Resolution keeps defaulting back to 1024x768 on reboot

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by dulahan, Dec 26, 2006.

1. dulahan

dulahan New Member

I just downloaded the latest Omega drivers the other day, and ever since whenever my laptop boots up the resolution defaults to 1024x768 no matter how many times I try to set it to 1200x800 (It's a 15.4" laptop monitor). I can change it easily enough, but it is rather annoying to have to do so anytime I turn it on. I've tried uninstalling Multires, and no luck. And for some reason I can't get the actual ATI drivers to install so I can't roll back (Factory drivers before).

I've got a Toshiba Satellite M105 with a Radeon 200m video chip, and the latest drivers. Windows XP

Anyone have a clue what else I can try so that it will stay at 1200x800 when it boots up? (It is there for a few moments, until something starts up, it seems).

Thanks!

2. dulahan

dulahan New Member

Just trying to bump since I still haven't been able to fix the issue.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

If I had a laptop I might be of some help. Being that I don't I can only imagine the frustration you're having with this problem.

At any rate, someone should have given you a warm welcome to Driver Heaven and even that got omitted. (Likely due to the holidays, but that's no excuse.)

So, welcome to Driver Heaven and I hope we can somehow help you get this annoyance resolved.

I wonder, does the graphics display adapter show up properly when you check the Device Manager?

Is there a setting in the BIOS that somehow overrides any Windows setting for the display resolution?

Did you completely uninstall the previous ATI drivers before updating to the Omega's?

You can try reinstalling the drivers from within Safe Mode by doing a 'manual' installation. That is, go to Device Manager, select the Primary Display Adapter and use the Update Drivers option. Point to where the Omega drivers were extracted and proceed. Do the same with the Secondary Display Adapter.

Download CCleaner.com and use it to clean up the Windows Registry as well as all the junk/tmp files on your system. It's totally free and very useful. Also, highly recommended by many experienced members here.

Good luck and do post back with the results/progress in getting this problem resolved.

Cheers!

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn New Member

all XP user accounts share the same resolution, but there are progs that can set ones for specific users, i guess they run on startup

so get a prog or script that changes the rez on startup

or can ATT do it?

5. maaccc

maaccc New Member

Got this problem too on my Toshiba A100 laptop. On toshiba drivers there is everythink fine but on omega there is somethink like this :
    -system starts on 1280 x 800 res - like should be ;)
    -then it switches into 1024 x 768 and finishes loading all apps to tray.

its no matter there is multires or not.
    i tryed install full omega's and only driver but all times it finishes starting up on 1024 x 768 rez.

i think its set somewere in driver dll's or ini files but i cant find it.
    i wroted to driver creator but he didnt anwserd me ;( - pitty coz drivers gives 30% better performance in games.

if anybody got any idea what to do.. ill try everythink coz toshiba will not update radeon drivers anymore.

6. DizzyWeb

DizzyWeb New Member

I'm having the exact same problem with my Toshiba A100-510.
    I'm reverting back to the original drivers until there's a solution.

7. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member

I was experincing the same thing on my Toshiba laptop, and I'm no longer using the driver. I tired another driver, I think a Catalyst one and it couldn't even install... Any one found anything other than the defaut setting, that works?

8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

If these are all laptops having this problem I wonder if the Mobility forum has any help for you? Like I said above, I don't have access to a Windows laptop to try anything on.