Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

^^^ That looks ridiculous......

"where did that small arrow that takes you to the latest post on a thread go .. it was so convenient?"

It's now a dot before the thread title.

Cow_160483 likes this.
  2. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

You have to hover over the thread in question and you'll see the most recent pages pop up.

My question is, where is the "multi-quote" button at?

3. BWX

BWX get out and ride

This forum color is burning my eyes! I need shades to look at it! WTH!!!?

Random vid I made yesterday.
    Check cloud at about 1:10.. very weird. Looks like it is melting or something.

4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

a smidgen on the bright side, huh
    dark theme can't come soon enough :)

5. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yes. Must need dark.

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

why?

it went from the tire sitting inside the wheel well and rubbing the inside of the wheel well to sitting up proper.... it'll sink an inch or 2 once the springs are worked in as they are new......

What looks retarded is the sheer excessive number of cars being made and older cars being turned into underbody rubbing due to being lowered to the point that the car is almost entirely undriveable anywhere....

the amount of damage done to even this vehicle already due to the sagging springs and sitting FAR to low is considerable.... reason it was my priority job this year to get that done.

The front springs need to be done too, so that'll bring the front up so it'll be sitting MORE level when it's all completed.

7. Tyrsonswood

It would make sense if you were going to fill those wheelwells with much larger tires, but you don't have the engine for that. Now it looks like those guys in the 70's that would jack their Dad's car up with airshocks just to look "cool" at the drive-in and then let the air out before they got home. Jacking the front up to match is going to make it look like a failed 4X4 attempt.

Your weight transfer is way to nose heavy as it is now. But hey it's your car, enjoy that...

8. Judas

thing is.. it isn't my car..

the horse power available under the hood is just shy of 300hp right now which isn't to bad.... and ideally a 15 inch rim outfitted with fat tires would be the way to go and potentially to be done in the future, but to get custom 4 bolt rums made that fit the axle as well as conform to the original appearance/design of the car (basically a upscaled model of the existing factory rim as seen in the picture) has the value at something rather steep.... There's only so much a yearly budget can deal with. The engine is currently just a 5.0L 302 4 barrel high output, a simple changeover could be implemented without any major modications of any type needed to bump the hp up another 25-35%, so there is plenty of room left for filling the wheel wells well enough.

But yes the nose is heavy, and like I said, that when next years budget comes about, the front suspension will be fixed and the car will sit significantly more level, not to mention the rear springs will have settled.... I expect the rear to drop as much as 1-2 inches from it's current sitting point simply due to them being brand spanking new.

However the major problem of modern vehicles and even older vehicles is the rear ends getting destroyed and rusted to no end due to gravel and debree literally tearing them apart, and considering the value of the rear end of these vehicles and the fact that trying to find a decent bumper in good shape is near impossible and expensive as all hell, a touch a little extra bump in the rear height is highly beneficial.

Again back to the budgeting thing, at some point the rear hatchback end of things is due for modifications for load leveling, with the battery being moved to the rear along with other things that don't need to be present in the front for better weight distribution, some things will HAVE to be moved to the back for the simple fact that rather than doing engine mods, a replacement engine is hopefully going to be shoehorned in, such as a 351 cleaveland or maybe we can squeeze a 451 W or Modified (modified will be tough but doable, considering it uses a big block V8 rather than the small block v8). Of course the dream engine to jam in under the hood would be a modern high output and significantly higher efficient engine intended for modern mustangs, something such as the reinvented Shelby 500 coyote QOHC, but I would be shocked if we could get that to fit without cutting up fenders to shit. lol.

Everything comes in time, the car sits currently with an overly aggressive stance agreed, but it's better than low riding bottom draggers, which means breaking things where it will be driven which is rural gravel and dirt roads with pot holes that I had to slow down and avoid even for the smallest ones due to bottoming out badly, now with the rear end perched up and with actual spring for the car to give rather than hitting rock solid, it would be nearly as dangerous or damaging to drive the vehicle.

9. Tyrsonswood

My '72 Duster used to sit at about the same rake as your after photo... But then I had N50 15's under there. F70 14's in the front. I had to build my own set of leaf springs to hold the 9 inch Ford rear axle and had "Hemi" spec torsion bars up front. It was Pro-Street before they used such names.

Your 4 bolt axles will never hold up to some of those engines you are talking about... Even a mild 351 C will shear those studs clean off if the center section holds together. I'd worry about braking and 5 bolt hubs before any engine swaps, hopefully a 9 inch center section axle if you want to stay with a Ford rear end. You are also dealing with a uni-body construction, better consider frame mods to keep it from twisting under acceleration with a big motor. Those particular model Mustangs were not much more heavy duty than the Pinto of the same time period... I knew a guy that had one back in the day.

