Rear=front issue

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by andixx77, Sep 23, 2012.

1. andixx77

andixx77 New Member

Hello. I am beginner user of kX Project. My system is Windows 7 64bit, and my sound card is SB Live 5.1 SB0060 10k1. Drivers working great with standard SDP settings but i have one problem, meybe its a known issue but im not sure. I have plugged two stereo speakers to black output, and two speakers to green output (i am using rear=front to have sound from both outputs at the same time). When i set 4.0 rear=front (surround:copy) in Surrounder+ i have "echo" effect related to volume. When i opened Peak i found something strange.. the volume in left and right speaker is different. One speaker is louder -3db ..on both outputs. When i disable rear=front the problem doesnt exist anymore but i have only black output working... Also disable "Stereo Chorus" in SDP helping fix this issue and i can again use rear=front. After disable Stereo Chorus the sound is perfect clear and all speakers have the same volume. Does this mean Stereo Chorus plugin causing this ?? This is known issue ?? What is most interesting "echo" sometimes just disappear without disable Chorus but after pc restart problem is back. Sorry for my very bad english.. Let me explain again. With settings 4.0 rear=front i have "echo" and one speaker in both outputs is louder. When i disable Stereo Chorus OR just disable rear=front and set standard 2.0/5.1 Direct Path the problem is gone and speakers have balanced volume and play equally. Latest alpha 3551 doesn't solved the problem.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

You can always remove the reverb and chorus and then save the DSP as default so it loads without them the next time you start up the system. I haven't run into this particular problem myself though. Setting surround to OFF doesn't fix this?

3. andixx77

andixx77 New Member

Thanks for your answer. Yes, setting surround to "off" fix this. As i said before problem only exists when surround is set to "copy". It seems that I have to permanently disable the "chorus" to all four speakers to work properly.. I will turn off Fx Mix2 and Reverb Lite also. I just thought that someone knows this issue, and maybe have a solution to set "copied" outputs working properly without disable the plugin. Anyway, the drivers are awesome!

4. andixx77

andixx77 New Member

Fixed! I found where is the problem ! FxMix2 plugin causing those issues.. I have connect directly from FxBus > Stereo Chorus >Xrouting without using fxMix2. Now stereo chorus and other effects works flawlessly !! By the way, now also works Reverb Lite.. Now I pointed this out.. previously didnt even worked.. Now i have my latest question.. Is there any other plugin similiar to FxMix that I could use as an alternative ??