remote desktop in linux

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by cheffy, Jul 29, 2002.

1. cheffy

cheffy New Member

is it possible to use wine to run remote desktop(cause u can download the 4meg install from m$) and if it is possible are there extra steps required?

im thinking of installing mandrake on my laptop so i can play around with linux... but i want to be able to do remote desktop with my desktop

2. Yeti

Yeti New Member

Uh... find VNC.... it serves the same function as remote desktop, but is about 100x better. It is cross-platform... e.g. you can run it on linux, windows, mac os... etc... So if you wan't to control a windows PC from a linux machine: 1.) you would install the VNC server on the Win machine, and the VNC client on the linux machine... 2.) Start the windows machine server and leave it on. (not very hard to do, it does it automatically). 3.) now you can get into that windows machine from anywhere in the world (password protected of course).... including that linux machine that you have the client on (which is why you installed it). --- VNC .... just get it :D

3. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

4. Yeti

Yeti New Member

Yeah, too lazy to post the link myself.... its the first thing that appears on google for "VNC" :D