Rate 6.1's Catalyst Control Centre (not driver)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Stuart_Davidson, Jan 18, 2006.

?

Rate the new CCC (6.1)

1. 10 (Super)

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. 9

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. 8

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  10. 1 (Clark)

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

2. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

Expected .Net 2.0, still points to .net 1.1 - if this is as .net 2.0 unfriendly as the last set, I'll wait it out some more - I have other stuff that needs 2.0, and 5.11 is running ok with .net 2.0 - 1.1 always has it bugging badly at shutdown, the good old Broadcasteventwindow error, while the old Control Panel sets have been flaky at startup.

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Amazingly fast and responsive :p Very nice

4. IamLakota

IamLakota New Member

I gave it a 4,though it does appear faster it is still tied to .net1.1 not to .net2.0. I also have a question maybe Zardon or Catalist Maker might be able to answer,why does CLI.exe show up under task manager twice under my name,not one listing under my name and one under system like the ati2evxx.exe???? Other than that I suppose its ok.

5. INSTG8R

INSTG8R New Member

Mines working fine with just .NET 2.0 I made a point to uninstall 1.1 it before I installed these my computer feels the weight lifted.Now what'll happen is something else is gonna want it and I will have to reinstall it...

6. Spyre

Spyre New Member

Because it runs as a client / server so requires two instances (or 3 if you have the system tray enabled)

7. petri1

petri1 New Member

well it is fast and it is so good well havenĀ“t noticed any drawbakcs yet at least

8. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider New Member

Fullscreen 3D still doesn't stick.

9. blubb2

blubb2 New Member

talking about gamma, I'm a little dissapointed too. The last release gamma-hotkeys were working for me (sadly they never worked very well) was 5.10 CCC.

10. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Compared to other apps and their simplicity in creating individual profiles for games (3D apps) I can't give CCC anything above a 5. ATi needs to simplify how profiles are created/activated for specific apps.

11. twixt

twixt New Member

Large Font Support in CCC

I looked at CCC in 5.13 and checked it for Large Font Support. At that time, large font support (proper subwindow resizing to accomodate font metrics changes) was still incomplete. I see no evidence this has changed.

<Begin rant>

If ATI wants the CCC to be taken seriously by people running large-format displays (19" or better monitors running at 1280x1024 or better) - then proper, transparent and *complete* font-metric support in CCC is an *absolute* requirement.

No, I am not willing to hear various and assorted excuses, rationalizations and other specious BS regarding this issue. :hmm:

I want it fixed forthwith, *immediately* if not sooner -- ESPECIALLY IF CP IS NO LONGER GOING TO BE MADE AVAILABLE.

<End rant>

As mentioned in my previous posts, I was willing to cut ATI some slack during CCC Development in regards to font-metrics issues. However, if CCC is now being touted as a full-on-replacement for CP (with benefits) and the CP is being removed as an option -- then it is utterly ridiculous that the font-metrics issue remains unresolved. :annoyed:

Along with my own intolerance for this problem on my own personal workstations, I have boatloads of clients out there running ATI hardware with the large-font-option selected in their Video Driver configuration. If I tell them they have to put up with a goofy-looking CCC just because ATI won't do their homework properly -- you can *imagine* how well that's going to go over....... :uhoh:

I *don't* like it when a hardware supplier leaves me in the lurch like this. And you can *bet* this won't be something I try to minimize or rationalize myself. My clients will be *well informed* as to where the responsibility for this deficiency lies.

So - As I have said before - get this fixed.

twixt

12. elf-heaven

elf-heaven New Member

Need Control Panel...

13. Vermin

Vermin New Member

I gave it 1 because I have been unable to get CCC to work since 5.10 or 11 (XP32, ASUS EAX800-2DTV-256 RX800).

Tried all sorts of uninstall / reinstall ideas including the removal of .net 2 (ati support has been slow but at least they are trying to help).

Still no go.

Omega drivers control panel is a godsend.

14. ronnn

ronnn New Member

I gave it a nine, because for me at least it loads much quicker on start up! Did everyone get this gain? Loads so quick that I forget if I have omegas or the ccc installed. :w00t:

15. Rasta Monsta

Rasta Monsta Just an Average Joe...

Interesting, it loads up quick, but the "Advanced" view is BLANK.

:dead:

rasta