Radeon Software Adrenaline 22.5.2 Available

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Mr Cairo, May 24, 2022.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Is this related to that preview driver that comes with all of the performance increase?

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Mr Cairo

I have no idea, I was coming back to say that these tanked my install and I had to use the cleanup tool to remove and reinstall but choose to go back a set.

EDIT> decided to give them another go but this time I downloaded direct from the site as opposed to using the inbuilt down loader and they worked fine, possibly because I had done a full clean removal and install first.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    IvanV likes this.
  4. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Thanks for the info, it's always good to be forewarned.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I had been checking the past few days for updates and kept getting I had the latest version...

But, I read about your issue and checked and, the app did indicate a new version. I went ahead and did the app download/install and, there are definitely some issues with the version provided in the app. I got screen corruption on the main screen with vertical corrupted bars alternately across the screen. Then, upon Restart, it entered an infinite loop. I had to hit the manual restart button on the PC. After that, it took two more restarts using the TAB key due to no mouse cursor showing up.

At present, things seem fine.

EDIT/UPDATE:

This latest issue has created a host of problems for me. At present, I've reverted back to drivers released in January that actually recognized my particular AMD card. The newer version would not let my XBOX app open...all I got was a black frame with a pulsing XBOX logo in the middle. If I tried to activate my 4K screen, it went into a detection loop.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    Mr Cairo likes this.
  6. Mr Cairo

Had meant to come back and say that I had reverted back as I also kept having some mild flickering .. not game breaking but annoying enough to merit a rollback

Dyre Straits likes this.
  7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I don't know if anything was actually changed in the driver package. But, I decided to give this new set a go again. The result:

After first installation and a restart of Windows, some of the original issues showed up: No mouse cursor, my XBOX app wouldn't open.

I decided to simply shutdown, unplug the PSU, discharge the system, and then start up fresh.

So far, things are looking normal again.

EDIT/UPDATE: These drivers don't do well bringing my 4K screen out of sleep.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    Mr Cairo likes this.
  8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Ah the pains of owning an XFX card... honestly still don't know why you insisted on the torture.

Mr Cairo likes this.