Radeon PCI 32 MB SDR w/S-Video Out

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Dyre Straits, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I just acquired this card in a trade with my son-in-law. I gave him a AiW Rage 128 32 MB AGP card so he could do some capturing.
    However, this one I got won't allow me to output to the TV or VCR. I continue to get a NOT CONNECTED indication in the Display Properties/Displays no matter whether I use the S-Video connector cable or the RCA Composite cable. I'm using a little 'dongle' that plugs into the S-Video Out connection on the video card. It has the RCA, S-Video, and a crossover Audio that allows me to plug into the Line-In on the sound card.
    There's also an IRQ assigned to the Radeon, BUT, the system seems to persist in moving a PCI to USB controller along with it no matter what I manually assign to the Radeon. And that PCI to USB had a hardware conflict indicator on it, so I Disabled it for further testing. Still no Connection for the TV OUT.

Any ideas?

Dyre Straits

PS System it's in:

P200 w/MMX, Windows 98SE, 64 MB RAM, SB 16 ISA

Yeah, I know...it's OLD. :)

2. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

Maybe a stupid question but...are your tv/vcr switched on before turning the pc on....
    when i had my radeon i had the same problem...boy did i feel stupid when i realized that the tv had to be "on" before the computer.. :uhoh: :uhoh:
    But that is propably not your problem....what driver do you use btw..?

3. Dyre Straits

Re:

Well, I've been using ATI AiW and VIVO cards for about 5 years now. I've had excellent success with them during this time.
    Yes, everything is on and I reboot the computer. There's simply a "Not Connected" message in the Display Properties/Displays screen.
    I did find out this weekend that there are some parts that my son-in-law failed to bring along with the card. Perhaps those will correct the problem.

As for drivers, I usually use the latest Omegadrive/Plutonium drivers. I'm using the most current ones from ATi for Windows98 now.

Dyre Straits

4. peroni

peroni New Member

For this problem I believe there was an entry in the official ATI FAQ.
    I'm going to check it out, stand by.
    Edit: found it!
    http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3056.html

To solve this problem you will have to physically move the card into another PCI slot.

5. Dyre Straits

Thanks, I just printed out that page and wonder why it didn't come up during my own search for TV OUT problems.

OK. Me bad. I don't know why this didn't occur to me, but I guess we can't remember everything. :)

"The more I know, the more I forget.
    The more I forget, the less I know.
    The less I know, the less I forget.
    The less I forget, the more I know."