Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City's First Trailer Is a Bite of Zombie Camp

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

The original Resident Evil games are remembered as horror icons in gaming, and rightly so; their riffs on zombie tropes have created a franchise that has since exploded into one of the biggest names in the industry. That means it’s easy to forget that those classics have more than a little bit of cheesy charm to them, something this latest film adaptation looks like it’s taking to heart.

Sony has released the first trailer for Johannes Roberts’s cinematic reboot of the Resident Evil saga, Welcome to Raccoon City. If the name alone wasn’t enough of a reminder that Roberts fully intends to eschew what the Paul W.S. Anderson Resident Evil movies did in transforming the game series’ lore, then this trailer should serve very much as a reminder about his intent that this apes the original games as much as possible.

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

That looks true to the game even to the badly delivered dialogue .... Love the use of Whats Up in the trailer that's and interesting music choice.

I will wait till it comes to Nelflix though

Calliers likes this.
  3. Calliers

Same here, I'm not about to go see it in the cinemas. With Covid and all out there.

Otherwise, it just as easily might end up on HBO, Prime, or Disney Plus. Two of which I have anyway so it's all good, as well as Netflix I have access to, so most likely I'll see this one once it starts streaming too. Looking forward to it even though I miss Milla Jovovich so much, she looks just like this one Yugoslavian gf I once had so I've always had a soft spot for her.

4. Mr Cairo

She is easy on the eye but she also an extremely limited actress who is lucky to be married to her film writer/producer/Casting agent/director Husband

5. Calliers

She is good in action flicks I think. Some actors are only suited to one type of movie.

Acting is hard.

6. Mr Cairo

Like the ones their husbands cast and direct

to be fair she was pretty damn fine in Fifth Element and Joan of Arc its only since she started acting in her husbands films that she became mediocre