Radlinker Looping HELL!

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by big_green_jelly, Mar 23, 2004.

1. big_green_jelly

big_green_jelly New Member

I am stuck in Rad linker looping hell... When ever I open any application it loads the install, and configs it about 6 times before it lets it go... I tried Re-installing the Omega drivers, uininstalling it, etc... never could get ride of it... wasnt until I ran Radlinker 1.005 and uninstalled it from there did it stop installing over and over again... I really want to run the Radlinker, but now I am afraid to try it... My question is, can I use the latest Radlinker with the Omega drivers, and if so Where do I get this? also is this problem known, and what can I do to help stop it if it happens again? Well I will keep trying... got to restart, and go buy wire coaxal wire for an install... I hope I can get some help...

Mike

P.S. I got a Radeon 9600 se (the cheap one) and a dual pentium 3 1ghz... Running Win XP with Direct X 9. I also have a second PCI (non-ati) installed, and have had other problems with it when triing to boot from it with the latest Omega Drivers installed...

2. Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters New Member

I had the same problem when I installed the new (4.3) Omega Drivers last night and every desktop icon I clicked on started the Radlinker exe. Was pretty wierd. I wound up uninstalling Rad as I don't use it anyhow so it was a big deal and it solved the problem.

My Specs are:
    AMD 3000+ 333FSB
    1gig Samsung PC2700
    HIS Excaliber 9800 Pro
    (2x) Seagate Barricuda 40 gig 7200RPM
    Creative Extigy USB soundcard
    DFI LanParty Ultra B
    WinXP Pro SP1

Everything Running @ Stock.

3. Sourcer_2002

Sourcer_2002 BANNED

same here i also uninstalled them....anyone know how to fix it?

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Try version 1.005 if you haven't already. http://www.radlinker.com/download.htm Remember to uninstall the existing Radlinker version before installing a new one. While I don't know wether it's a definite requirement it has been a recommendation in the past to do so, and it's a quick procedure. I have not experienced the topical problem myself.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  5. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

What version are you upgrading from?

6. ree

ree New Member

ChrisW, I think it is the omega 4.2 (rad linker 0.99 version)

After uninstall the omega 4.2 and install the omega 4.3, the problem occur.

Some said this is because a background antivirus software causing this prob...

I am having the same prob, i solve the prob by uninstall the radlinker after uninstalling omega4.2 and finally install the Omega4.3... This should help...

Anyway, thanks ChrisW for the great Radlinker program... And Omega for the Omega Driver...:)

7. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

I think I found the problem with the installer that causes it to loop over and over. Try the new version (1.006) and let me know if it fixes the problem.
    www.RadLinker.com

8. darckz

darckz New Member

Same problem

Im having the same problem with this looping of radlinker, its 1004 version and it keeps loopin its install like i ate his family and everyone he cared about, i had to cancel a lot of loops before I finally tried to uninstall it from control panel and reinstall the 1006 version see if that works, testing it now.

9. darckz

darckz New Member

same problem still

I chose not install radlinker as part of the omega package, yet i still see version 1004 being setup, wtf is that? still installing lets see after resstart what happens.

10. darckz

darckz New Member

okay here...

Yes, installing the new version of radlinker prior to installing the omega drivers fixes it. (just uninstall the old version after its finished its round of loops, then install the new rad linker) when installing the omegas again, just choose not to install radlinker, the problem with the new radlinker is you can't see the values of speeds you're hitting, its just 2 scales and you have to keep pressing set to see what speeds you're at. That's a flaw in the program I think and should be looked at.

11. Huigie

Huigie New Member

I think you cleaned your registry with a regcleaner. These tend to kill 2 strings:

Root : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    Key : Applications\radrun.exe
    Entry : {KEY}
    Value : {KEY}
    Last modified : 22.03.2004, 17:02
    Reason : Invalid item ("Obsolete software entry."), ignored because of the word "hkey_classes_root\applications\radrun.exe\" in the ignore list.

Root : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Key : Software\classes\Applications\radrun.exe
    Entry : {KEY}
    Value : {KEY}
    Last modified : 22.03.2004, 17:02
    Reason : Invalid item ("Invalid item ("Obsolete software entry."), ignored because of the word "hkey_classes_root\applications\radrun.exe\" in the ignore list."), ignored because of the word "hkey_local_machine\software\classes\applications\radrun.exe\" in the ignore list.

I use jv16 Powertools to clean the registry and set these strings to ignored.

Solution is to uninstall, restart en then install radlink.

12. big_green_jelly

big_green_jelly New Member

Hey

Well, Im not having anymore problems... I think I cancled the installation the first time... I am running a RegCleaner, but I dont think that caused the problem... Still cant get the second vc card to work, but I created a different thread for that... The RadLinker is running fine right now... very happy... maybe I will update it in a few days... but I am happy now... thanks for the help guys... Great Drivers Omega People... Catalyst Sucks... and without you guys I would be pissed about my Radeon (I would probably own a GForce)...