redocneXk released - Realtime 5.1 ac3 Encoder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tril, Nov 17, 2005.

1. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

this only works on 10k2 (audigy/audigy 2) boards currently, sorry

2. rapt0rdizzle

rapt0rdizzle New Member

Is there gonna a release for the Live! 5.1? I have this card with a digital amp and this seems like the only program that can encode the sounds. Or will i have to go out and get a C-Media Oxygen or something?

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

redocneXk does work with Live! 5.1 cards. The issue is that AC3 passthru does not currently work with EMU10k1 based cards. That is a kX issue and not an issue with redocneXk.

4. ojlehtin

ojlehtin Kx User

Bummer.

Out of the blue redocneXk has stopped workin. As I try to run it, I get: "redocneXk.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The biggest change in my system is, that I moved it to another room. Only hardware changes are, that the usb-devices are probably in different slots now. Any ideas? Oh, I did install Cubase a while ago.

5. setite

setite New Member

ok i only have my audigy2zs for another few weeks. i plan to replace this non-dolby encoding pos with the new bluegears hda digital x-plosion. i made that decision before finding your product, but i still plan to buy one. in the mean time i would love to get this working. i installed the kx drivers but when i run redocnexk i get a popup saying something about no asio device found... for the record this thing worked with my creative drivers except the audio stuttered like hell... but i did get an ac3 signal to my receiver. so yea i dont understand what i'm doing, and i've read the readme and the threads but i dont see any ASIO0-5 or anything like that on my DSP.... so I have no idea how to work this all... please explain in idiot terms.

6. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

Take a look at the pictures posted in the first post. The wires going from the Surrounder to asio0-asio5 are shown circled in red.

I don't know why you get a popup saying that you no asio devices are found. When you install the kX drivers, it installs the kX ASIO driver. Try to go to the ASIO control panel (right-click kX icon >> Setings >> ASIO Control Panel). Maybe you need to go there at least once to get ASIO working.

7. setite

setite New Member

thanks for the fast reply... ok ive got that all the thinks linked to asio0-6 or whatever.... now i am gonna try and run it... but i dont have all the same setting in my asio control panel...

ok here is my error

"There are no creative products installed and running on this system that support ASIO"

8. setite

setite New Member

perhaps since i haven't successfully removed my creative drivers?

ok found the issue here on the forums... i needed to unregister my creative asio driver....

navigate to c:\windows\system32 in the command line and execute the following command

regsvr32 -unreg ctasio.dll

now it runs... but its not actually working.... hehe... it worked back when i tried it on the creative drivers... just skipped on everything

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  9. setite

setite New Member

im dinking around with settings.... with passthru off im getting an ac3 decode icon and echo... wiht it on i get the passthru icon but no sound.... ok more dinking and i think it must be linked to the spdif1 problem.... is there anyone else with an sbaudigy 2zs that has this working???? i suppose ill see if i cant get the mce frontend to pass ac3....

10. Tril

Try AC3 passthru with a DVD to see if you can make passthru work. If using VLC, in the menu go to Audio >> Audio Device and choose "A/52 over S/PDIF" in Audio.

11. setite

setite New Member

ok yea thats my issue... im not getting ac3 to passthru on VLC or on my MCE frontend.... it worked with creative drivers.... so what does this tell us? i dont mean that as a kX insult. i mean what does that mean, did i install wrong or is this a common error i need to figure out?

12. setite

setite New Member

also to second a question i think i asked earlier.... is it linked to the fact i have no spdif 0.... i only have spdif 1, 2, and 3....

13. setite

setite New Member

ok i also dont have that digital out only button on my driver... what gives...

edit: ok searching the help files shows that 10k2 drivers dont have that function... not sure why when the creative drivers did.... i hope that isnt it... but there are other sbaudigy2zs users with this workign right.... i need to get ac3 passthru to actually passthru

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  14. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

If other USB devices had a AUDIO driver - the list of drivers could change 'order' and require a different driver reference.

I made the mistake of forgetting to run the BAT file I made to select KX ASIO - dbl clicking on the EXE uses 'first on the list' device, which KX ASIO driver isnt the first of the list on my machine..

I prolly drove poor tril nuts when I did this trying to test SSE/SSE2 versions.

15. Tril

setite, I have some questions for you.
    What version of the drivers did you install?
    What is the name of the card as found by kX? (This is written on the bottom right of the mixer and DSP.)

16. setite

setite New Member

filename of installer is kxdrv3537-full i tried to grab the latest.

and the driver reports as SB0350 10k2 [dcc0]

17. setite

setite New Member

ok then... well i guess it was worth a try.... im going back to the creative drivers since i cant even get passthru to actually work...

18. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Did you happen to make extreme changes in KX ROUTER?

19. setite

setite New Member

didnt do anything but what was stated in the first post of this thread... i guess its worth it to note that i cleaned off kx... installed creative again and now my passthru is broke with those drivers.... lucky me... i installed kx so i could have software ac3 until the bluegears xplosion comes out... and i succeeded in only ruining the little ac3 support i did have...

20. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Try using DriverCleaner Pro to remove all traces of both the kX driver and the CL driver, and then re-install which ever driver you want to use (if you try kX again, I would try a newer version as I am not sure if 3537 fully supported the A2zs or not, The 3538i download is here).