Radeon Omega Drivers v4.8.442 for Windows XP/2k

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

You overclocking?
    Which card?
    System specs?

2. eaa315

eaa315 New Member

System specs are:
    It's a Sapphire HD2900 Pro 1Gig card that I overclock using ATITool 27beta4
    I'm running it @ same speeds I have been for a while now which are 845 core 945 mem

Cat 7.11 never had this issue.

3. Omegadrive

hehe, I always forget that the system specs are below the avatar :rofl:
    Anyway, try lowering the clocks to default and see if the VPU error happens, if it doesn't, well, time to check OC limits again ;)

4. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

Perhaps your card has been running too hot already but only later revisions of VPU recovery spots it? Just a guess. Try without overclocking just to see.

EDIT: Omegadrive was faster. :)

5. Omegadrive

PWNED! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. FlyByU

FlyByU New Member

Hi Omegadrive,

Reporting a BSOD. I just tried to play Medieval2 Total War v1.2 and this is what it listed as the problem file ati2dvag.

It said that the device driver got stuck in an infinite loop

Here is the Tech Info

Stop: OXOOOOOOEA (OX898A2820, OX8A1ED200, OXF78D2CB4, OX00000001)

ati2dvag

If your the wrong person to report this to then let me know and I'll report it to ATI as well.

7. Omegadrive

If it happens with the official Cat 7.12 then you have to report it to ATI. ;)

8. FlyByU

FlyByU New Member

I reported it to ATI as well. I can not check the Offical ATI drivers as tehy dont work with Saphire cards or at least they dont work with my Saphire HD2600 AGP card. So I'll have you both notified this way.

Ok here is what ATI sent me

Dear Roger;
    Thank you for contacting ATI Technical Support.
    The best version for ATI AGP video cards still 7.7 yet. Remove all your ATI drivers and install 7.7.
    Previous Catalystâ„¢ Drivers for Windows XP
    Best regards
    Sergi
    ATI eTSC

Now do you have 7.7 omega drivers or something close to that Omegadrive? Or could I just get that ati2dvag file from an older version and add it to teh new 7.12 drivers would that work? Also If I roll back to the older driver do I need to uninstall your 7.12's first then install the older driver?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  9. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

Thanks Omega for all the work you've done over the years (new to the site and didn't know you actually visited here). The Omega drivers fixed my D3D issues that I was having on a X850 Pro AGP card so just wanted to say thanks and keep up the great work.

10. Omegadrive

When you select the AGP option when installing my drivers the 7.7 D3D driver is installed instead of the 7.12, that's why the drivers are working with AGP cards, when you select PCIe it uses the newer 7.12 D3D driver. Of course, there may still be problems since there are some instructions on the Cat 7.12 that may not work with the 7.7 D3D driver, so you may find that some games work perfectly fine and maybe 1 or 2 have problems that are not present on the standard Cat 7.7 or the Cat 7.12. Hope that is clear. ;)
    And yes, you need to uninstall the newer drivers to install the old ones if you need to.

11. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

Thank you for the excellent drivers, this time they install themselves automatically! :D Unfortunately I'm having a little problem with this driver (I think). I cannot see the temperature in ATI Tray Tools (latest version). Before, when I had the official 7.12 drivers installed, it all worked as it should. But now with the new Omegadrivers all boxes in System Tray Hardware Monitoring are greyed out for GPU temperature and Environment temperature and it says "no supported hardware found" in fan control. I have a Gecube X1950XT 256MB AGP and it worked perfectly with the older versions of Omegadrivers.

12. Omegadrive

Could be AGP fix I included, try reinstalling the drivers and select PCIe as your card when prompted, see if it works.

13. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

Thank you for your answer. I will do so! I just tried to install again with AGP (it didn't work), but will try again now with PCIe! Is it safe to play games with PCIe-settings? What is the difference with AGP and PCie (in the installation program)?

14. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

I just tried to install with the PCIe-setting and it still does not work. I will try the official 7.12 drivers now (they should work as far as I remember).

Btw have you tried Unreal Tournament 3 on your current setup? Many (including me) seem to have problems with that game (both ATI and NVIDIA users). The most common problems are: fps drops when nothing is happening or/and fps freeze/stutters while playing. I have both problems and it makes the game unplayable. Many (including me) have bought new graphic cards just for this game, but with no visible difference in performance and without any of the problems being solved. I do not know where the problem lies, but if you compare UT3 to how excellent BioShock (also based on Unreal Engine 3) works with most setups, then it is nothing but a shame that Epic did not put more heart into optimizing the game for different setups.

15. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

Still no luck for me. I have tried Omega 7.11, 7.12 and ATI official 7.11, 7.12. I have even tried to use the special ATI uninstall utility (cannot remember what it is called) and Driver Cleaner.

16. Sinth

Sinth New Member

My Sapphire card works well.
    Infinite loop = fast writes and or write combining is enabled. Turn these off.
    Fast writes via bios or via the agpgart.
    Write combining via your normal control panel, troubleshoot.
    See how you get on.

Revert to stock values on your card also.

17. Sinth

Sinth New Member

BTW Linkintones I play UT3 and I am awaiting my new setup tomorrow. A single core cpu just doesn`t cut the mustard let alone an opteron.
    It is playable but framerate drops are just down to your gpu being held back.
    Have a look in the bottom of your UTengine ini file and look at the compat level, cpu and gpu and recorded, my cpu is 1 and gpu is 4.
    Kind of tells it`s own story if you know what I mean.

18. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

Sinth,

It looks like this in my UTEngine.ini-file:
    "[AppCompat]
    MeasuredCPUScore=535.725647
    CompatLevelComposite=4
    CompatLevelCPU=4
    CompatLevelGPU=4"

It is not that the game is totally unplayable. It is just that I am used to a stable 60+ fps with UT2004/2003/99. And the frequent freezing/fps drops does not make it better. It also does not feel as smooth as the predecessors when I look around with the mouse. The game is absolutely wonderful, but all these problems takes away the joy of playing it.

19. Sinth

Sinth New Member

CPU 4? wow that has surprised me.
    Epic Games Forums
    Get yourself there m8 for tweaks and help m8 ;)
    There are multiple reasons why you get hitching but off the top of my head I can`t tell you what to change but you should sort yourself out m8, what I do know is that it isn`t these drivers.

Edit, take mouse smoothing off and adjust to your mouse setting to accomadate, yes trial an error but isn`t it the same as before?

20. FlyByU

FlyByU New Member

Hi Omegadrive,

I cannot find a D/L link from your site (Omega Drivers Archive) for the 7.7 Omega version can you provide one for me?

And if you dont have one can you make one with the video cards listed in 7.12 as that is the first driver that had my card in it. "Radeon HD 2600 PRO (Omega 3.8.442)" = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9587

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.