Random freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by blibbax, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Doubtful. Just that experience has taught me to not rely on anything other than Intel controllers when dealing with SSDs or RAID... at least with the older controllers.

The other is that sometimes things can just mess up when running multiple drives spanning multiple controllers (I've had this very issue crop up trying to run SATA3 on the Marvell controller on my board), so I tend to leave everything on one controller unless I'm dealing with a good physical add-in card (such as LSI and the like).

2. asedsa

asedsa Active Member

Long time ago I had similar problem with old optical mouse, after I did update for chipset it has never occurred again.

3. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

And so far, so good.

I'll leave it a little longer to be sure, but if it is the GPU, I'm not all that gutted. The thing only cost me £40 and I've had that much use out of it for sure.

Somewhat annoying that it actually seems that you pay more for any given level of performance (sub £150) now than you did a year ago with used GPUs. The market is totally dry.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Well...if it was the GPU, it was an Nvidia GPU, which never ever fail. :rolleyes:

Hopefully you found the culprit and you can continue with your life. :)
    I would FREAK OUT if my PC broke down.

5. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Well, this is the first time I've been let down by an Nvidia, but I am aware of there record on certain chips (though GF104 is not one such chip).

Having recently used both AMD and Nvidia, I'm fairly sure my next card will be Nvidia. But honestly both are great.

Yeah, it is annoying.

6. hv05

hv05 New Member

What is your motherboard brand and version. It may be because of technical problems with motherbord. Also update your bious to the latest version.

7. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I already did, and my specs are to the right.

However, it now appears certain the GPU was at fault. A mate of mine tried it in his PC, and after about a week he experienced an identical issue.

My 560Ti arrives in a few days, hopefully.