Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

@niceguyrichy I'm glad you're feeling better now. :) I can only try to imagine the mix of feelings you're having about your girl growing up, but congratulations are certainly in order. :) Time does seem to fly, I'm celebrating 5 years with my current firm this Wednesday. I'm taking everyone to lunch (we're a small firm :)) and, apparently, I'm getting a voucher for a trip for two. :)

BTW, we've been having a cold spell with morning temperatures below -10°C for a couple of weeks. :confused:

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

meanwhile our temperatures this time of the year should be -30 with windchills well into the -50's.... and it's +5 to +10.... and ugly as hell out here.. all this brown and mud and disgusting ugliness... even christmas was horrible. Meanwhile asshats are cheering "what nice beautiful weather this is".... no it's not beautiful.. this is horrible, no this isn't opinion based, this is based on the fact that this is NOT ideal weather for this time, this is weather consistent with untold number of vehicle accidents, house/building problems, road destruction, and lets not forget something that is ALWAYS overlooked, it's destroying the farm land due to the lack of snow covering the fields resulting in the soils nutritional value being completely obliterated. Every day that soil sees direct sunlight which in the winter is the worst time for it to see it, results in millions of dollars of lost produce and costing us that much more to try and regain it.

Meanwhile old and young people (strangely more and more young people seem to be having this happen) are slipping on ice due to the melting and refreezing conditions that result in breaking bones or ending up with injuries more serious than should be....

Calliers likes this.
  3. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

thanks, I am.
    just noticed an unintended consequence of being sick as a dog for 2 months (well, the missus noticed tbh); I lost a ton of weight.
    the beer belly be gone :D :p

Calliers likes this.
  4. IvanV

Well, it is a silver lining of sorts. :D Still, all those years of investing in yourself, gone! Gotta start all over again. ;)

Calliers likes this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I've fallen a total of 2 times this winter, usually I fall on black ice once a winter, although you have to know how to fall, when you slip and feel yourself falling don't fight it, just let it happen, fall and put your hands out behind you or if you fall forward put them in front of you and try and land on your knees, if you fight it you'll end up breaking a bone or spraining something, you'll hurt yourself.

Also you have to learn how to walk when you feel that the ice underneath you is slippery, and most importantly wear shoes that have good grip for the winter.

6. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

or grab a bag of salt and spray it around like you're feeding chipmunks

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

There isn't enough salt in even league of legends and dota combined to cover all the ice we have here... nor does anyone have the strength to carry it let alone money to afford it.

8. Calliers

Yeah they do put salt on the roads, but all that does is rust cars.

I kid, I kid, it does help, but then you find yourself walking on the road if the pavement is slippery and that's no good on busy streets.

9. IvanV

The neighbours are jumping on the bandwagon too, not a bad attempt. :D

Tyrsonswood and Calliers like this.
  10. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Not been around much recently..

Due to having one Very Stubborn 84 year old Father who has not been well since Sunday, in bed up for two days due to a recurring infection. On the old Antibiotics. And no food for two days (Usually starts eating after that period of time)

Decided to go to his local Club that he goes to every Wednesday, Made it here fine but he does not think about energy or fitness. On the way back he had a fall, landed on his left shoulder and as broke his clavicle.. And has been deemed unsafe to return home..

So he is now going to go into Rehab asap..

Currently a little nervous, As this is the same routine from seven months ago, when I lost my mum..

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Hope that works out for you Mig... Take care.

MIG-31 likes this.
  12. Calliers

Sorry to hear that Jason, hopefully things turn out ok.

MIG-31 likes this.
  13. IvanV

Similar happened to my gran a few years ago, except that she fell inside the house and broke her thigh bone. We were lucky that the nursing home we got her into had a wonderful young physiotherapist, who eventually had her climb the stairs on her own, which was something she hadn't done for years. I hope that everything works out well for your dad, Mig.

MIG-31 likes this.
  14. MIG-31

I'm going to say thanks to the above posts...

Things has changed within 24 hours.. He has been on regular food intervals while he has been in the local hospital. His energy levels has increased dramatically to the point that the rehab team is now convinced that he will be OK to come home in the next couple of days..

He will still need a little Home help for a week or two.. (I'm fine with that) and he has a very good family who will help out as much as possible..

Much more happier now...

Tyrsonswood and IvanV like this.
  15. IvanV

Good to hear, Mig, I'm really happy about the news.

16. Calliers

Awesome.

17. MIG-31

With such a huge post count, This thread deserves a sticky option :)

Calliers and IvanV like this.
  18. MIG-31

My Sony Android TV received a Marshmallow update a couple of days ago.. So far it has ironed out a couple of issues when it were running android 5..

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

It used to not need a sticky option when it was one of the most active threads on the forums...

20. Calliers

We've only got a small community of regulars these days as opposed to what we used to have in the past.