really strange anxiety attacks or something...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Geminiwave, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

So I'm not totally sure whats going on. But I'm getting really stressed out for some reason and I'll get these anxiety attacks where I'll think I'm okay but then suddenly I'll get really nervous or stressed and I'll just throw up. Its really random and I'm usually okay after the attack is over. but its really weird. Its actually part of the reason I haven't been posting lately. I just have been too busy and when I have a moment of free time the attack hits.

Its really really weird. I have things that could stress me out but its all pretty normal stresses. Theres some distress (work deadlines. but not unreasonable or unattainable ones. I've never been CLOSE to missing a deadline) and then theres eustress (my girlfriend getting back in town after shes been gone for a bit and we've just been having loads of fun) so I suppose thats part of it. but its really weird.

I don't get why I'm having these panic attacks. Does anyone know of good relaxation techniques? Cause I gotta tell you the closing my eyes and taking deep breaths is not helping much.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

40 of whiskey ?

3. DJShamrock

DJShamrock New Member

Ask your doctor if Xanax is right for you. Seriously. It works. Or valium. Or Cymbalta. Cymbalta helps btu its more from defpression.

There's a spray at GNC stores called rescue remedy. I have tried it and it didn't work for me that well. Maybe it will for you.

4. Geminiwave

i dont do drugs. sorry :-\

5. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

Meh, its mostly in peoples heads and adding chemicals like that is sometimes a bad idea. After all, we arent even sure of the exact dosing on any of that medication, or thoroughly understand things like xanax,valium, ativan (benzodiazepines) or zoloft,paxil,prozac, cymbalta (SSRI -Selective Serotonin reuptake inhibitors) , or that of a-typical antipsychotics like seroquel, risperdal, and abilify to name a few.

They are all dosed according to person, and no real dosage max has been established nor a normal dosing for people. Most Dr's guess at dosing, or start a dose and reevaluate a patient every couple of weeks based on their response to the drug. I would never take any of it just because of what alot of them mess with in your body, and the chemical balance of your brain :(

Being in the field, ask how many Pharmacists in their right mind would actually take any of that stuff :)

6. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

it's nothing. you're just worried about your wedding coming soon.

lol, but seriously, you should get your noggin checked out. then that way you'll be forced to take PERSCRIPTION drugs as the guessed dosage, :p.

7. Yousaif

Yousaif Allergic to WiFi

Start out by writing down what it is in your head when the attacks happen. What you are doing, what you are thinking about, and what, if anything, could have possibly set you on that course.

My brother was prescribed Luvox to alleviate his. At first they thought he might have a brain tumor, but that turned out to be not the case. That may not be the right way to go for you, but then again, if there really isn't anything setting it off that you can address, and relaxation techniques aren't working, then maybe you should see a doctor about it.

http://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Pa...668701?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186568286&sr=8-25 This book also helped him in understanding the issue as well, and has allowed him to lower his dosage.

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I recommend exercise...

9. BabylenTatarsky

BabylenTatarsky Rocks Your Socks

Holy shit! He came here for help relaxing and now you're throwing this down? :rofl:

10. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

anxiety attacks can be very serious and are an awful experience for those that have experienced the feeling. if you have a dish or digital cable there are a few digital music channels that may provide the relaxation you are looking for. listen to a few like nature or spa or some ambient music that can be soothing.

ativan works well but can be habit forming if taken for extended periods of time

11. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Responsibly prescribed prescription medication by an experienced doctor doesn't qualify as "doing grugs"... Most people will self-medicate eventually anyway, which is almost always worse. I would see someone about your symptoms and go in with an open mind about medication- you never know, there may be something out there that will work for you, or maybe the doc will recommend something else, like behavior modification, etc.

12. Yousaif

Yousaif Allergic to WiFi

Better to be aware of possibilities than to be ignorant to them.

13. Geminiwave

thats fine. and I'm not suggesting anyone stop taking drugs if they've been prescribed and they are taking them responsibly.

I don't take drugs. Especially not mood altering ones. I have my reasons for this. I rarely even take tylonol even if I have a headache.

Especially when dealing with matters of the brain, I prefer looking into relaxation techniques and behavioral modification or therapy if possible.

Yousaif thanks for the book suggestion. I'm going to definitely check that out. and as for the actual attacks, they're stress induced but its really weird. Usually its eustress that causes it. Distress tends to focus me more or something. I dunno. But with the eustress I'll just get really ill feeling and my digestive system wil be all out of whack. I'll throw up a ton. its terrible.

It just started up a few weeks ago. Though it also happened when i was much younger. My girlfriend has been really great and helping me out with it. She can calm me down really easily, but I'd like to be able to calm myself down so i can eat.

14. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I'm with gemini on this,

Enless it under pretty extravigant conditions (leg being cut off or something lol).... i don't take any medication/pain killers/whatever if i can, the body has a way of demanding something after awhile if something is continuessly given to it. Be it advil/tylenol, coke/food, whatever.

15. Geminiwave

yea. and I'm already addicted to caffeine. hahaha.

the brain is just a funny thing. i dont like messin with it. and unless its like a fixed term antibiotic that I need (like 10 days of penicillin) i really don't want to take it.

just so everyone knows. this is a personal thing. I'm not in any way saying that people who take medication are doing something wrong.

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I find this interesting:

Ok... Caffeine is a drug!! It is a powerful stimulant.. It is a "mood altering" drug. It could be the source of your problems, just something to consider.

17. Geminiwave

yea. but I've been on it a long time.

I don't think its the issue. but maybe it is.

the thing is I dont drink a whole lot of coffee unless its during finals. and now I have no more finals like ever again (yay!) so my caffeine consumption isn't so high. but I don't know. that usually doesn't do it by itself.

18. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 Because I said so!

This advice is coming from a person who's been where your at. Ask your doctor about Lexapro. It's one of the safest, non addictive anxiety medications on the planet. It helped me though a very dark period in my life.

19. Geminiwave

well I'll talk to my doctor. but im serious guys. I don't take medication. even caffeine I dont take that much of when i drink soda (though I'm sure I'm addicted to it)

anti-biotics are the only things I'll really consider taking. or painkillers if the issue is forced. but I'm talking I've taken perscription painkillers twice in my life. and over the counter? Maybe a dozen times in my life.

I think its stress induced so learning some good relaxation techniques is really the way to go for me. I need to figure out how to relax and unwind myself.