Rate Doom 3

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by No_Style, Aug 2, 2004.

?

Rate Doom 3

1. 10 - Perfect

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. 9 - Superb

17 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. 8 - Great

21 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. 7 - Good

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. 6 - Fair

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. 5 - Mediocre

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. 4 - Poor

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. 3 - Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2 - Terrible

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. 1 - Abysmal

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. HawK

HawK Banned

Well nice graphics...
    ...HawK going to play Unreal-1 one more time :sigh:

2. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

Re: Re: Hmm..

Got your PM. :D No, I never played CS... but I did play RTCW and I never had to write protect my script. Well, I hope HL2 satsifies people. Or else it will be more torn up very badly :lol:

3. Lchevy79

Lchevy79 -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

I just played 1 1/2 hours of doom 3 and i must say a very good game in my opinion the graphics 8 the gameplay a 6

4. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I got the same game, I just look at it for what it is- All the complaints are true, AI kinda sucks, it's all in hallways, etc... But it is still a very fun game to play, it is a scary game- especially if you have 5.1 cranked up and it's dark- (my girlfriend can't even watch it when I'm playing, and the sounds it makes scares her when she's in the other room!)

If you compare it to FarCry it isn't really fair because it isn't supposed to be like Farcry- I think what the point of the game is to scare that crap out of you in a realistic looking environment with top notch sound. I think it does that very well.
    I can see why people are pissed and don't like the game, but I'm just saying it has some good points, and I have fun playing it.

Sound is a big deal with me, most games today sound like crap-- even FarCry, it has good sound effects but they are way too soft and some are way too loud on my Fortissimo III- So all I can hear is the gun sounds.. Maybe if I had a creative card it wouldn't be like that- but the sound should work on my DirectX compatible sound card like it does in Doom3.. But it doesn't...

I think I just appreciate the hard work that went into the game and it shows in te final product. Even if you compare it to Painkiller, it isn't the same, I don't get the feeling I'm playing a Horror movie when I'm playing Painkiller, but I do when I play Doom III-

It's a matter of taste I guess, I just think they did a good job on the graphics and sound, and atmosphere-- and the the other stuff isn't so bad that I don't have fun playing it. if it wasn't fun I would hate it- but if I'm having fun playing a game, it's a good game..

Also if you think the monsters are too easy to kill, you should play at a higher difficulty level- maybe then it would be more of a challenge?

EDIT

This should be on the front page so more than 48 people vote on it-- It will be interesting to see the outcome with 500+ people voting....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  5. No_Style

LOL

Painkiller... Painkiller isn't scary. It's Serious Sam with a Horror Theme. I know I have weapons and plenty of ammo in that game. I concur, we need more voters.

6. NaumoJR

NaumoJR Paranoid Android

I haven't been posting because I've been so busy with various things, but I thought I should share my thoughts on Doom 3...

IT ROCKS!

It's and easy 9 or 10.

I hope that everyone didn't expect some ground breaking gameplay when they bought this game... I mean... it's the same exact story as Doom 1, of course it's not going to be original. It mostly just a show of supperior physics, graphics, and sound.

It does all of those perfect!

7. Ev!L-aLphA

Ev!L-aLphA | n f e c t e D

i give it fair.. i enjoy it and its pretty fun but its not THAT great just run kill click kill run :)

I just noticed when u finish the level EXACTLY like doom 1/2 ur in a room that in the end connects to the new level lol ! took me a while

8. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

I can't wait to fire the BFG9000 =D :D

9. edperks

edperks Life is Good

I think the game play is just fine. I think to many people are trying to compare apples to oranges.

10. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

I agree.

this movie, I mean game, scared the BEJESUS OUT OF ME! I could only play for like 15 minutes and then I had to quit because I kept jumping out of my chair. now you can laugh...say I'm wimpy...Honestly I am not. I love horror movies and I havent really gotten scared of anything(save for a near death of a friend this year) since I was a little kid. But this game...god it like hones in on my most primal fears.........

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. No_Style

Gamespot's Verdict is in.

8.5/10 - Great

Source: Gamespot's Doom 3 Review

12. blown503

blown503 New Member

I give it a 7. Which is good= good that its done. Its an ok game just as fun as some of the others Ive been playing. I sure am glad I didnt go spend a lot of money upgrading my video card or getting amd 64 chip just for gamings sake! I would have been upset for spending mucho on this game.

13. reno

reno Painlord of Ichor

cvsdv

You are sooooo right about this man, everyone was looking for this game to be Half-Life 2 caliber ultra-hard AI with huge intense battles with rockin' firepower and a fast paced gorefest!

Hate to break it to you guys, but I think it was meant to be a slow, get in your head, survival-horror game. If you aren't scared by it, you aren't getting the whole point of the game. Then I WOULD feel bad for spending the money. Luckily, I didn't over-hype this thing and expect a new grail in single-player tactical fighting and ruthless AI...I expected a freaky as shit game that was meant to make me on edge the entire time, to toy with my emotions, to immerse me in a hellish, REALISTICLY done environment.

I'm sure that in the future, all space stations will have extremely varying settings...and zombies will be smart enough to flank you...and demons from hell won't be all hell bent on just causing as much damage to you as they can...

:rolleyes:

14. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Re: cvsdv

Yes zombies are dumb, the AI is perfect for that..... but demons are actually meant to be clever - certainly historically and fictiously they are, they are beings from another world capable of breathing fire, casting magic and eating people whole ;). the demons in doom would be lucky if they had the ability to work out how to sit in a chair or pick their nose never mind working together to flank you from behind in teams. And what about the semi mutant soldiers, have they suddenly reverted to "im a retard ill jump on your chainsaw?" - obviously no semblance of a brain left in them either.

I always thought Doom was a mindless action game not a "slow, get in your head game". first time ive heard that said. You might not have overhyped it but believe it or not, without your intervention, it has happened ;)

You also seem to contradict yourself, how on earth can anything be realistic if the enemies you are fighting might as well be cardboard cutouts on strings?

Each to their own man, and im glad some people are enjoying it, I wish I did, but i found it hard enough to stay awake most of the time.

15. germanjulian

germanjulian Back in London

lol. I cannot play more then 40 minutes then I am completly borred. However faling asleep is an overstatemnt. dam zombies always jump at you from the dark

16. Dom

Dom New Member

Graphics - 10
    Sound - 8
    AI - 6
    Gameplay - 7

Overall - 7

17. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

DOOM 3 sits under my coffee mug in it's CD case, I needed some additional room on my HDD for a swap file so I uninstalled the game.

A slight dissappointment here - I gave it 5.

Graphics: 10
    Sound: 10
    Gameplay: 3
    Artifical Intelligence: 2

18. Geminiwave

I love how horrifying it is for me. Its just beautiful.

19. No_Style

Gameplay and AI are under the same category

So ..I don't know why people distinguish them differently :rolleyes: Possibly because they need to point it out? :lol:

20. Geminiwave

Re: Gameplay and AI are the same..

then you missed the point of Doom3