redocneXk released - Realtime 5.1 ac3 Encoder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tril, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I cannot test it out myself as AC3 pass-thru does not work with my card (and I do not have a receiver) but I do not know why it wouldn't work (unless maybe kX can't handle more than one AC3 stream at a time). One thing I did notice is if AC3 pass-thru is enabled in kX when PowerDVD is opened, then PowerDVD shows 'SPDIF Output Device: Not Detected', but that is not related to redocnexk. I think enabling 6 channels is having your software decode the AC3 stream, instead of kX, and then redocnexk re-encode's it. BTW: Why would you have redocnexk running if you want to output a signal to SPDIF that is allready AC3 encoded?

2. Yakuza696

Yakuza696 New Member

Because I installed redocnexk as a system service and I'm setting up my system to do all the output transparently.

At the moment seems the only solution, i wonder if there is something that can be done in dsp, unfortunatly I'm really a newbie with kX drivers.

3. Yakuza696

Yakuza696 New Member

Anyway it doesn't seem to run very well as service (I tried with firedaemon).

4. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

Each SPDIF stream contains a "data stream number". By using different data stream numbers, you can have many SPDIF streams at the same time. That's the theory but I don't know how the kX drivers react to using many data streams numbers at the same time or if it even works for data streams numbers different than 0.

The version 1.01 of redocneXk has the data stream number 0.

The test versions 1 and 2 (available in the first post) have the data stream numbers 1 and 2.

I suggest that you try to use the version test1 or test2 instead of the normal version. Maybe it will make it possible to use redocneXk at the same time as something else like a DVD player. Report back to tell me if they work without and with the DVD player.

5. Yakuza696

Yakuza696 New Member

I tried with test1 and 2, powerdvd can't see spdif and avi+ac3 can't be played too :/

EDIT: test1 and test2 didn't work at all on my system, no audio at all and anyway same spdif not detected in powerdvd.
    I don't know if it helps, but when i enabled my realtek on board ac97 with spdif out, with redocneKx running, powerdvd detected the spdif of my realtek as it was the audigy one and in fact i was able to ear the dvd audio with my second optical line on the dvd decoder.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  6. Tril

Did you think of putting the file avcodec.dll in the same folders as the test versions?

If you did, thank you Yakuza696. Nobody reported yet if test1 and test2 worked. Now I know that it does not work for one person.

It look like that what you are trying to do won't work.

7. Yakuza696

Yakuza696 New Member

Yes the dll was in the dir, infact the program started with no errors but no sound at all and no digital led turned on my ac3 decoder.

No problem man, i'll start it manually when i need it, thanks for your work and i'll be here to test if you need help ;)

8. radiocolonel.it

radiocolonel.it New Member

9. Tril

You don't have to tell me what is your cpu anymore for me to make an optimized
    dll. I made three new optimized dlls and I think that they should be enough to please everybody.

They are :
    SSE
    SSE2
    SSE3

10. Yakuza696

Yakuza696 New Member

So i should use SSE2 .exe and SSE3 ddl ?

11. Tril

Probably. Sorry if I can't be more specific. It's all untested.

You can use any of the exe with any of the dll.

12. Yakuza696

Yakuza696 New Member

Unfortunatly SSE2 and SS3 dlls are causing a crash of the program when i start it.

13. Tril

It look like all the optimized dlls don't work. I'll have radiocolonel.it remove them all.

If a user succeeds at making an optimized compilation of avcodec.dll that uses SSE, SSE2 or SSE3, I would like this user to share with us how he did it.

14. radiv

radiv New Member

Is it possible to integate this feature into the sounddriver? And make a switch in the master mixer?

I'm currently writing a Norwegian guide how to use your files at vidiware.com. May I host the files on my website?

15. Tril

No. At least, not right now. If it was done, it would be by Eugene. I don't mind sharing my code with him but he is a very busy person so it would take months (or years ;) ) if we asked him to do it.

You can host the file redocneXk_v1.01.zip but don't host the other files. They don't work and I'll remove them shortly.

16. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

@Tril

Even tho I cant fully test if sound comes out..

I tested ALL combinations of .EXE's and .DLL's (except SSE3) (on P4 630 1GB DDR2 WinXP SP2)
    They all crashed on me (p.s. I didnt reboot after each crash tho - according to billy, this shouldnt matter... har har.. eh hem)

V1.0.0 did work v1.0.1 does not for me.

17. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

@Maddogg6
    v1.0.1 came with 1 .dll and 3 .exe's. Which .exe did you try with v1.0.1?
    Only the SSE2 .exe gave me problems and my processor does not support SSE2, so...

18. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Confirmed - 1.0.1 does not work for me in any combination.

It crashes - and gives a report, tells me its saving crash data in a text file - but text file doe not exist and I cant copy-paste from the report either. sorry :(

19. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

I tried all exe's in v1.0.1

20. Tril

Maddogg6, I never got a crash like that myself and there is not much difference between the two versions. I don't see what could be the culprit.

You are also the first person to report that this version crashed with the basic exe and dll.

Can you run cpuz and tell me what instructions your cpu supports? Does it support MMX?