Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

why wouldn't it? It's not like we're some other forum that deletes accounts and such :lol:

If he's an oldie, what makes us currently active 2007 and older members? :confused:

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

We're oldies too, anyone who's been on here for 4 or more years is an oldie.

3. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War is tremendous fun still :)

I've been here 8 years or so i think, does that make me ancient ?

4. Calliers

I've been here 9 years or so, making me an elder.

5. Bolletje

Bolletje New Member

Thanks gentlemen.

Nah, I came by due to a google query and just wondered if I would still know my password. ;)

6. Calliers

So I got 10 dollars Riot Points today, bought a Pantheon skin so far, Glaive Warrior Pantheon, so far loving it. Was on sale for 487RP.

Next I want to learn how to use Volibear.

7. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I thought you didn't jungle?

8. niceguyrichy

*whoosh*

^ the sound of the last couple posts going right over my head :lol:

hmm, conundrum
    for the missus' bday, do I buy her what she wants, or do I buy her what I know will be a better fit for her ??

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  9. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

What do you mean under 'better fit'? For her desires or for her needs? If you think that it would make her happier, it's a bold move, but go for it. If it's something that you like better, then forget about it. As for the thing she wants, unless you really hate it, it's a good choice. :)

10. niceguyrichy

better for her needs basically
    she got it in her head that she wants a specific camera, whereas I know damn fine well that she'll only ever set it to 'auto' and never touch any of the many, many advanced features.
    which is why i want to get her a slightly simpler camera (albeit one that takes just as good pics), that will make taking the kinds of pics that she takes easier, and is smaller and cuter.

although now that I think about it, it's probably just easier in the long run to get her exactly what she wants regardless.
    she is woman after all... :p

11. IvanV

I think that you gave yourself the answer in the second paragraph. Also, you really don't want her to feel patronized by your choosing a simpler camera for her then what she wished for.

I just hope that her choice won't break the bank. Also, hopefully, it's not too bulky, because if she ends up snapping pics with her phone, I'd be a little pissed if I were you. :lol:

EDIT: Maybe you could get her reaction to the camera that you like for her and see if she likes it. Although, better not break your head around it, the best gift is usually the one that makes a person happy the moment they open it. :)

12. Calliers

I don't, Volibear can lane. :)

13. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

He's considered viable but underpowered for laning since S3. Meanwhile, he's an OP jungler. You should try it :)

I recommend Ciderhelm's "don't feed Volibear", and Ciderhelm's videos in general - https://www.youtube.com/ciderhelm

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  14. Calliers

Thanks man will do, about time I learned how to jungle.

15. niceguyrichy

think I'll just get her the one she wanted in the first place
    1) it'll make her happy
    and 2) I can steal it later on once the novelty has worn off :w00t:

16. Calliers

Richy, rumor has it you're a man with a bottomless wallet, is this rumor true? :p

17. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Telus... something that actually works outside of the city of saskatoon even down in my area.... actually entirely runs off the sasktel tower system.

Rogers.. what a pigload of total SHIT that company is... First they insist on using only their towers which means that you have a 5-10km range (at best) from the central (and only) tower (which resides i beleive on the west side of the city). 2nd, once you are beyond that point, you are in sasktel territory, at which point sasktel and rogers do not have any agreements, rogers refuses to pay/agree to any terms resulting in you being locked to that area.

I don't know how often i get people coming into my store and asking if there really isn't cell service around, at which point i calmly state that if they don't have telus or sasktel, they are SOL.

What's worse, the fuckers at rogers will point blank lie to their customers faces and get them to sign a 3 year contract only for the poor SOB to find out later that they can't use the phone they just bought AT ALL. Indeed these assholes have the balls to point to a map, tell them "yup we work there most definitely, no worries" and then snicker when their sucker of a customer walks out the door locked into a contract they can't even use.

Virgin mobile, Bell, Rogers, Fido, Kudo, several others i can't even think of right now have basically either ZERO range outside the major city, or in the case of lets say bell, extremely poor to extremely limited capabilities. I think kudo and fido both allow for emergency calls only, Rogers doesn't even give that option.

18. IvanV

Wow, I just spoke to a friend that I haven't seen in a little less than a year (as far as we've managed to work out). In that time, she broke up with her high-school sweetheart, met another guy, married him and she is now four months pregnant. It was a bit of a shock. :wtf:

19. Calliers

Dude, girls don't really care about their boy friend/spouse, a man's job is to give and a woman's job is to receive, the only boy a girl really likes/loves for the first and only time is the first guy she has sex with.

20. IvanV

One of these days, a girl is going to show you otherwise. :p