Random photo of the day

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by Trusteft, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Again not my photo, but I found it beautiful.
    [​IMG]

Dyre Straits, Calliers and IvanV like this.
  2. Trusteft

I found some old photos I took with probably my first camera phone. The photos are from at least as far back as 2004.
    It's shocking how bad they look today and how acceptable they were back then.
    I will start with perhaps the best looking photo. My first, or second ever DAP. That is digital audio player, or better known as mp3 player.
    EDIT: NO, what am I talking about! This is definitely not my first DAP. I had another with solid state memory , I don't remember which one. Also I had a portable CD player which played mp3s, I bought that in 1999 or 2000. Two years before this was released.

[​IMG]pictures for forums

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  3. Trusteft

I think same phone, from within a car, Near Cardiff Wales, August 2004.
    [​IMG]

4. Trusteft

Another old photo. This one from 1997. Also taken at Aberystwyth, Wales. With a film camera. I don't remember the brand, but it was silver... I think. Also, unless I am mistaken, it used the aps (advantix) film format. It was going to revolutionize the compact film camera market.. It was good, but digital eventually gobbled everything.
    Anyway, you can see part of my then PC, a huge bowl I used to use for every meal, 4! PC speakers, bubble jet printer, Sony monitor, etc. The blacked out part is a person who didn't want to appear, ashamed of me I guess, in my account. (I uploaded this on my instagram acount) What worries me is that I can't remember why I had 4 speakers!

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  5. Trusteft

I took this pic for my instagram and thought to share it here.
    7 of my favorite horror films.
    [​IMG]

6. Trusteft

Taken on my then phone. A Sony K800i walkman phone.
    Terrific phone, unfortunately after a few years it died.
    It could take some amazing photos for the time.

This is Aberystwyth, Wales, circa 2009.
    God I miss this place. I miss the UK in general.
    So pissed off they decided to leave the EU.
    It's like having a brother or childhood friend decide to leave the town you grew up with.
    Anyway, I might upload a few more from that year or even earlier if I find some.
    I don't have many, but I have a few.

[​IMG]

IvanV likes this.
  7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

posted this retrofit of a system i did for one of my customers and people were in love with the whiteness and cleanliness.

Originally my customer bought a new computer from me in 2006, consisting of the very first generation release of the intel core 2 duo, 4gb of ram and at the time i believe it was a 160gb seagate hardrive, windows xp 64bit is what i had installed and pretty minimal gpu, likely a x300 or similar.

In 2012, they upgraded to windows 8.x 64bit and replaced the gpu with a 5770 1gb as everything else was fine.
    in 2015, they brought it in because it was acting up, the mainboard was buggered likely due to the lightning storms we had that year, luckily i had access to a LGA775 mainboard that would directly slip in. They decided to at the time, only replace the aging 160gb sata drive with a 250gb Samsung Evo sata drive as well since i'd be migrating them to windows 10 as it had just launched. In addition, the computer had been dropped when they were cleaning and it broke the case so it didn't want to sit properly without tipping over, so i happened to migrate it all into this coolermaster 690 III usb3.0 white case that i had on hand as well.

6 years later nearly, and the system was finally showing signs of struggle. 4gb of ram had finally met it's end after having been setup with that much in 2006, not bad i'd say. So with a sufficient psu still there, good case, and a ssd. I pulled their old board/cpu/ram. Since the 5770 1gb is basically identical in performance to a 3200g's APU's performance, yet lacking numerous features, it makes sense to go with the apu instead of stuffing the 5770 back in.

I exchanged the samsung 250gb evo for a m.2 970 evo plus 250gb at no cost exchange since there's never a point where the sata samsung won't be used, giving them a bit of a free clutter free upgrade. Swapped out the old coated and mildly aged rear fan for a new one (which happens to be argb).

Happy custom that only had to pay about half the price of a brand new one since the windows 8.x key and case, and psu, and optical drive and since it was exchanged, existing ssd were all viable yet, since parts are so hard to come by still.

Now currently it's just a single module, due to having to split up a memory kit due to lack of availability, the agreement is that when things normalize, they'll bring it in and i'll put a full 2x8gb in rather than 1x8gb, the idea was to get them up and running as quickly as possible, luckily i had it all ready to go in about 2 hours, after having ran a week of thorough stress testing on the cpu/ram/board/ssd in prep for this.

[​IMG]

Calliers, IvanV and Dyre Straits like this.
  8. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

[​IMG]

I've got no idea what business do those Yugos (Yugoes?!) have boarding a plane. Seriously, I have no explanation for this sight.

9. IvanV

[​IMG]

Let's see if anyone can guess when and where was this taken. Hint: it's the world's politest nazis!

Calliers likes this.
  10. Trusteft

Perhaps the were tired.

IvanV likes this.
  11. Trusteft

Canada?

Calliers and IvanV like this.
  12. IvanV

Yup! :D :D

It was a mock German invasion staged in Winnipeg in 1942 in an effort to motivate the people to raise funds for the war effort. If Day - Wikipedia

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  13. Trusteft

First I noticed City Hydro which would probably not be something in occupied Europe at the time. Then I noticed the store with huge letters "TORONTO" :)

14. center_table

center_table Active Member

A very peaceful photo. I missed going to a town and taking photos.

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  15. Trusteft

Not my photo. An official photo.
    It's my first love. I miss her so much.

[​IMG]