Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

Definitely different in UK than here.

Interesting, thanks for replying!

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I am not in a very good mood..

Just after getting the Notice For Jury service, I had a run of bad luck...

A Few Days later i picked up a Notice of Prosecution from the local Police... I picked up a speeding ticket on the 27th of feb.. Simply for driving in the excess of the limit on the road i were on. It were a 30MPH road & i got penalised for 36MPH at the time... :( (The allowance is 3MPH over the limit)

It were a Static Camera, No Cautions are given by this method...

I have accepted the 3 points and the £100 fine (all Paid)...

My business Van insurance is due within the next few weeks, And the quote without points were cheaper than last year were cheaper than i paid last year...

After altering the quote to add the 3 points on my licence has added £79 to the quote... :(

And a month later i have my own car insurance will be due... Not looking forward to see how the price will be with that...

3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I sometimes open a thread and find an unfinished post. This time (here in Randomness), it just said "Nice!" I have no idea what it was about. Probably not the post above. :D

I finally gave my PC case a long overdue cleanup. I took more of it apart than I normally do, PSU, GPU, hard drive cages, front panel, case fans (although not that one which I threaded with some huge screws the first time and can't remove any more and I'm still keeping the 6 years old thermal paste on the CPU :rolleyes:).

I was utterly shocked to find bent pins on the front panel USB 3 header, two completely flattened and deformed and at least one more that didn't really look right (strangely enough, the ports worked). I wasn't too optimistic initially, but I was able to straighten them with tweezers and so far so good. In fact, the weird static that would build up in my headphones while using front panel connector seems to be gone. :)

Also, with the CPU fan chilling out, I was able to notice some slight buzz seemingly coming from one of the 80mm front intake fans. What a drop in noise level when I disconnected them "live"! I thought I had "killed" the hard drives, but no! For now, I'll leave the case as is, without those two fans. :)

Calliers likes this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I once got a number from a girl, called it the next week and it was the number to Alcoholics Anonymous. The kicker? It was from a waitress in a bar. Go figure.

IvanV likes this.
  5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

one of the many reasons i have no interest in women at a bar. Even my own sister has given bogus numbers out even if she was "leading them on".

Calliers likes this.
  6. Calliers

This was when I was 20 years old and unwise in my ways.

7. Judas

I just find it funny how often people often from european countries think a pub/bar is the proper way to meet women.... where as it's the worst possible way in north american, completely opposite from my understanding.

Calliers likes this.
  8. Calliers

It is the worst place to meet women anywhere. The best place I'd say to meet women is a university campus, otherwise just in regular places like cafes or whatever as you go through life is the best.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

So if I just stay home, then?

10. Calliers

You can use the net... that or Facebook Dating.

11. Tyrsonswood

I don't do facebook...

12. Judas

have you ever tried to stir up a conversation with a woman at a cafe? Like tim hortons or some little side street venue, you know how often they would look up at you wondering wtf your even existing near them for at that moment let alone trying to even talk to them. While plenty like to put on a smile, the shit i've overheard and observed and even attempted myself is arguably as bad if not worse than being at a bar.

I've raised this question as to "when, where, how, who, what" is suitable conditions to actually interact with a woman these days, this being a question raised to the copious number of people that say to those that have tried to talk to someone at any point/place in time that they were "creeps" and that "why would they even do that, that's not right of course they'd be called a creep" or whatever other potential claim that it wasn't right. The answers that follow are almost nothing but hilarious, because you can get a mass of people that all seemed to agree that one example is unacceptable for the most part with a few going "wait no, why is it bad?"... and then none of them actually presenting a unified example that they would agree on, eventually the outcome is that absolutely NONE of the suggested circumstances would be acceptable and they essentially state that men should never even exist around single women. It's kind of fucking funny really.

In fact it's so bad, even text messaging someone that you happen to know their number AND had to deal with them for a task/job/business is considered faux pas.

Kind of ironic in these days when no one is apparently supposed to meet face to face at all anymore either.

13. Calliers

Or, you can do what 95% of people do and just make male friends, then meet their girl friend's single friends, most people actually get married through either work's friend's friends or friend's friends.

14. Calliers

You can pray to God, he will send you a wife.

Or you can order a mail order bride, I had a work mate's friend who did that, he ordered a girl from the Philippines and she worshipped the ground he stood on. Still does.

Only catch is you don't know if you're in fact ordering a bride who was actually a boy before. They'll just say they can't have kids. Come to think on it that dude didn't have any kids. And they'd been together for like forever (there is like this operation they do where they literally turn your penis inside out, it is quite daunting).

15. Tyrsonswood

I'll just stay home... It's safer that way.

16. Calliers

You know what they say, "One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster".

17. Judas

there's not a whole lot of people with men with "female" friends... i've got plenty of women i'm friends with that are married.. none of which can offer any options

18. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I rarely went out with the intention of meeting a girl. For me, a good place to meet someone is wherever you bump into a new person and start a conversation more or less spontaneously and then you simply see what will happen. Sometimes nothing, other times, there would be no romance, but I would have made a new friend, and sometimes it would be a start of a relationship.

IMO, hobbies are a good way to meet people. They help you connect to people in a spontaneous way and you automatically have common interests and conversation topics. I was fortunate that some friends introduced me to social dancing and I genuinely got hooked for many years. Apart from really enjoying the activity itself (and staying fit despite copious amounts of sweets I ate), I met a ton of great people, including my wife to be.

Bars and clubs can work, but I've heard this from many women: "You know, I sometimes just want to go out with a (girl)friend and have fun, have a drink or two, enjoy the music... and it's just plain annoying when random people start popping up to try something. Although, admittedly, when it does happen that I go out with a friend and nobody approaches us the whole night, at some point I start wondering if there's something wrong with me that evening."

Calliers likes this.
  19. Calliers

^This.

Exactly what I meant when I said don't "look" for a girl friend, just make sure you have a lifestyle where you don't stay home all the time. You like model planes, build them and fly them. You like stamps? Join the local stamp collection club. You like fast cars? Own a sporty vehicle and take it down to the track. You like books? Visit the library. You get my drift. You'll eventually connect with people at these places and you never know if you're making a best friend, or just a good friend who will lead you to others.

A lot of times the friends we meet will invite us to parties and other get togethers, chill sessions or what have you where a lot of people end up meeting their special someone.

IvanV likes this.
  20. Judas

all my hobbies and activities tend to not provide any public interactions outside of my business. Having a sports car and doing work on it doesn't present options even when it's taken to a show... Sure you can interact with plenty of people but as far as making friends, that's going to be far as few between.