Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Judas, don't you think it's ok to feel a little bummed out by not getting a promotion? It's not like CD's is completely depressed and decided life is no longer worth living.
    You cannot tell me you feel completely unaffected when you work hard for something and the goalposts shift at the last second. You are right, feeling sad or overlooked serves no purpose, but I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling a little bummed but getting back up again and trying again.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

no that'd be redundant and wouldn't solve the problem that you refuse to resolve.

I expect the goal posts to never remain static.... so i can't feel bummed out for something that should be expected as the real world is never static, it's a dynamic existence... i would rather be surprised that a goal was met so easily.... rather than being bummed for one that should be expected to shift unpredictably or even for no real reason at all outside of "life". As i said, i learned this as a child... early on in life... brought up in the environment that forced me to comprehend this fact of life, and that it's a complete waste of time and energy bothering to be bummed over it, specially something so relatively insignificant.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
  3. Neshi

fair enough.

4. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Merged duplicate post

5. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

My nephew is nearly a year into his Backpacking around Thailand/Australia and New Zealand and sent me a video earlier today. Could not do anything like this personally.

But I thought I'd share it here.

Nevis Bungie in New Zealand.

Calliers likes this.
  6. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Not for me either. Doing something (seemingly) life threatening just for the sake of doing something (seemingly) life threatening - I don't feel the appeal.

7. Neshi

Was that in Queenstown?
    Personally I've not done anything like that yet, although a small part of me wants to.

In any case, the landscape is simply stunning :)

Calliers likes this.
  8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Have a cousin that did backpacking.. to which he asked me to go, to which i asked him how i was to pay for it..... this confused him.... assuming the money no object is my best guess....

9. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Yes it is the queenstown area.

He has said from the places he has been so far New Zealand has the best scenery so far from the places he has been.

Some of the photos he has sent backs it up. Certainly looks like a beautiful place to visit.

Calliers likes this.
  10. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

I have gone bungie jumping in South Africa and I have to say I enjoyed it very much, the thrill is just something you can't describe in words.

I should mention I'm afraid of heights too, but I still enjoyed it.

I want to go sky diving next, that would be tonnes of fun.

11. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

A friend took me to see a documentary about a Brazilian photographer Sebastiao Salgado called "The Salt of the Earth". The guy was an awesome photographer, but at some point he got fascinated with human suffering, exodus, injustice (probably in part because he grew up under a military dictatorship, before leaving for Europe). It's not for the faint of hearth, seriously.

12. Calliers

I hate to see people suffering, stuff like a mob beating someone to death, or a beheading or someone with burn marks, I just can't stomach it. Guess I would have made a bad doctor or surgeon.

13. Neshi

Awesome. I haven't done it myself, but I have seen people jump in Queenstown. The South Island is definitely my favourite

14. Calliers

I've always wanted to visit New Zealand and Australia, Neshi said I could come visit him, and when djstick was active he extended an invite as well. Hopefully some day I will. :)

(Thing is I HATE travelling lol, probably a result of having to do a lot of it when I was younger)

15. Calliers

Can't stop listening to this lately lol, oh Doodlebob hehehe.

16. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

17. Calliers

I am now level 54, General III in Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Multiplayer, 1 level away from Commander, just a little more grinding.

I haven't played any of the new maps yet, almost played one tonight but for some reason everyone left the room and I joined another game that was just Hunted which is one of the maps that comes with the original game soooo....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  18. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

My Thunderbird should hopefully be up and running by Monday!! :D

Tyrsonswood and Calliers like this.
  19. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Things are on the move for finding a new place now :) waiting for my landlord to do a reference check but she's away in Australia ATM so that's kind of awkward, I've given notice here and hopefully I can get into my new place in march :D

CDsDontBurn and Calliers like this.
  20. Calliers

Started a new anime called Divine Gate, it seems really good so far, only like 5 episodes are out but it's trending in Japan right now.

Also going to start watching Second Chance tonight, a sci-fi TV series, it sounds good. Apparently it's about some guy who is resurrected and not only is he much younger but he also discovers he has certain....abilities.

Still watching Naruto Shippuden even though it's fillers for a year or something. Also watching Teen Wolf, Super Girl and DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Started watching that new show Lucifer too, only 2 episodes out but it looks solid so far.