Request help in advance

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by redfox, May 13, 2007.

1. redfox

redfox New Member

I am going to receive a new graphics card in about a week. This card is the XFX GeForce 6200 256MB AGP 8x Video Card ( DVI VGA TV-Out ). The card currently in this Dell 4500 desktop is a 32MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra. The question is which filters do I use to clear the remaining entries after uninstalling from device manager?

Also, should I install drivers from the CD or should I ignore those and get the latest drivers from XFX and install them? I tried to get the drivers from XFX but they need a product code which I do not have as yet. Can I get the latest drivers from another source? Where?

I am trying to utilize the time waiting for the card to obtain all that I need in order to be ready when the card arrives. To that end, I am now going to start the process to buy DC.net.

Thanks for the help.

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hi there and welcome to DH!
    I think that normal ATi filter would do just fine.
    And for drivers get them from nvidia's site :)

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi and welcome.

You only need to use the ATI filter.

The drivers on the nvidia website are probally newer so it is best to get those.

4. redfox

redfox New Member

Thanks for the responses and the welcome.

I have downloaded the latest version of DC.Net and applied the registration code. That painless procedure makes me sort of official. Next I will read the 'read me' information. Then I will download ForceWare 90 from nvidia's site. After that I will be good to go.

5. redfox

redfox New Member

I received the card and installed it today. Everything went well except that after doing a search in windows for 'files containing "ATI" in the name', the search came up with 282 files. I used the ATI filter and ran Cab Cleaner. Is this unusual?

TIA

6. Spike

Hi,

can you tell me where it found the files? it is possible it found them in the folder where the ati drivers are like c:\ati

and if i missed any files i can add them to the cleaning filter. Maybe you can scroll through the list and make screenshots that i can see the name and location so i can check what files i need to add.

7. redfox

redfox New Member

Sorry, there is no C:\ati folder.

I made the screen shots, but I see that submitting attachments is turned off for me.

8. Spike

9. redfox

redfox New Member

Email sent. Thanks Spike.

10. Spike

After checking the screenshots i saw why it found that many items. It lists everything with ati in it like names with application in it and such. It also finds everything the cleaning filters from Driver Cleaner.NET with ati in it.

It found also ati drivers in the dell driver folder C:\Dell\Drivers and they have a lot of ati files in them. You can delete those 2 folders if you have those drivers on a cd.

For the rest it is nothing, just filenames and directories with the letters ati in it.