Radeon Omega Drivers v4.8.442 for Windows XP/2k

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H11

H11 New Member

if me isntall official driver for "X600 series"/i have unssuported car from ACER/ from ofiacial Catalyst 7.12.,openGL run normal---------------

AMD Sempron 3000+
    Ati mobility Radeon X600 64MB
    1g RAM
    WIN XP SP2

2. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

I found the reason to my problem now. It was actually PowerStrip that caused the "No supported hardware found."-error. If I boot up XP and ATI Tray Tools without running PowerStrip before, then it all works as it should with temperature monitoring/fan speed etc. BUT, when I run Powerstrip and then ATI Tray Tools, it does not work and I get the error and no temperature monitoring. So the fix will probably be to use an older version of PowerStrip. I have 3.76 Build 594.

This problem occurs with any ATI driver version and any ATI Tray Tools version (believe me, I have tried 10 different ATI/Omega drivers!).

Sinth,
    I've been reading a lot in the Epic-forums, since the beta version came out. But all the tweaks that are recommended there do not help much unfortunately. I have tried the mouse setting that you posted too and it does help a little, but the feeling is still not as good as UT99/2003/2004 (I have played those games since they came out). I think that the problems exist because of unoptimized code and excessively demanding graphics (compared with BioShock). It is a shame that there is almost no difference in fps/performance whatever setting or resolution you change to. I truly hope that Epic will increase the advanced video settings, as that was kind of a trademark for the whole UT-series. Epic has lot of things to do before the fans will settle. That's for sure.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  3. dulittle

dulittle New Member

Thanks for the drivers, forgot all about them. Have tried the ATI drivers but couldn't get them to work on my 2900xt's, graphics and driver errors. Thought I had expensive paper weights on my hand, your drivers fixed all that. Just have to figure out how to get crossfire going. Donation on the way, thanks again, great work and GOD BLESS YOU for solving that headache!

4. cox

cox Active Member

hi omega?
    my saphire x1600card shows the drivers as "38442"
    I had to do it 2 times clean install but still shows this value..is this normal or?
    Thank you

5. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

That is normal, so don't worry! :)

6. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

You need to install CCC to enable crossfire, there is a bug atm in ATT that it can't be enabled.

7. Sinth

Sinth New Member

Hi m8, I have just spent my day building my new system and haven`t installed UT3 yet but I will let you know how I get on.

Why don`t you use Rivatuner btw?

Omega.... First benchmark off my new setup (Aquamark 3) 83639. It was 50000.

Will post 3dmarks when I do them m8 :)
    That is using these drivers on a clean install, was under sp1, now sp2.

8. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

Nice results and very nice setup! I like the AMD/ATI combination! :)

I do not use Rivatuner because I simply like ATI Tray Tools more. I actually tried to use Rivatuner yesterday, but I could not find many of the options that I can find in ATI Tray Tools.

Please let me know how much fps you can get in the Deathmatch map "Shangri La". I have lots of fps-drops in that stage. I get around 50-60 fps when it is not much going on, but when the action starts, then I get about 40 fps. At lowest I get 30 fps sometimes. Highest is 70 fps. I use these settings: world detail 2/texture detail 4.

9. Sinth

Sinth New Member

Will do m8, that`s the bell ringing map right? or is that the fps destruction map with the bridge? anyways will do. I struggled to get 30fps even on deck with my old setup!

10. Linkintones

Linkintones New Member

"Shangri La" is the stage with the bridge. It is the last one on the Deathmatch maplist, so you should not have any trouble finding it! :D

11. Sinth

Sinth New Member

Quick update 9929 3d05

12. kn00tcn

kn00tcn New Member

installed fine, i tried the pcie version for fun & sure enough, no d3d, so reinstalled the agp way

seems to work fine so far

on an interesting note, i dunno if 7.11 or 7.12 fixed this, but ETQW 1.2 now can have triple buffering again without crashing! though the only issue with it off is menu hiccups, not gameplay

EDIT: oh & no more of the 60hz (from 85) glitch when launching steam games, just before the movie/menu loads

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  13. BladeRy

BladeRy New Member

Hi

Installed last Omega drivers and i get "ati2mtag" errors in event viewer. Event id 45062, CRT invalid display type. And i am using a LCD. Guess the whole new driver series has the same problem, completely frustrating....

That aside, the drivers are great....keep up the good work...

14. Oldjools

Oldjools New Member

Is it possible to include an option to turn off ATI Powerplay for users of HD3850/70 cards? I have a 3870 & if you are playing a game where the GPU is running at around 60% then you have very choppy frame rate as the cards downclocked itself & in power saving mode. Hit the right GPU load & you can get frame rates jumping between 25 & 100+ as it goes in & out of power saving mode :(

As a quick fix is it possible to turn it off any other way like the registry?

15. Sinth

Sinth New Member

Omega....

For my system I have maxed my card?
    Running @ 3.21gig from 3 and my 3dmark 05 is 10096.

To me from previous tweaking this is probably now down to drivers.
    Would you agree? I have noticed from the `05 orb that the best settings run on your 7.04 drivers but crash for me. Probably beacause I have an agp card and not pci-e.
    What have been the best and most stable you could recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Linktones, ut3 runs like a dream, 70fps (refresh rate) with drops to 35 but that`s the game/maps.

16. Omegadrive

Hmm, I find it a little low, is the video card at default speed?
    When I had my Opteron165@2.6Ghz and my Radeon 1900XT my 3DMark05 score was 12110 with the 3.8.291 drivers, after I upgraded to the Core2Duo@3.2Ghz it went to 13612 with same card, now at 20799 with my new configuration. :D
    Yeah, the reason may be the AGP bus, but still, the bus shouldn't have much of an impact at lower resolutions, strange...

17. Sinth

Sinth New Member

:D flash git.
    Gpu is @ stock, doesn`t like any o/c.

Sorry for my ignorance but what cat number is the drivers you mention?
    I was a bit disappointed myself after the upgrade/o/c

Edit: does the agp setting in the bios make any diff at all? ( I don`t think so) currently 256.

18. Omegadrive

Nm, I didn't saw it was a "pro" version you had, your score is fine, the only way you can squeeze a little more performance is by OC the card. :D

19. Oldjools

Oldjools New Member

Just wondering is this possible or is the adjustable Powerplay settings a thing of the past? As my card is sadly going to have to go back if I cant fix this problem :(

20. kn00tcn

kn00tcn New Member

what's wrong with regular drivers? or is it not adjustable on either ccc or att?

i see a bunch of 'powerplay' entries under ati keys while searching my reg

after some googling.. macs or some laptops dont even have it on? & rivatuner might help you tweak powerplay, try that RivaTuner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.