Remember the days where you could get goodies with a GPU?

Discussion in 'INNO3D Forum' started by INNO3DMax, May 13, 2022.

1. INNO3DMax

INNO3DMax New Member Staff Member

I remember from when I was younger, you could get games or items in the box of the GPU,
    like a mouse mat, We currently have a thing where you can win a steam voucher if you leave a review.

Any ideas what you would like to see inside the box next to a GPU:)

BoxB.0.jpg dabd277e-83b8-479f-ad96-2ca4b471d4ba_1.883ea56c7c6dfb0866e0de2366b5f09c.jpeg

Mr Cairo likes this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

TBH I am not fussy anything free and I am happy. Got Quake 2 first 3 levels with my Voodoo 3dFX card wayyyyyyyyy back in the day and was very happy.

Tshirts, Stickers, Discount Vouchers, Free access to DLC would all be cool

Calliers likes this.
  3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

IMO the "free" stuff bundled with gpus or cpus or anything are not appealing. Some packages came with subscriptions or bonuses of sorts for certain things. The vast majority of people couldn't care less about it, and often end up chucking them. The rest will often try and SELL the thing to anyone.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  4. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Honestly, I don't know. I remember how my Radeon 9800 Pro came with all sorts of goodies: Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, I think that there were also some demos and the obligatory Cyberlink package. All in all, I think that there were more than 10 CDs and it was certainly impressive and made the product feel premium.

On the other hand, I kind of feel that all that must have added to to the cost, while not being what every gamer wanted so the other half of me is saying "Just give me the card that I chose and maybe an adapter I might need (and I guess I still expect to find the drivers in the package, omnipresent Internet or not) and that's all that I really want!"

Perhaps it's not a bad idea to throw in a redeemable code that allowes the card owner to chose one from a selection of games (like I think AMD did a couple of years ago), or perhaps a voucher for an online store, after all, we are buying a gaming card.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Last time I received something free with hardware was my PC before this one, I got just Xbox Game Pass 1 month vouchers with this one which were tied to the hardware parts themselves and seeing as I have already got Game Pass Ultimate, didn't find them very useful.

The PC before this one I got The Division 2 with my processor (AMD Ryzen 7) and Anthem (my MSI Ventus RTX 2080), I played The Division 2 quite a bit and Anthem I actually finished and rather enjoyed even though most people including @Tipstaff were reporting a lot of game breaking bugs with their systems I was lucky not to during my time playing Anthem though I did experience bugs, for example me and @Tipstaff tried playing together and the sound on my machine went wonky and we ended up not playing, can't remember if his game was throwing fits too at the time.

But furthest back I can actually remember, I know there was more just can't remember now (yeah I know, my age is beginning to show) I got Xtreme G 2 and Turok 2 Seeds of Evil with my Voodoo 3000 back in the day. And man oh man did I play the crap out of those two games!

Mr Cairo and IvanV like this.