RealTek Audio Drivers - FTP server

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

ftp://spcust:hwwk758z@ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/

[Copy the above line into your Browser's address bar]

I had wondered myself why I hadn't seen any updated drivers for this in quite some time. I found this posted by Seiji over on Rage3D and got the latest update myself.

Sometimes it wont allow the Realtek HD Audio Manager to partake of an automatic start on boot into windows. If that is the case make a shortcut to the realtek control panel exe named "RAVCpl64.exe" on your desktop > right click the shortcut and add "-s" to the end of the target so it looks like this "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe" -s

Then drag that badboy into the startup folder in the start menu.

Boom updated audio drivers.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

interesting...

i've been suspicious for months considering that realtek was releasing drivers every so often.... 3 months give or take ... and then it just slowed down and dried right up suddenly.. the last update being r2.79's which is prior to windows 10 going live over a year and nearly 4+ months ago.

I've been using the latest realtek drivers released for various motherboards.. which ever is the newest always works on other even MUCH older systems (the oldest HD Audio realtek chipsets) which is nice... but not ideal if a newest latest driver was more commonly available.

Out of all the boards i deal with, Realtek still has the best/most reliable onboard solution out of them all... But onboard is slowly going unsused... as people adopt HDMI/USB devices.

What realtek REALLY needs to do is implement audio only HDMI output and for board manufacturers to provide it on their boards, allowing a person to output raw LPCM/Dolby/dts/bitstream of any kind in full 8 channels to a receivers so that the display output from a video card doesn't necessarily NEED to go through the reciever (this would also allow for future upgrades to be supported properly as receivers get old and don't support newer video standards rather quickly).

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

FWIW, the ftp link listed above is currently broken....unavailable.

4. Judas

yeah someone patched the hole.... luckily i snagged the latest one before then

Dyre Straits likes this.
  5. ep30rpg

ep30rpg Member

more like realtek changed either the username or password (or even both) at the end of October 2016

the onboard realtek audio on motherboards only sound good as the PC desktop speakers connected to it; hook up crappy desktop speakers and the audio would sound mediocre but hook up high quality speakers (like the ones from Altec Lansing, Bose, Harman, etc.) and you'll get very good results for your audio. Here's another link to a site with the 12 best speakers under $100-$500.

6. lalitntaparia

lalitntaparia New Member

Will it support in intel core2duo Processor?

7. Judas

Realtek's audio drivers support all thier realtek audio chips. It doesn't care if it's a core 2 duo or not.... if you go and download the latest high definition realtek audio drivers (which is currently r2.81), they will work on any of those high definition realtek chips. I've been installing the r2.81's onto machines that launched in 2005/2006 just fine (the very first realtek HD audio)