Republicans call convention to order

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Falstaff, Aug 31, 2004.

1. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

humm, can u say 20 years. maybe more. we will be there for awhile

2. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

no, not saying that actors that actually serve functionally in a political office are ineffective spokesman, just the ones that draw undue attention to themselves for the sole purpose of influencing a democratic election, and cant hold political office.lol
    democrats need actors....it got Clinton elected, lol

3. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

we arent going to have 70,000+ troops sitting in iraq for 20 years no way....

4. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

clinton wasn't a good actor."i didn't have sexual relations with that woman." she blew me off, i didn't do anything.

5. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

we still have that many in germany and Korea.

6. GutterPunk

those are strategic non hazardous zones tho... itll prolly turn into something like guam

7. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

Korea non-hazersous, u got to be kidding.

8. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

korea wouldn't be hazardous if we had a president who had the word 'diplomacy' in his repertoire :rolleyes:

9. GutterPunk

its Tense, but no true fighting happens

10. RDoggy

RDoggy New Member

Thats it sorry his Avatar.

11. drakesteakn

drakesteakn boo!!!!

whatever, they shoot at u from across the border. then they kidnap and murder people from S.Korea. the can come across the border and we can't do nothing about it. if we went across we would be shot on site. people are murdered and raped, but there is no real fighting. yeah right.

12. GutterPunk

not for our troops if we exchanged fire it wouldnt be a great thing

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

since the last peace accord, or truce depending on how you look at it...lots of folks have been killed there...cutting down trees for gods sake

14. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

I would be willing to pay higher taxes so my children don't have to pay double today's taxes to pay off the interest accumulated on the deficit of today. Its a shame that this current generation of politicians seems bent on making ME pay double taxes later on instead of simply dealing with the problem now.

Stop laughing; America has been repelled from Iraq, and if America ever tries to come back the mighty forces of the Republican Guard will once again triumph over evil.

15. BWX

BWX get out and ride

The government wastes more money that it needs to operate. I think the answer is to make it more efficient, and less wastefull...

Also, lowering taxes does not necessarily equal less money for the government, it actually promotes fiscal growth which makes a larger tax base.
    Yes it takes time, but it does work.

16. Razgriz

Razgriz Intelligence?

anyone catch Arnold Schwarzenager (sp?) joke. quote "i made a movie called True Lies..........thats what the democrats called THEIR convention." god that guy, funny foreigner

17. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

The reason its cheaper to just contract out stuff for the government is because the government is extremely wasteful; the government keeps checking and doing risk reduction to the point where the risk reduction costs as much as the risk its avoiding, it has so much bureaucracy that the overhead on a project could easily be more than the actual non-staffing project costs, and overall has minimal incentive to take slightly riskier but significantly cheaper methods. Contractors don't have huge systems monitoring every baby step of a project and have huge incentives to keep costs down, and thus they do better.

Good governmental management CAN do a good job, but bad governmental management can be catastrophically worse than bad contractor management. The good managers normally go work for contractors, too, because they pay more.

I see the solution in paying government workers (and managers) equivalent rates to what they could get in the private sector, so that we don't need such a huge self-checking system and can have better qualified and more talented government workers at all echelons...

18. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Well that would be great, too bad that whole explanation doesn't even begin to touch on the amount of outright corruption going on in the federal, state, and ever more increasingly- the local level. It's a damn disgrace. It pisses me off just thinking about it, people's hard earned money basically being taken by the government and flushed down the toilet. It's pathetic. :annoyed:

19. Dom

Dom New Member

Yes. I also caught his "girly-man" quote too. But don't accredit hit for being funny; accredit the people writting his speaches.

20. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

i got his 'girly-man' quote as well. i think its good that he said it. why? because ive had enough of people expressing themselves, and the media talking up a storm until that person offers some kind of apology. he needs no apology, those are his feelings, and i think he is great for standing up for it.