RAM identifier (manufacturer)

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by CDsDontBurn, Feb 2, 2005.

1. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

Does anybody know of a program that will identify what kind of RAM you have in your system? I know CPU-Z does in most cases, but on my sister's computer, it doesn't. I think sandra works, but i'm not sure, i gotta go try it. If anybody know of a program that identifies your RAM (manufacturer), please let me know.

2. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Rofl you realize the fastest way is to open you case and lookat the sticks....

Becouse those don't always work properly.... alo of companies don't make thier own ram they just label over other companies ram for example pny.... Could be many brands actually made the stick and the rams SPD info will match up with the actuall mfg not pny....

Umm.... I have tool acually a couple thier barried on cd's in unkown land.... I'm not looking judas referd me to a really good system info tool that did it well but i forget the name atm! something 32?

good place to look http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?id=9

It'd be better to just look at the sticks, the board, the ram chips, the label all tell you something!

3. CDsDontBurn

i know that looking at the stick of ram is the easiest way of finding out the manufactuer of the memory. BUT, there's a problem with that. The memory has an aftermarket heat spreader covering the identity of the memory. That is why i'm asking if anybody knows of a program that will identify the manufacturer of the memory.

I'm d/ling some of the tools you linked me to. See which one gets the job done.

4. CDsDontBurn

5. md5

md5 New Member

Sandra and Everest can also tell you what brand of memory you've got

6. CDsDontBurn

yea...i found that out earlier this morning. It's listed under "Mainboard Information." I always look in there to check out my CPU temps. I've always overlooked that cuz i always went straight to my temps :p.