Recording technics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blento, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Blento

Blento New Member

Ok...i got problem..and got very confused with all those effects..!!!:.

1. What is the best DSP configuration for guitar recordings?
    I have to connect directly guitar to BOSS distorsion and then into MIC input.
    I heard that i have to use TUBEsound to get some effect to get sound like connected MIC and put it in front of an AMPLIFIER?

2. When i record AUDIO multitrack, it seems to me that one sound ( freequency ) goes one over another (dont know how to put this in english) , so i cant hear "rich" sound.
    For example..if you listen some CD frome stores, at all the times you can hear every tone from every instruments, but when i record on my computer..i cant get that....???

I read somewhere that i should use some filters or something...but i didn't figure it out right!!!

SO CAN YOU HELP MEEE!?!?...PLEASE:duh: :duh:

2. stamvas

stamvas me-myself & I

Try panning sounds

As far as I know recording industry uses multiple hardware to succeed in producing rich sound, as you mentioned before, every sound is audible clearly. With cheap PC sound cards it is hard to get this sound, because of the poor dynamics, though I believe you can produce a good sound with an Audigy. The elementary secret is to pan the sounds in the correct position so that the sounds can be easily spoted in the stereo image, don't use too many sounds in the same scale of the sound spectrum to avoid "overlapping". Spread the notes as much as possible in different octaves and use different sounds rich in harmonics. At last you can experiment with different filters in wave editors such as stereo expanders or dynamic and parametric equalizers.

Hope I've given some help...

3. Blento

Blento New Member

hi..thanks for help...but i have some questions..
    :rolleyes:

"The elementary secret is to pan the sounds in the correct position so that the sounds can be easily spoted in the stereo image, "

you mean after i record for etc to pan one guitar
    on left side and the another to the right side?....

"don't use too many sounds in the same scale of the sound spectrum to avoid "overlapping". " ...

well this is quite difficult to make songs and that every one has different scale...

"Spread the notes as much as possible in different octaves and use different sounds rich in harmonics. " ...well i think that this is difficult too.. ;)))

"At last you can experiment with different filters in wave editors such as stereo expanders or dynamic and parametric equalizers." ..i tryed this but it seems to me that most of those equilizers doesnt work :sigh: ....:(

4. stamvas

stamvas me-myself & I

Yes you understood right, the panning should be done after recording during the sequencing. Especially guitars, that are located in the center could "cover" one another. Try to give a liye effect of reverb or delay or chorus even but it should positioned at the oppositte channel. As for the harmonics & scales it depends on how many time you can spend experimenting (I mean jamming) with your guitar to find different rifs.
    Anyway, and because I'm not an expert but I'm experimenting to maybe you'll find solutions in a more specific forum like www.audioforums.com or try engine searching :cool:
    Don't stop!