[REQ]Drivers Reviews

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by [TOC]Leviathan, May 10, 2006.

1. [TOC]Leviathan

[TOC]Leviathan New Member

Hi im an old reader of DH but only recently i had the possibility to register @ your forums.
    The reason im doing is also a request for DH Administrators to create a monthly review of Drivers for Nvidia/ATI.
    At the moment there are alot of Modified drivers out there but very low info on their performance for comparison, wich makes it hard for people to know wich would give the best performance to their computers.

Hope you take my idea in consideration :)

2. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Welcome to DH,

To create a monthly review of this sort would be very difficult to put together. First the reviewer would require a broad range of current hardware from both vendors to test the drivers on which would be a very costly venture.

Second they would also need several test systems of various hardware configurations to make their testing results valid and not just subjective input on their part.

It is a good thought though I just dont know how doable it really is....

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

It is something I would love to do on the site, however it would take a person with the right abilities to do this each month and would take at least 10 days to do indepth and accurately. Right now unfortunately I cant spare anyone who is capable enough to do it. we have a massive backlog of hardware reviews to get out.