Really Noob Question

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by rosemarycane, Oct 10, 2007.

1. rosemarycane

rosemarycane New Member

I recently purchased and downloaded Driver Cleaner to use on my Asus laptop. I have Vista Business x64 installed. I followed all the directions except I did not run the program in administrator mode. I ran the computer in safe mode and it seemed to work fine.

I selected all the ATI DC filters except all in wonder, hydrovision, and maybe one more. After uninstalling and restarting the computer, the generic ATI driver with Vista was gone. This is because of driver cleaner? Correct? The only driver it could find and use was a generic vga driver.

My last question is, could I have done any damage to my computer by doing this in safte mode? What about removing the drivers, does that screw up the registry?

Thanks,

Sean

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hi there and welcome to DriverHeaven.

Mainly the DC is used when updating graphics card drivers. And it will remove them from the system and their windows registry entry's. So now what you need to do is install the ATI driver that you need in order to get it work. :)

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

yes you need to run it in safe mode so you did that right and indeed the program will also remove the default ati driver from vista so that is not a problem.

Now you need to download the latest driver from asus and install that.