Remote Wonder 2.5.1?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Judas, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I knew i wasn't going blind and halucinating... hey, it could happen ;)

if you read the 5.2 Release Notes for the catalyst... you'll clear see it specifically state Remote Wonder 2.5.1 (0?)

i could have sworn this version had been mentioned elsewhere...

Checking, the release notes for 5.1 and 4.12 also have remote wonder 2.5.1 mentioned..

HOWEVER www.ati.com still show only remote wonder version 2.5.0.0 being available.

Perhaps a mistake in the writeup? The page forgotten, not updated?

It's not a major issue at all, but twas wondering.

2. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

i just have 2.5 so i dunno :(

3. Judas

2.5.0.0 is the latest version.. released in august...

pushing a few months now haven't we? ;)

atm, i'm waiting on a specific setting. One that will allow us to LOCK all volume controls specifically... OR vice versa...

for example, i want either the MASTER VOLUMES to be locked at a specific setting, then using the included MMC to controll my volumes... or lock the volumes on my MMC and use the remote to adjust my master volume only.

Currently the problem is that the remote appears to adjust different sliders, one minute, it's adjsuting the master, then the program, another i've seen the LINE IN being adjusted.... what do you get? massive volume slider mess with the speakers (being the TV) cranked to high heaven, and then blowing them when you reset the sliders (ears ringing still)

ATM, my only complaint aside from the configuration screen not being available OR being able to select WHICH adapter to display on..

ATM, i'm running a Composite Video TV and a monitor on my 9600XT AIW.... only way to get it to run on the tv is to CLONE..... and for the life of me, can't get it to display on the monitor at the same time.... however, a DVD will play on both at the same time but i experience some nasty choppy playback....

Another is that i want to set my monitor to primary, and my tv as secondary (no clone)... i want to watch TV and CDs and everyone on my TV while surfing on my monitor or possibly playing a game.

the CCC doesn't work nor does the normal old CP..... and i've tried this with a 9000 pro aiw, a 9600xt now ... i had a 9700 and a 9800xt aiw at my disposal at one point with no change..

4. serverlag

serverlag New Member

That is what I have always wanted and what ATI will hopefully make possible one day before I am elderly...

5. Judas

well if we can get enough people DEMANDING this, IT WILL be made a reality ....

I really wish more games would allow you to choose which adapter you could use..... frankly, it's somewhat annoying they don't NOW when people are using dual head video cards now and years ago most only had one.. and yet they were still producing games and programs that would allow you to choose..... although i know why, because even before that, people ran a 2D carda be it onboard or not, and a pure 3D only card. and sometimes they had one for 3dfx and d3d and one for opengl...

6. jec0s

jec0s New Member

Are you sure you have the Displays tab set up right, I used to watch a bunch of divx/dvd on my tv, and it wasnt in clone.. it could of been but I didnt have it there...

Wait isn't the 9600AIW only have one primary head display?
    or doesnt show a secondary display in device manager.. cause that would be why its restricted to clone mode..

I've been able to do it with a 9800pro.. AIW's usually lack the second head to allow a second display.

7. Judas

..i'm not restricted.. it's using a DVI-I connection... it's essentially a dual head........ it has a Secondary and Primary Adapter....

8. serverlag

serverlag New Member

My 9800se AIW has a primary and a secondary display 2, in the display properties. Still I cannot have someone watch a movie on the TV-Out while doing something different with my PC. First I thought it was a limitation with win98, so I switched to w2k: to no avail.
    I installed hydravision, which only messed up my desktop settings, but did not give me this funktionality either, so I guess it's not there; correct me if I am wrong, plz