Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Lucifer seems amazing. I've only seen the pilot but damn, it's got everything going for it for me. Most of all, witty writing, which I really appreciate.

Quick read on IMDB for Second Chance, it reads like a similar show as Almost Human (which I liked) so I'll give that a try as well.

At the moment I'm rewatching Game of Thrones to catch up on everything for when the new season starts.

Calliers likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

Just got done watching 4 episodes of Second Chance and it is officially my new favorite show, it's pretty much a clone of Limitless but it's done better.

3. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

For the first time in god knows how long i'm not actually hung over on a sunday, gonna be productive and get some coding done

4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

the missus watches Teen Wolf.
    I've seen some of it over her shoulder, it's terrible :p
    ok, im sure it's probably good, it's just really really really not my thing :D

I've been watching a lot of sport recently, haven't started any proper new tv since Making A Murderer
    which, if you haven't seen, you just have to. however you get it.

I discovered a great trick for avoiding hangovers years ago mate. especially at the weekend.
    what you do is... you just don't stop drinking :D
    a Bloody Mary with celery for breakfast counts as two toward your 5-a-day <- true fact :)

5. Mousey

Or go out on friday instead of saturday and on sunday you can still be moderately human in the morning :p

6. Calliers

I think you could safely say it is for a younger crowd, yes, I am not surprised you're not into it. :p

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I'm down to maybe 5 shows i might watch... the rest are just terrible and majority seem to be pushing the "reality tv like" nonsense...

I still can't figure out why in the hell people watch walking dead.... my mind is blown by how incredibly ridiculous the show is and so many logic/reason/physics failures that even if you disregard most of it... still don't fly.

8. Calliers

A lot of shows aren't realistic because if they were, most people probably wouldn't watch them. Take for example what happens when you shoot someone in the head. In most shows there when someone gets shot in the head there is no blow back (except for Quentin Tarantino's Hateful Eight, but again that show people know it's going to be gory). So yeah, basically a bunch of lies gets put on screen, but as long as there is a good story I don't mind. I know I'm watching lies at times but I don't care as I want to see how the story unfolds.

Also I should add that I detest The Walking Dead and also don't see what's so good about it at all.

9. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

suspension of belief / brain & intellect also are absolute requirements for tv viewing

take one of the most popular shows in the world, and one of the most hateful.
    bloody, bloody awful The Big Bang Theory.
    I used to watch this, just to keep score of all of the times they massively, stupidly contradicted themselves.
    they would have episodes that entirely revolved around some key issue of Sheldon's supposed OCD, then 2 eps later they'd completely change it just to make some cheap ass throwaway joke :rolleyes:

lazy lazy shitty dreadful writing like that drives me nuts.

but ^ that's a whole different issue, that's crappy writing and crappy quality control.
    suspending belief, to enjoy something that seems improbable is a different kettle of fish entirely.
    Christ, I re-watched most of the first season of X-Files recently, and it was fantastic. again. if you start questioning everything though... you may as well just not watch tv in the first place.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Now this is a brilliant idea.

11. Calliers

I only watch certain shows, and enjoy different things in shows. I enjoy the time a show is near the end of a season and things are about to come to a head, I enjoy good writing, I enjoy good acting (I hate certain characters in some shows), I enjoy good special effects, I enjoy touching moments at times, I enjoy good animation.

Those are just a few of the things I enjoy and if a show has a few of them, or even better, a lot of them, I will watch it religiously till the end. I have found most people don't want to watch shows that make them think lately, case in point the cancellation of Fringe, and more recently Continuum and Minority Report. Most people actually enjoy shows in which their brain can just be in a constant off position. It's sad, but this just shows how succesful propaganda in the media has been at stopping people from thinking for themselves. A lot of people are incapable of doing any form of critical thinking in this day and age.

12. Judas

I was quite disappointed with continuum being canceled... finally a show that takes place not only in canada but vancouver... which really actually doesn't make a big difference... but the points they were putting across and directly relatable outcomes of certain factors that are completely legal today and actually happening... and providing reasonable logical outcomes years down the line that are very ugly.

I can suspend my disbelief for a lot of stuff... i have to... obviously... but when it's self contradicting and totally breaks it's own rules... totally breaks them... with no explanation as to how... no fathomable way to reason it.... then my opinion of the show/movie/whatever goes from neutral to pure crap if there isn't enough other weight propping it up.

13. Tyrsonswood

I enjoy not owning a TV for more than thirty years...

14. Judas

More people need to be cut off from tv..... but now more so internet too.

15. Tyrsonswood

Internet usage... 3 forums, email, weather, and reference searches for repair information... Very occasional news.

16. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Just finished Game of Thrones: season one last night...

Very interesting to say the least, Just do not know why I have not seen it when it were first aired..

Simply can't stand Joffrey, Appears to be a coward who appears to be thriving on his newly claimed power.. :rolleyes:

17. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Haha, just wait until you see the following seasons, you're going to love him so much more. :we_need_the_old_devil_smiley:

18. Mousey

Well this morning was fun, some dopey bint smashed into the arse end of my car at 20+mph at a set of traffic lights, she's completely split my rear bumper (all these euphemisms are killing me right now) and caused me an absolute bastard nightmare dealing with insurance companies. Luckily my boss is cool and let me handle it all with all the phone calls and stuff before even chancing stressing me out with any big jobs.

Car's getting picked up on Thursday, hopefully i can get my courtesy car the same day, and in a week's time all should be good and well again.

And the lass that hit me?

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  19. Calliers

Sorry to hear that Mousey, I'm glad I don't drive anymore. I was involved in two accidents involving women in the past and in both accidents they got off scott free while my insurance premium took a hit, eff it, I ain't driving no more when there are people on the roads that don't know how to. I kind of share Ty's sentiments concerning the subject.

20. Tyrsonswood

But I still drive...