Razer Naga MMO Mouse Review @ DH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 19, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review Here

Today we are going to look at Razer’s latest offering, the Naga gaming mouse. It is designed with MMO games in mind, instantly noticeable by the number of macro buttons included. It also has an impressive specification to back up its gaming orientation, boasting a 5600 DPI precision laser sensor and a 1000Hz polling rate.

2. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

The mouse features are incredible although I don't like to have dozen of button that may be pressed by mistake. The price of the mouse is fair , however they must be joking to sell gaming surface for 50$ :duh:

3. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

The inability to customise the buttons is inexcusable, IMO.

4. vicsrealms

vicsrealms New Member

Looks interesting, but it also looks kind of awkward. I have to wait and see until it his a store so I can try my hand on it. Its an interesting idea. Although, I have to agree with comp_ali $50 dollars for a mouse pad is asking a lot these days.

5. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

I agree, with this.

However for $50, the price is pretty good, maybe they'll release a update to make it customizable.

6. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

The mouse is 80$ , mouse pad is 50$. I think you meant the mouse not the pad , right ?

7. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

As a WoW player, I'm not sure why I would want a mouse like thi without programmable buttons.

If I want to cast the spells bound to my number keys, I'd actually much prefer to use the number keys positioned just above my left hand than faff around with my thumb, a much less natural movement. Perhaps it woulg grow on me over time.

Having said that, if they could only make those buttons programmable... wow what an asset that would be. It'd instantly doube the number of spells avaiable without having to click an action bar.

8. LukeK

LukeK New Member

Lack of programmable buttons is ridiculous in a product of this price. immediately a no buy for me. generous review guys I would have been much harder on it.

9. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

Yeah no programmable buttons renders the mouse basically useless for me. That was what I assumed those all were when I first laid eyes on this mouse. Alas they are not I guess and that means i would probably never purchase one until that situation is remedied.

10. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi New Member

Well I bought the mouse, THEN read this review yesterday. Think I might have done that backwards.

Anyway, I played WOW with the mouse for a couple hours and found the 12 side buttons to be very usable. I was still a bit slow with it, but I felt confident in time I could master them. The ridges on every other row really help a lot with finding your way around.

But geez, not being able to program those buttons is a real drag on an $80 mouse. The back/forward buttons are practically usuable in their position, so it would have been nice to be able to reprogram some of those side buttons to act as Back/Forward while using Windows and the web browser.

Anyway, I do like that button grid, but hate the software. Kinda on the fence about returning it. Leaning more towards getting my money back though. I can't even fathom why Razer would leave out such a major feature on a gaming mouse this expensive.