redocneXk released - Realtime 5.1 ac3 Encoder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tril, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

It is hard to say what might be the problem. Again, redocneXk does not make any changes to your system, and if you check the Task Manager you should be able to see if it is running or not.

You only mention the one game. What happens with other games, or music, etc? If you do a search about audio issues related to that game, you will see that other people have similar issues, so maybe it is just something related to the game.

As for your receiver showing a DD 5.1 signal, I do not know. Are you sure it is not just a mode setting you are seeing?

Your sound card should have some kind of toggle to enable/disable AC3 passthru, if you disable it, then that should rule out any issues related to software (that might be encoding the signal) on the PC, etc.

EDIT: BTW: Without AC3/DD encoding the receiver is only going to get 2 audio channels, so make sure that either the game is configured for a stereo setup, or the sound card is configured to downmix to stereo (as otherwise you can expect to be missing some sounds/channels).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. gtardirt

gtardirt Member

Hi -
    Is it normal that creative asio drivers are no longer available when kx drivers are installed? I've somehow gotten the sense that some of the redocnexk users contributing to this thread have both to choose from when running that program. For me, if I choose creative drivers in redocnexk, I get a message that there are no creative drivers. I was thinking that maybe using the creative asio drivers would solve the problem I'm having.

I have an SB0095 (oem) card and have spent days trying to get redocnexk to work properly, but I have yet to get good results. What it boils down to I think is that I can't use the spdif output in the program while also using the spdif output as the Windows Vista system's audio output. I simply get no sound. If I use the Creative Audigy Master Mix output, I get a very screechy distortion. I've tried reducing the volume setting in redocnexk, but that didn't solve the problem. Those are the only AC3 capable outputs I have. I should probably say that while I get no sound, my receiver does indicate that redocnexk is delivering a DD signal when I run it. And the distorted sound I mentioned - even though distorted - is DD.

I'll continue to work on this and read this long thread to look for ideas, but if anyone has any suggestions while I do so, I'd be grateful for your input. thanks...

3. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

Îòâåò: redocneXk released - Realtime 5.1 ac3 Encoder

Is it normal that creative asio drivers are no longer available when kx drivers are installed?

Yes. Drivers require exclusive access to the hardware so you can't use both simultaneously (i.e. none of Creative things work if you install kX driver and none of kX works if you install Creative drivers).

4. gtardirt

gtardirt Member

Re: Îòâåò: redocneXk released - Realtime 5.1 ac3 Encoder

Thanks for clearing that up.

So has anyone been able to get the Creative spdif to be the output for redocnexk when it's simultaneously their system's audio output. Is this maybe something that can't be done if Windows Vista is your operating system?

5. Dragar

Dragar New Member

Does anyone have a backup of this program? I'd love to try it out with my external spdif sound card.

6. Dragar

Dragar New Member

I hate to double post, but it's impossible to find this file anywhere, please could someone upload a backup or send it to me via pm?

7. Sully56345

Sully56345 New Member

8. Fletch2

Fletch2 New Member

Thanks for the link!!