Record audio through S/PDIF Bypass mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crystallization, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Crystallization

Crystallization New Member

HI again.

I'm trying to record some music from my Nintendo Wii onto my computer using the "Toggle 'S/PDIF Bypass' mode" setting but I can't seem to get my Creative WaveStudio to recognize the signal. It plays the audio just fine from the Nintendo Wii through my receiver to my computer's Line-In and back out to my receiver and it works great. So how can I go about recording this signal? Your help will be much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be "Direct SPDIF Recording" instead of "SPDIF Bypass"?

3. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

The op is also saying that he uses "Lint-In" - and that's confusing (i start to think that it has nothing to do with S/PDIF at all and he just needs to record plain Line-In)

4. Crystallization

Crystallization New Member

Oops. I meant to say Line-in but somehow I pressed T instead of E. :rolleyes:

I tried recording directly from the Line-in but for some strange reason, unless my ears deceive me the quality of audio isn't as good as it sounds through the "Toggle 'S/PDIF Bypass' mode", even if everything were to be muted the signal still comes in. I just wanted to know if I could have the computer pickup that signal so that I can record it to a wave file.

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I am sorry, I do not understand. SPDIF Bypass has nothing to do with Line In, it's purpose is to route signals from an SPDIF input directly to an SPDIF output, bypassing the DSP, etc.