I fully understand budgets, I've been poor longer than you have likely been alive.

Be safe out there.

10. Judas

And these all apply, I'm aware of the restrictions, the idea isn't to brake torque and destroy the car, not really interested in racing... There are mods done, there are 2 of these cars with 429 cobra jet engines with the 9 inch axels and modded 6 stud rims all souped up pushing well over 600hp that have managed to keep it all together for 1/4 drag races and still keep it street legal. Reinforcement 2x4 square steel tubing running from the front to the rear and so forth.

All a work in progress

the general idea of the car though is to keep it looking somewhat original though, though still powerful.... there are plenty of the cars out there running 351s with the standard axle and 4 stud rims without ever having broke them.

This car was raced for several years with i think 1st and 2nd place trophies still in posession, the rear end was changed up somewhat and the axle was modified (expensive bit) but in order to remain stock had to follow some of the stock specs to a degree rather than falling into super stock. The transmission is highly inefficient for mileage, as currently the sucker tops out at around 120-140km/h @ about 5800rpm.... 1/4 mile is still phenominal for it's size even with the engine in it's old and poor condition (wore out).

Things will be done over time, being my mothers car, i've invested quite a lot of labour and money already into the car, not to mention my father which got it somewhat road worthy 13 years ago. It's in dires need of a lot of TLC... but considering the lack of these specific cars on the road due to being mostly destroyed.. and ford considering it the bastard child they never wanted, most ford people HATING it, almost every mustang fan disowning it and even suggesting that it never existed.... it's by far one of the most difficult things to try and restore let alone improve. I mean i'm having a hard enough time tracking basic BASIC things, rear window latches being one of them..... i had to wait 2 years to get a special ordered rear hatchback seal..... worse yet is the 100 bucks i had to pay to get the hatchback rubber bumpers that no other vehicle appeared to have that would fit without being heavily modified and not sit right.

The nice thing is the cars value is finally starting to climb and people unfamiliar with this specific car actually seem to really REALLY like it. So at least near it's end of life and on its death bed it's starting to get some kind of appreciation.

11. BWX

BWX get out and ride

"The nice thing is the cars value is finally starting to climb and people unfamiliar with this specific car actually seem to really REALLY like it."

LOL, those are the only people that like it I bet. What i mean is, anyone who knows about cars, knows that particular model is a turd. My Uncle had one when they first came out, brand new off the showroom floor. It was a blue/white one. Pretty cool back in the day, when I was 5 years old. It would be a good car to do a complete "resto-mod" job on and put on completely different running gear and engine and steering and front suspension etc., because the stock stuff is all garbage. Those cars will never go very high in value.

BTW I also think it is jacked up way too high in the back, way higher than stock. Is the axle on the bottom of the leaf-spring or something?

12. Judas

that series of car was made cheap and whatnot just like almost every other car released in the same era, so it's not all that much different. It still won awards of design and such for the time.... 74 through to 80 don't exactly have a range of vehicles that drew much attention by todays standards.

It handles rather well, it's far from being considered crap.... but like everything during those years.. it was yes indeed considered crap.

The springs are underslung, axel sits on top, like I've said several times already, the springs are brand new and it needs to settle... it should drop 1-2 inches after about 100 miles give or take. Plus the front springs/shocks are somewhat shot and need replacing which makes the vehicle look like the nose is diving more than it should.

The most recent fully restored 1977 mustang 2 (without the cobra decaling) apparently sold for just shy of $30,000 which is pretty fantastic since there are chev and dodge vehicles that have a hard time hitting that price... but the car was pretty well matched up.

All depends on who wants to buy it, I know of plenty of modern mustangs that have been moved for under $2000 in great condition.....

Still the value of the car is going up due to them being rarer and harder to find in any kind of decent useable shape, and that almost all the parts for them don't have replacement made for them at all.

13. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

So am Happy to announce to all you HH guys an girls that I am GETTING MARRIED ON THE 2 nd of AUGUST 2014, wish me luck :D :D xD

[​IMG]

14. Tyrsonswood

Congratulations man... Be good to her.

15. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Congrats!

...or should I say.. sorry about your luck? LOL j/k.

16. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

wait. she does know that you're a cow, right ?

17. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Nobody's perfect. ;)

Congrats, Cow, best of luck to the two of you! :)

18. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

Congrolences Cow!

19. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Congratulations
    Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

20. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

happy days Cow, congratulations! :)