Resolution Issue Upon Every Reboot After Installing Omega Driver

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Alyssa, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member

It seems those of us with Toshiba laptops seem to be experiencing a problem when we install the Omega drivers.

Here is the original thread. I hope I'm placing this in the section Dyre Straits meant.

Any ideas on what we can do to fix this?

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

This is the correct forum. Now, if someone with a laptop who has resolved -- or at least determined the cause of -- this problem, I'd be happy to hear it, too.

However, have any of you attempted to install the drivers from within Safemode? Making sure to answer YES to any overwrite prompt?

The thing is, I'm not sure offhand just how much support Omega adds for the mobility cards. Does anyone know for sure?

3. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member

I didn't install in safe mode, and if no one posts that they've tried, I'll attempt to tomorrow. I know that the omega driver works on some laptop brands because I found out about the driver on a forum for Command and Conquer 3. I'm not sure what the laptop brands were but 3 or 4 other people installed it and didn't seem to have a problem. They all have the same graphics card I have.

I'm not sure what you mean by how much support it adds... sorry. However here's a positive that happened when I installed it.
    With the defualt one I'm using, right afer the spash screen (I guess that's what it's called) to the C&C3 demo showed up the screen would always turn blue, and I would have to remove the battery pack just to get my laptop to start up again. The driver changed that though. It loaded the demo perfectly every single time, I never saw that annoying bluescreen once while having the driver installed.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  4. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member

Ok, I tried in safe mode and it still doesn't work. In fact this time when I rebooted after installing in safe mode, when it loaded it the screen resloution was 800x600 and the color quality loaded as 16-bit.

Oh, and I found this about the Omega Drivers;

The Omega Drivers are compatible with all ATI Radeon cards:
    (it doesn't matter if they are DDR, SDR, [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]PCI[/FONT][/FONT], PCI-E, AGP, Mobile, Retail, OEM or 3rd Party)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  5. interval

interval New Member

I have the exact same problem with my A100.

Personally, it doesn't bother me enough to switch back to the ATI drivers, but it'd still be nice to find a resolution. (heh heh heh.)

6. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member

Wow it's been a long time... Any one have any ideas on a possible fix for this? I found some mysterious driver back in April that worked until my laptop went wacko on me and I had to reset it back to factory settings. Naturally I can't find the driver again. So I'm back here hoping for a fix.