for Omega 4.8 Drivers, that I placed in my Taskbar. For some odd reason, when I unistalled the Omega 4.8's, it didn't delete the ATI CP icon. So if I click on it now, I keep on getting a Rundl32 error.

Though if I click on the Omega Icon near my clock>ATI Display Settings- it comes up fine....